Simple Hornet 719T Car Alarm Question

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Subby90BFAWDnonTurbo
In Neutral

Simple Hornet 719T Car Alarm Question

Post by Subby90BFAWDnonTurbo »

HI , I have a Hornet Car alarm system that came with my 90 BF (L) .I would like the parking lights to flash ,There is a wire for the light to flast when I arm/disarm the alarm, The wire is a 12V (Negative) and only 200mA. My question is what would be the beat way to install it so it works??is there something simpler then having to wire every parking light?

Thanks

P.S I read up in something about a parking light relay...what does that do?
My Car

Light Blue 90 BF legacy L AWD 4EAT

My Bro's Car

1995 Honda Accord VTEC 5 Speed
Homemade Cold air intake , No Muffler

We are looking at a 87 4WD GL Turbo for $750 as ours "toy" ;)
HomeSlice
Third Gear

Post by HomeSlice »

sup mate-welcome to the board i use to have the same alarm on my corolla. sounds like the fuse blew for the parking lights to flash. check it out the should be two fuses hanging off the brain. one for the alarm power the other one for the parking lights flash.
MY93BC Legacy Sonora Sand---> black plasti-dip?
MY93GC Impreza Amethyst--> Glacier/aspen/pd White
93BC"edm" 93GC 90BC R.I.P.
Subby90BFAWDnonTurbo
In Neutral

Post by Subby90BFAWDnonTurbo »

hmm , I only see one fuse. From what it looks like I dont think the person that installed it ever set it up so the the lights flash, the white wire im talking about is Cut and taped, so im kind of not sure if maybe the person tryed and failed or just didnt bother...what would that wire connect to anyways.

thanks

P.S I'll try to have some pics up cause I really want to get it to work

Thanks again
My Car

Light Blue 90 BF legacy L AWD 4EAT

My Bro's Car

1995 Honda Accord VTEC 5 Speed
Homemade Cold air intake , No Muffler

We are looking at a 87 4WD GL Turbo for $750 as ours "toy" ;)
Sub4evr
In Neutral

Post by Sub4evr »

I'll be installing an alarm in a week on my wagon and will let you know what wire to hook it up to. usually there will be a wire in the kick panel on the drivers side that will make all the parking lights flash.
92 Legacy Turbo Wagon
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

Connect the white wire to trip a relay. Connect this relay into the curcuit that runs the button on top of the stearing wheel.

You'll have lights that flash when the car is off that wont effect how the lights normally work.