91 Legacy Turbo 5MT w/ EJ20G for sale in VT

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
czo79
Second Gear

91 Legacy Turbo 5MT w/ EJ20G for sale in VT

Post by czo79 »

Hey folks,
I've talked a bit about selling this car before, but have finally decided it needs to go. I just don't have the money or time to play with her, and am sick of paying for winter storage.

It has around 144,000 miles. It has a 94 JDM EJ20G swap.
It has a few mods. A MRT alloy IC pipe, a early WRX air to air intercooler, this is embarrassing, it has a performance clutch, but the previous owner put it in and I'm getting it confused with all my other subees, I can't remember if it is a ACT or an Exedy. Either way, it is a full face, streetable clutch. It has an US '02 wrx backseat, never got a set of fronts for it, there is a rip on the front side drivers seat. The sunroof has been known to leak, but only on occasion. It has always had, at least by the previous owner and I, amsoil synthetics run in the engine, tranny and diff. I put in a set of kind of cheesy white faced glow gauges, which the glow hasn't been working as of late, don't know what their story is. The AC was ice cold as of this spring. Right now it has a beat up pair of 97 legacy GT 16" wheels on it with a totally kicked set of nokia snow tires on it.

This car has never seen a winter...on the road. Last winter it did unfortunately spend its first winter outside. It was from texas most of its life, then was brought to vermont, spent a winter in storage, was bought by me, and it has been stored indoors every winter until this last. The body is in very good shape, no rust. A couple tiny dings that are barely visible, and one on the hood that has a tiny rust spot, but it is in very good shape for a car of its age, especially in the 'snow belt'. My mechanic said he had never seen an early legacy so rust free. It does have the standard peeling paint on the hood scoop and the spoiler, the spoiler is currently off the car. I want to be clear about this, the body is what makes this car worth something, at least in my mind. This car is a bit of a project. It runs, but sometimes has trouble starting. There is a tapping that is almost definitely a hydraulic lifter, I have a valve cover seal, spark plug seals, and I think a cams seals around somewhere, in preparation to take care of it. The brakes likely need some work, if nothing else just from sitting for so long. I'm located in central vermont. This car's registration just ran out, and it is not inspected. But if anyone is willing to risk a sketchy back road test drive.....on balding tires, perhaps better done at night....I might be game.
I'd like to see it go to a good home, preferably someone who would actually like to fix her up nice.
I'm asking $1500.
Pics:
http://www.uvm.edu/~mmacinty/car_pics/
Thanks
Micum
Down to just my
99 Impreza Grocery Getter
91 Legacy Turbo Sport EJ20G (for sale!)
0perose
Third Gear

Post by 0perose »

hey, I just saw your post on craigslist when searching there, so I spammed it on the USMB for ya.. looks like a nice car, I'd be interested but I need an ej22t ;)
yo mang, can I get a rootshell?

1991 N/A, 4eat, crazy lights, junk suspension, sticker wagon
1989 xt6 work in progress
czo79
Second Gear

Post by czo79 »

Thanks!
Yeh, I'm surprised at craig's list, I threw it on as an afterthought, but I've already got some promising interest.
Micum
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

Man, I wish I had $1500, and a way to Vermont :(

Bump for a nice car at an awesome price :D
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust
MRtuningCO
First Gear

Post by MRtuningCO »

looking for a trade?
czo79
Second Gear

Post by czo79 »

not likely, but I'd be open to hearing ideas.
thanks
micum
llemoine
In Neutral

Post by llemoine »

too bad dude... i just just justu bought a '94 wagon this week :(
--
Lee M. Lemoine
'94 Legacy Alpine Wagon 5MT
'06 Legacy GT Limited (R.I.P.)
czo79
Second Gear

Post by czo79 »

***SOLD***
Thanks to anyone who showed any interest.
Sorry to see her go, but happy to see her go to a good home.
I can't believe some people actually wanted to use her for parts.
Well, hopefully some day I'll be back in the turbo suby fold...although with an old turbo leg, or a new one, only time and my pocketbook will tell.
Thanks all,
Micum
(czo)
Down to just my:
1999 Impreza Grocery Getter