RallySprint in Las Vegas 3.5.05

Autocross, Rallycross, ProRally, Drag, WRC, F1 etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

rally370
Second Gear

RallySprint in Las Vegas 3.5.05

Post by rally370 »

Kick off the rally season with a blast with this rally sprint.
Team Legacy's of Brinkhurst and Wilson hope to be there.

www.californiarallyseries.com for details.

See you out there!

Both Legacy's are going to the doctors for Bitch box's(Ok we wanted dog box's)as we moan so much about the gearbox and can't afford a dog box!

Cheers

Chris
Grant
Second Gear

Post by Grant »

You don't want a dogbox. You'd just end up having to rebuild it every few months. If anything buy a RA gearset or Quaiffe straight cut synchro set up.
Grant Hughes
Denver, CO
http://www.nocoastmotorsports.net
rally370
Second Gear

Post by rally370 »

I was just joking! I've just dropped in a 100,000 box from a road going Legacy LS and it's like a different car now.I can get the gears without crunching.

Ready for Vegas.

Check www.californiarallyseries.com for up coming events

Cheers

Chris
rally370
Second Gear

Rally sprint report

Post by rally370 »

Teh Rally sprint was a blast! I was in San Francisco the week before,so I drove down Friday ,loaded up the Legacy and drove another 71/2 to Vegas.The Nissan Xterra does a fine job after all day on the road.

Anyway Saturday Tech/Paperwork went fine.This is like a mini rally of 7 stages but no notes and the route book was more like a guess book!
So it's drive it as you see! very interesting at speed on gravel not really knowing what's around the next bend.Stage 1 was part tarmac and gravel of long fast flowing bends and some tight stuff.It took a few miles to get back into it since our last rally in December.But we seemed to have a good time.Stage 2 was the reverse and we saw over 100mph on some parts,we nearly had a big off on one bend but kept it going to the finish.

Stages 3 +4 were the same format , up 3 and return for 4 This stage had alot of dips that were full of water! I was cautious going up,but back down I was flat out through the water and found some holes in the car that wet my feet.

Service break fixed the front fender liners that blew out due to water pressure.

The next three stages were the best of the day with fast straights/bends,tight fresh air bends and rough sections all we tackled well and finshed first in class and sixth overall.

The Legacy never missed a beat and pull strong all day,the new??? box worked well giving more control for the corners as I was not fighting for gears.

The handling is now superb.The car runs on hard compound Khumo's which seem to suit my suspension setup.The Legacy is an oversteer beasty which I'm getting used to.
Corners go like this: Tight right hander,brake a little either in 3rd or 2nd gear,steer the car away from (left)the bend just before the apex ease of the gas slowly(faster means the back end snaps out more) and as the rear gets loose steer into the bend,the rear end flips out and you're set up for the corner to slide around with very little steering.I know this is the case as the outside edges of the front tyres still have good tread on. In fact the tyres are still good after two rallies.

The good thing also is I drive the car to work in the week and you should see the faces of people when they see the car covered in a film of mud.

Next rally www.rimoftheworldrally.com it's a big 'un so come along.

Go to www.specialstage.com then forum then video's and photo's see seed 9 and there is some nice footage of the car on the down hill hairpin.I would provide the link but the forum is not working at present.

Cheers

Chris
rally370
Second Gear

Post by rally370 »

I've found the link
Seed 9 2005 Off Camber Hairpin (Whole Field).WMV
also http://www.lvrscca.org/ click rally news for link to photo's

Enjoy

Chris