The New beastie.. and proof that Subaru's age very well!

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

inzomniac
First Gear

The New beastie.. and proof that Subaru's age very well!

Post by inzomniac »

Hey guys.. here's my new student beater.. the Turbo has been parked due to rediculous fuel prices, and with the power that thing was putting out I was going broke fast.. literally :p Anyway, my dad upgraded from his 95 LS wagon to an 05 outback 2.5i, so I got the 95! Not a bad deal if you ask me. Here's a pic of the car untouched, i'm only going to do a bit to it since it's more just for point A-B driving, and I'd like to keep it simple and good on fuel.

Also these pics are proof that Subarus age very very well. This car has 276,000km on it, and all in Canada.. not a spot of rust on it, and all original motor/trannie ect.

Gary
1995 Legacy LS wagon
1991 Legacy Turbo - 5spd, JDM EJ20 conversion
1985 RX sedan - dual range 4WD, 5spd (P4 rally car)
random aircraft....
gt2.5turbo
Second Gear

Post by gt2.5turbo »

sweet deal. ya im currently driving a 1985 bmw 318i and it is saving me tons in gas...
93 White Legacy Turbo Wagon: For Sale-ish
93 White Turbo Sedan: soon with a little more umf
91, funky brown purple gray color, legacy L Wagon: the "its so cheap i cant not pass it up" purchase to get me around when the others are down
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Is this 95 an AWD? If you're in Canada, I'm almost sure it is. The new 05 Outback is sweet isn't it? 8)

Funny, everyone is trying to park their fast cars for something to save gas. I have my gas-saving cars, and I'm looking for a fast one :lol:
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
inzomniac
First Gear

Post by inzomniac »

Yeah, the 95 is AWD.. I wouldn't see the point in buying a scooby without it really :shock: And I'm sure my dad will like the Outback.. I was working for Subaru last year, and I know first hand how good the new Outhouse is. It's alot more his style and better suited to the rough roads he drives on almost every day.
Gary
1995 Legacy LS wagon
random aircraft....
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

How does your '95 prove that Subarus age well when you're posting it on a board with cars nearly 6 years older than your 'new' one?

:roll:

Was this the one you were asking about exhuast on, too?
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

keep an eye on the drivers door it looks like the bottom edge is beginning to rust.

there is a really nice spoiler you can get for the 95-99 legacy wagons from subaru.

i have one on my 95.
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan
inzomniac
First Gear

Post by inzomniac »

greg:

I've been eyeing one of those spoilers actually, they look really good.. how much do they usually run? I was also thinking a body colour painted Outback bumper (leve the black around the lower air dam) with some 500's and a GT hood would look pretty sharp. And throwing a coat of gunmetal paint on the rims couldn't hurt either.

tris91ricer:

There are many agencies that specialize in helping with reading comprehension, but I'll let you google that. Seeing as you had trouble with my exhaust (axle back) post and got upset for no reason about that one too.. http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=23048 you might want to do that.

I wasn't saying that it's the oldest Subaru, nor was I saying that it was older than all the other cars on this board. For that matter, it's not even the oldest/highest mileage car in my driveway.. my other Legacy has well over 300,000km on it and is a 91 (that's 4 years older incase you have trouble with math too). I was merely stating that Subarus in general tend to fair rather well as the mileage gets up there... and this car is yet another prime example of a high km Subaru in outstanding condition. (incase you were confused the comma between 276,000 isn't a period, they look like this and indicate a decimal point "." , although why I'd carry 276km to three zeros is beyond me) Also just so you don't make this mistake with someone that will mock you, new means to have come to be a short time ago. Relatively speaking 10 or 11 years (not sure when the car was put on the road) isn't that long in the span of history.. but when talking cars, 10 years is quite old.

Finally, yes this is the car I was asking about exhaust for.. seeing how I was asking for advice on a 95 LS wagon, and that's what's in the picture... and in my sig..

anyway.. hope I helped clarify my original post!
Gary
1995 Legacy LS wagon
random aircraft....