My ears hurt

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

jamal
Vendor
Vendor

My ears hurt

Post by jamal »

Although I suppose that's what happens when you throw your muffler in the dumpster and then drive around for a week.

It is hilariously loud. I plan to record some sound/video before I put on a new one.
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

loud pipes save lives :-D
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

So, apparently, does a windshield, fender chrome, tassles on the handlebars, highway bars, bags, a sissy bar, leather chaps, a leather vest and pink earplugs.

Sorry, Harley-Davidson mid-life-crisis owner bashing over.
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

:lol:
'00 Impr RS - sold
'91 Legacy Turbo 5MT - mothballed
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com
Richard
Third Gear

Post by Richard »

Tell me about it. I live in Milwaukee, the home of H-D. Nothing like waking up to a hundred or so of them drunkingly cruising by on the freeway next to my house at 2 AM. Or 4 AM. Or any damn time of the day. At least I get a break during winter. I laugh my ass off when a bunch of them overheat during their anniversary parades.

I am hypocritical, however, due to the fact that my FOXBOX's muffler system is 13 inches of rusty pipe coming off the cat and nothing else. I do try my best to keep things peaceful when I drive it during night hours though.

I can't bash Harleys too bad. If it wasn't for the business they do with the company I work for, I wouldn't have the job I have now.
-2004 Liquid Silver WRX "Pretty Hate Machine"
scuzzy
Third Gear

Re: My ears hurt

Post by scuzzy »

jamal wrote:Although I suppose that's what happens when you throw your muffler in the dumpster and then drive around for a week.

It is hilariously loud. I plan to record some sound/video before I put on a new one.
that's nothing

my exhaust has steadily fallen apart for the last six months

the transmission mount for the exhaust? yeah, it goes three inches after that. one hour of driving makes my emergency brake hot to the touch.
91 Legacy Wagon, Total Rally Car.

#82 M4 TRSCCA Rallycross

http://www.youtube.com/mobilepolice/
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

How about no exhaust at all? Mine's detached from the heads. Sounds like a WWII fighter.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

no muffler isnt that bad. i did that for a while.

right now im stright downpipe but haven heard it run like that. car is still at the shop :(
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

Just a downpipe isn't that bad. You hear less rattles that way.
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

evolutionmovement wrote:How about no exhaust at all? Mine's detached from the heads. Sounds like a WWII fighter.
Holy burned valves Batman!
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust
J-MoNeY
Fourth Gear

Post by J-MoNeY »

My friend and I went shooting his .40 without any ear plugs yesterday. Yowzaz my ears were ringing.
98 LGT
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I don't drive the car like that.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
import_freak
First Gear

Post by import_freak »

try just sticking a resonator tip on it. thats what i did to mine, cut the muffler off and put on enough pipe to come to the back of the car. then put a resonator on. its sounds beautiful :twisted: .
93 legacy turbo sedan
00 jeep wrangler
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

DLC wrote:So, apparently, does a windshield, fender chrome, tassles on the handlebars, highway bars, bags, a sissy bar, leather chaps, a leather vest and pink earplugs.

Sorry, Harley-Davidson mid-life-crisis owner bashing over.
you forgot the fake ponytail.(actually seen that one. :shock: )
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
Splinter
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by Splinter »

Ive been driving without any kind of muffler for at least 6 months

I love it.

My car doesnt sound like anything else on the road. All my friends know Im about to arrive from about 2 blocks away.

Once I get my tranny back in, Im removing the cats too.

Im also going to be running a 3" downpipe with a butterfly exhaust bypass once I get my new turbo in.
98 Steel Widebody RSTi-RA Superbeast
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

When I do my turbo project sometime in the next 274 years, I'm going to run a 3" downpipe all the way out... no cats, no mufflers.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
snowboarded
Third Gear

Post by snowboarded »

subyluvr2212 wrote:When I do my turbo project sometime in the next 274 years, I'm going to run a 3" downpipe all the way out... no cats, no mufflers.
want to hear mine? or will's 3.5"? :twisted:

The GL wagon I had before had no exhaust from the downpipe back. So everytime i would drive nothing but fumes all up in it. It was the loudest thing i've heard when you stepped on it. Sounded like a straight piped diesel truck. too bad i started getting nose bleeds from driving it like that. :-D
[quote="Manarius "]Only flamers will get those. [/quote]
[quote="All_talk "]How many WHP will that give me? :)[/quote]

2010 Subaru Impreza 5mt 5 door
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

yeah, the reason I threw it in the dumpster was because it was rusted out and starting to fall off/apart. I'm having a shop down the street put on a generic flowmaster or whatever they have after work because my ears seriously did start to hurt and I got a headache on the way home last Thursday.

Or I guess I could wait until tomorrow and do a little run through the 3rd street tunnel with the video camera tonight if I can find it.