Autocross Today...

Autocross, Rallycross, ProRally, Drag, WRC, F1 etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Autocross Today...

Post by LaureltheQueen »

Today was Jake's first time running, and he did amazingly well!

He ran the morning group, then I convinced him to run afternoon with us, and he smoked me. Doh! I blame it on having an "off" day, but we know who's superior. :smt023

good job mang!
jake15
Fourth Gear

Post by jake15 »

thanks!!!!! i wish i could do that every day.... it was so much funImage

it will take a couple weeks for my wallet to recover.... but it was definitely worth it :-D
90' legacy built ej257 gt30r 6spd r180 and brembos Bitches 402whp @22psi :D -sexy red
94' Impreza wagon AWD 2.2ltr rally wagon FTW!
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

congrats on beatin laurel your first time out. first time is always the funnest. it just gets frustrating after that .at least it was for me.

how much is it for you guys to run up there??? its only 30 bucks down here.
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

$30 preregistered, but jake ran morning(preregistered) as well as afternoon (unpreregistered) bringing his grand total of racing for the day to $65
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
[quote="NICO I WRX U"]the streets are my track[/quote]
SuperRallyRoo
Third Gear

Post by SuperRallyRoo »

Damn Laurel... Tell me when the next one is I wanna go! I'll take my TW
Legacyless
98 Jetta TDI
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

I forgot to add, I hit fuel starvation at least a couple times on each of my runs(as I ran it got progressively worse). I should have filled up my tank before running. Doh!
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

how much was in there? I wouldnt want a full tank for weight purposes.
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

LaureltheQueen wrote:$30 preregistered, but jake ran morning(preregistered) as well as afternoon (unpreregistered) bringing his grand total of racing for the day to $65

yeikes. most of the time we get morning and afternoon but we only pay once so its always just 30 dollars unless your a scca member then its only 20

you guys should move down here. 65 dollars gets you a day out at wendover airport on intermountain vintage's road course.
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

hahahaha, but then we'd live in SLC. :eek:

I had less than 1/4 tank. I'm not worried about not being competitive in autocross. I run time only and know that as far as the class of my car goes, I'll never do "well"
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
jake15
Fourth Gear

Post by jake15 »

azn2nr wrote:yeikes. most of the time we get morning and afternoon but we only pay once so its always just 30 dollars unless your a scca member then its only 20

you guys should move down here. 65 dollars gets you a day out at wendover airport on intermountain vintage's road course.
you suck!!! lol. yeah, i have alot of family in the SLC/ogden area, and i used to go there every summer, but with my new job at the shop i dont think i'm going to be going much if at all. its a nice place and all... i just dont fit in very well... lots of staring and stuff :smt064
Last edited by jake15 on Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
90' legacy built ej257 gt30r 6spd r180 and brembos Bitches 402whp @22psi :D -sexy red
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

ahh it aint so bad. being in ogden is your main problem. the slc is alot better. only 35% mormon population down here
-jason
jake15
Fourth Gear

Post by jake15 »

azn2nr wrote:ahh it aint so bad. being in ogden is your main problem. the slc is alot better. only 35% mormon population down here
yeah, SLC is better.... but then you count the druggies...... and its just not that much better (my uncle is one :shock: ). its not the whole mormon thing really, i went to an LDS church from birth till i was 15ish or so. my mom still makes me go now and then, but yeah, its just not for me. and i still haven't figured out why they stare at me :smt017 :smt042
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

I went there with purple spikey hair once. It was the most uncomfortable trip anywhere of my life.
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
ferrari494
Second Gear

Post by ferrari494 »

hehe, I went dressed as a mormon door to door person for halloween, bike helmet and all
'93 Subaru Legacy Turbo Sedan, 5mt
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

Yeah...$65 is alot of money for autocross...

The club that I run with (Willamette Motor Club), charges $21 for non-members and $16 for members, and I think that gets you a whole day of running...unfortunately I haven't run a whole day yet because I usually have some stupid thing to go to (band concert, wedding, etc)

You Warshington types should come down sometime when we are autocrossing, because I am the only T-Leg that runs there, and I need some competition :-D
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust