Okay, Fess up. Who's legacy is this?

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

Aaron i will some it up 4 u. SPESHALs CAR is SMOKEING. 2 the next party u asked SMOKE A JOINT, REFFER, GANJA, marEwana, WEED, GRASS, PUFF DA LA, PHILY BLUNT, doOBE THEN READ MY SHIT IT WILL ALL COME CLEAR. HA HA AH Aaron is a funny guy u got these 2 lines that puzzle me

AGIAN i need 2 say this DAME SPESHALs i cant get a nuff of ur LIBERTY
Aaron's ej22t
Second Gear

Post by Aaron's ej22t »

Okay, well i still can't understand you. Why are you talking about driving on sidewalks and running from cops, smoking marijuana and so forth?
You live in your own world of Ebonics, so I am [/i]not surprised that my words puzzle you! :roll:
Last edited by Aaron's ej22t on Mon May 26, 2003 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
92 Legacy Turbo \ 5MT \ Silver
JasonGrahn
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by JasonGrahn »

:lol: :lol: Aaron, you're a card!

Speshal: For what your car is, it rocks. I'm personally prefer with a bit more ground clearance for daily driving, but I like the looks of what you've got.

Aside from the obvious front mount IC and exhaust, what other mods are on your list? Have you taken it to the dyno yet to see what you run powerwise?
-Jason Grahn
czo79
Second Gear

Post by czo79 »

Speshal...
I like the car man, its all about peoples tastes and variety is the spice of life! Looks like you live in the city, if I did, I'd go that low, but out here in the boondocks, I have to stick with some clearance. ANyways, I dig you mirror tint, it only seems to show up in some of the picts you posted, not others. Out here, we can't have ANY tint on our fronts windows, and I don't really like the look of tinted back and no fronts. I'm thinking maybe I could get away with the mirror tint though. Can you tell me about it? How much it costs? Hows it affect vision? Is it only look mirrored at certain angles?
thanks
Micum
Micum
91 Legacy Turbo Sport - 94 JDM EJ20G
97 Legacy 2.5 GT - mod'd
93 Impreza L AWD (sold)
97 Legacy 2.5 GT (deceased)
98 Legacy Outback (sold)
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Speshal, I agree that the car is a bit low, but then again, you might not drive it everyday. It might be a car you enjoy on the weekends...

As long as there is some element of performance involved and not complete show, then I'm fine with it.

EDIT: I got the 10,000th post :D !
Last edited by entirelyturbo on Tue May 27, 2003 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

NOW U GUYs LIKE HIS CAR WOW U GUYS R REALLY FUNNY. & 2 THINK I WAS MESSED UP. U GUYs R KILLING ME BUT SPESHAL UR CAR IS SMOKING. & ALL U GUYS IN THE STATES CANT HAVE TINTED WINDOWNS IN CANADA U CAN HAVE BLACK SPRAY PIANT AS A TINT
GOOD NIGHT PEPOLE DOWN UNDER
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I thought I asked you not to post in all caps.....

If it was someone else.....then this is your polite request to not post in all caps.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
[SPESHAL]
In Neutral

Post by [SPESHAL] »

The lack of ground clearance doesnt really worry me, as I dont drive the car much, and sure as hell never in carparks, etc.
With the 16 inch rims on (brings it a bit closer to the deck) http://www.pbase.com/image/15108195 - is how low the exhaust sits :shock:

After having a look around your site, it appears you guys like a bit of ground clearance though, Outback style :D

Mods are :
3inch dump pipe from turbo (collector style)
3 inch mandrel bent mild steel into stainless steel exhaust with #21 Agressiv Performance Muffler (119 dB @ 2002 Western Salon)
K&N Pod Filter with Cold Air Induction and Custom Inlet Pipe
Possum Bourne Link ECU with handset
Custom Revlimit Motorsports 600x300x75 mm front-mounted intercooler with stainless steel polished 2.5 inch intercooler piping
Revlimit Motorsports Oil/air seperator
Mitsubishi TD05 Turbocharger @ 1.0 bar
G Reddy Type S blow off valve
Automated Intercooler Water Spray with manual over-ride on Missile Launcher switch
Bosch coil pack's
1997 Twin Turbo Legacy Motor with forged pistons, sodium filled exhaust valves, etc
STi High Pressure fuel pump
Jim Berry Heavy Duty Clutch and Pressure Plate
Rebuilt MY98 WRX Gearbox
Cusco Front strut brace
Hot Bits adjustable coil over suspension with 60 mm lowered spring platforms and 290 lb/foot front springs / 220 lb/foot reaer springs
Whiteline Camber Pins
STi Aluminium Control Arms
Whiteline rear adjustable sway bar
Whileline rear Sway Bar Links
DBA Slotted Rotors (front)
Bendix Ultimate front and rear brake pads
Colour coded skirting and bump strip
Deleted rear wing
Pumped and rolled guards front & rear
Custom Fibrevision modified Front Bar
Debadged
MOMO steering wheel
Autometer boost gauge
Link handset
Advanti Raptor 5 18 x 7.5 inch rims painted gold
Toyo T1S 225/35 18 tyres
Full respray in white pearl

Theres probably a few more things, but I cant recall.

I havent had it dyno'd lately, I'd guess maybe 180 kw @ wheels as it is now, on the mild boost. In the real world though, its pretty even with Rex's that have done 12.6-12.7, but as I'm selling it, I havent taken it to the drags.

The tint is 35% silver tint. Its the darkest legal here in Australia, and its peice of piss easy to see out of. I used to have 5% mirror tint, which was impossible to see out of at night. As it is now, it appears mirror at some angles and some lights, some not so, but for something thats legal its quite good. It cost me about $AUD300.
Last edited by [SPESHAL] on Tue May 27, 2003 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
JasonGrahn
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by JasonGrahn »

hahhaha.. not Outback low, but not as low as you've got. but DAM, from that picture, you're LOW! I like about a inch and lower then stock...

But that's quite a list of mods, well done! Quite good!

Cheers!

(edit, lower then stock, not ground clearance! oops!)
Last edited by JasonGrahn on Tue May 27, 2003 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Jason Grahn
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

[SPESHAL]: I see a very nice set of modifications listed, I cant understand how you put them to good use. Is this car just a trailer/garage queen or do you ever drive it? Do you just go for bragging rights?

Unless you have found a very large tennis court to drive on I doubt you will ever be able to use the vehicle+mods. Aren't you afraid of tearing the bottom of the vehicle up? Also with such reduced ground clearance and short sidewalls I see your handling as being worse. It would drive me nuts to have a vehicle so nice that would have to slow down for bumps in the road.

NICO I WRX U: Dude, we arent trying to hate you but seriously we dont understand what you are talking about most of the time.

bosc0: Our idea of modifying a vehicle is to enhance some aspect of it to perform better in a situation, most of us arent into "looking good" . We are into going faster.
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Yes Speshal, I was drooling on the keyboard reading that mod list!!! 97 EJ20TT, very nice! :D

I second everything Ciper said too... :?
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
[SPESHAL]
In Neutral

Post by [SPESHAL] »

Oh trust me, I drive it. Granted not every day, but it gets driven often.

Its very stiff, so driving along roads I dont really (suprisingly) have a problem with bottoming-out, but in Carparks I do, but I didnt buy this car to drive around Carparks did I? So its not really a concern. Yes, handling would be better if it were higher, on corners that are bumpy it gets thrown around a bit, but on smooth roads it handles very, very good.

Oh and it doesnt just look good, it goes pretty quick as well. As you can see its got a pretty extensive list of mods that dont just look good.

subyluvr2212 - it aint a TT any more. Just in case you got a bit confused. Just single turbo.
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

Wow, haven't read this thread in a while. Hey... quit hating!!!!

My goodness, it's obvious he went from the top of the bumper vent to the bottom of the lower opening to modify his front fascia. It's not like there are a thousand different bumpers to put on this car. The key is that he COMPLETELY filled it up with an intercooler. Give props where props are due, he worked with what he had.

And I just now noticed that he eliminated the rear wing. I like the stock one, but the car looks nice enough that I couldn't tell he took his off. Also the car brings out styling cues on this body style that I didn't get before... now I see what the designers were trying to do with this car. Also, notice the lack of a body kit that hangs down from the very fore/aft edges, this is what makes most cars into "trailer queens". Go ahead and put a 'mild' 1" drop on a car AND full body kit and see where you can drive. The angles of approach to his bumper tips are not that horrendous.

Also some don't seem to grasp the concept of a car that isn't a daily driver. I want mine to be kick-butt fast and very versatile like most of you, but his is real low.... so? People drop over $30,000 into cars just so they can trailer them to the drag strip and/or race course 5-6 times a year and couldn't drive them on the street if they wanted to. To each his own. He can drive his as often as he wants, who cares if he can't drive over a curb/pothole/dead animal?... give him a friggin break. Those big wheels make the car look pretty cool, almost like it's floating on air. Is it my style? No. But again, to each his own.

I don't like everything about the car... doesn't mean I have to say it. Show some dignity even if you are shielded behind a monitor that is thousands of miles from the person. Would you say it to his face?

Only thing that I see, Speshal, is I would either do a black mesh over the bottom openings or a white mesh and/or body match on the front grill so all the openings are around the same color. I kinda like the look of the openings looking like deep holes into the car with black. But I understand you want people to see the intercooler, too. The car is very clean, and go-fast too, good stuff.
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
[SPESHAL]
In Neutral

Post by [SPESHAL] »

Thanks a lot mate!

I was planning on putting some mesh in the grille, and the two holes where the fog-lights used to live, but never got around to it as I'm selling the car. Though I never had any intention of covering the Intercooler, it gives it a very agressive look I think.
Grant
Second Gear

Post by Grant »

Why couldn't you drive it all the time. You just have to stay off your cell to watch for pot holes. I love the red calipers. So simple yet look so good. I think that it is a very well executed car. Everything seems to flow well. The front end is AWESOME. That intercooler gives me hope for more future FMICs. Hope you have big plans for your next project. As far as the obvious difference in opinions. US roads are horrible. We can't really lower that far even in cities here. Also all the hoards of horrible cars driving the streets (Civics, old CRXs, etc.) decked out in cheap "performance" products like APC taillights and other such crap, that are also often lowered lower than is realistic in this area. I live a block away from the biggest Honda and Acura mod shop in Denver and always laugh when I see a Civic riding 2 inches from the ground with a busted front spoiler. Anyhow, good job. Looks nice, keep up the good work.
Grant Hughes
Denver, CO
http://www.nocoastmotorsports.net
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

well brat4by4 i agree with some of what you said but when it comes to the criticism i couldn't disagree with you more.If you are going to post pictures of your car on the net then you open yourself up to the opinions of anyone who sees it.i personally did not say anything i wouldnt say to his face.its not like anyone here flagged him down on the side if the road just to say "hey man your car is way to low,and your front end looks wierd".speshal seems to be a big boy that can take criticism well.he loves his car and that is all that matters in the end.i think it is a very nice ride thats a little to low and has to big of a hole in the front bumper.dignity?dont dignity and honesty go hand in hand?i'm not mad so dont take it wrong i just dont like being told i lack dignity because i type my opinion on a forum site that is designed to give folks a place to ask questions,voice opinions,and be in contact with other subaru enthusiast.okay lecture over :)
Last edited by legacy92ej22t on Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

I admit I wouldnt say everything I said if I knew him in person, I would find a nicer way to put it as to not be rude. The only thing I dont like about the car is ride height and wheels, otherwise I love it!

I cant think of any route near me I could take that car. I wouldnt even be able to drive to the post office! Even on the highway I would worry about gaining any kind of speed becuase a big bump could throw the car right out of its lane.

Thats why I still dont get it, with all these modifications the car should definatly be able to move fast, yet with the limited ground clearance and suspension travel you will never be able to. Even if the ground clearance was looked at unless those wheels are about 30 pounds of metal they wouldnt last very long before getting all bent out of shape.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

that's the difference between roads in the US vs. other countries.

Our roads really suck ass.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
[SPESHAL]
In Neutral

Post by [SPESHAL] »

Thats why I still dont get it, with all these modifications the car should definatly be able to move fast, yet with the limited ground clearance and suspension travel you will never be able to.
Take it from someone who actually DRIVES the car, it still moves VERY fast, and gets driven pretty often (every weekend), and the ground clearance doesnt really present an issue on the roads (in carparks, over speed humps, etc, then it does), but it is a little bit stiff for my liking.

Oh and the wheels are still round 8) Though I'm taking them off today and putting 16 inch rims on (selling the car with the 16s).
HomeSlice
Third Gear

Post by HomeSlice »

SPESHAL

I want your fogs mate!

YOU HATERS CAN BURN!!!!
MY93BC Legacy Sonora Sand---> black plasti-dip?
MY93GC Impreza Amethyst--> Glacier/aspen/pd White
93BC"edm" 93GC 90BC R.I.P.
subyfanatic
In Neutral

Post by subyfanatic »

Speshal, I love your ride. Maybe it's where are from and what my definiton of custom is but, I don't believe your ride is riced out. I see rice daily around here in NY/NJ- fart can welded to stock exhaust, cut springs, air intake, huge aluminum racing wings, etc. Your car seems to be at the level I eventually want my Legacy/Liberty turbo wagon to be. Your ride and the orange Rigoli Liberty are my two favorites from down under.
As an avid collector of Fast Fours, MAX Power, and Hot 4s magazines plus the High Octane and Serious Performance Videos 1-5, I have grown to love the Aussie and UK styles of customizing. I actually think its pretty close overall to the Puerto Rican style of modifying/racing. Another similarity between AUS and PR is a huge love for rotaries. Aside from all that, I think everybody is entitled to opinion and you should just do as you please with your own car. It's just about doing what you love and enjoying the end product. Enjoy your car!

E

Check out mine:
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/subyfanatic/ ... cy&.view=t
91 BC5 EJ22T Sedan, 93 BF5 EJ22T Wagon, 93 GF EJ20T, 96 GM EJ20T , 93 GC EJ18
[SPESHAL]
In Neutral

Post by [SPESHAL] »

Cheers man. Nice rims on that. What size are they?

Just gotta slam it :P
subyfanatic
In Neutral

Post by subyfanatic »

The rims are 18" 5Zigen Fighters, nice and light, too. Right now it's as low I can go around these parts, roads are not all that great. The last 10 or so pictures in that album are the current height. Eventually I'll get some adjustable coilovers and slam it some more. I love it when wheels tuck! 8)

E
czo79
Second Gear

Post by czo79 »

Hey subyfanatic...
Nice car...dig it! What kind of seats do you have, are those euro wrx seats or jodm or something? And whats your spring/strut combo? Agx and whitelines?
Thanks
Micum
Micum
91 Legacy Turbo Sport - 94 JDM EJ20G
97 Legacy 2.5 GT - mod'd
93 Impreza L AWD (sold)
97 Legacy 2.5 GT (deceased)
98 Legacy Outback (sold)
subyfanatic
In Neutral

Post by subyfanatic »

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback.
The seats are JDM, from a '99 WRX. I purchased them through NASIOC from a private seller in Japan. The struts are Impreza P1 and springs are SPT Eibach available at the dealer. Handling is a great improvement, the springs rebound nicely on small highway dips and firm up well on turns. No additional lowering was done and the install was a simple R&R.

Struts are ordered separately-
P1 Front Left Strut 20311FA960- 209.95
P1 Front Right Strut 20311FA950- 209.95
P1 Rear Left Strut 20360FA960- 209.95
P1 Rear Right Strut 20360FA950- 209.95

SPT Spring set-
SOA855Z1100- 279.95

I yet to add strut braces and thicker sway bars, it's in progress.

E