NA Tuning Options in 2015?

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

czei
First Gear

NA Tuning Options in 2015?

Post by czei »

I've been scanning the forums but can't seem to find a stick thread on what's available in 2015. RobTune seems to be the only tuning option, but that only works for turbo engines. Are there any NA tuning options available in 2015? The PP6 seemed to be spec'd for NA, but of course that's been discontinued.

Thanks,
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Re: NA Tuning Options in 2015?

Post by SILINC3R »

Never got far with it but here ya go

click me
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
MConte05
Second Gear

Post by MConte05 »

For NA, honestly a decent intake, good cams (Delta 3000 for high end power, and Delta somethingelse for mid range torque) and a good EL header will make good enough power. Not much to be gained from NA tuning at this lower end of the spectrum.
czei
First Gear

Post by czei »

Thanks, I didn't think here was much benefit, but as an electrical engineer it's fun to tinker.

I had forgotten about EL headers; that sounds like a pm excellent next project, and a heck of a lot easier than taking out the cams :-)
MConte05
Second Gear

Post by MConte05 »

On a SOHC EJ22, cams are a piece of cake!

However if you do want to tinker with NA tuning, can make a PP6 work for you. I've got one laying around that I bought for my old open light car with the intention of tuning it. Ended up selling that car and getting a turbo open class car that I just went with a RobTune on.
czei
First Gear

Post by czei »

This car has a DOHC engine running off of a '93 2.2L ECU. Are cams still a piece of cake?

If you think the PP6 has a chance of working I'm interesting in giving it a shot. Trying this sort of thing without real dyno testing is problematic, and as an engineer I hate guessing, but hey, this is a gutted, full of dirt rally beater, perfect for experimentation.