Bummer. Thawa.net is down..

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

BAC5.2

Bummer. Thawa.net is down..

Post by BAC5.2 »

I guess Hardy did give up. His site is down, and it looks like all of our pictures that were hosted are gone forever.

I wish I had known, we could have started a fund raiser to help keep the site up.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

That sucks. Gallery was a pain for him, especially after the upgrade to 2.0. flickr is a pretty cool service though, and you can even link images directly.

Not sure how much bandwidth he used per month. I'd consider putting up a "gallery.legacycentral.org" if it wasn't too much traffic.
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

I don't even come close to using my available bandwidth (which is two terabytes a month). If there is actually demand for an image host I'd consider setting something up, but with all the image hosts out there I don't really see the point. Google now has that picasa web album thing I've been meaning to try.
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

The advantage of a privately-hosted Gallery site is that it's somewhat restricted to a community of similar interests. flickr and Picasa are awesome hosting sites, and you can create groups that emulate that sort of community as well.

The other advantages are behind the scenes.No one has to admin the board software being out of date or hackable, or worry about traffic, abuse, etc.
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

I really enjoyed it because I had FTP direct access to my own file (www.thawa.net/bac52).

I loved it because it was just so easy to use. I used it all of the time. I'm bummed that all of that info was lost.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
n2x4
Fourth Gear

Post by n2x4 »

Yah, that really sucks. Anybody who searches anymore for old threads are gonna find a lot of red x's.

I've always used imageshack.us and have had pretty good luck with them.
SUBARUEHS Racing
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

A buddy of mine just set me up with a replacement of thawa's site temporarily to see if Hardy brings it back up.

Bummer that all of our pics are lost though. I don't have copies of a lot of that stuff anymore :(

I found out because I did a search and found WAY to many red-X's.

It's funny, I seem to recall being on the FTP a few days ago. It must have just gone down :(

I wonder if we buy it back, just temporarily, will we be able to unload all of our pictures and stuff, or if they are all gone forever...

Subtle
Third Gear

Post by Subtle »

Over the past two years I've learned a lot from the bbs, without putting much in technically.

If it costs sometning to retrieve the gallery, please let me know.
Subtle (normally aspirated engines suck):
05 Legacy GT Wagon with Cobb chip.
62 Alfa Romeo Spider- had a 1.6 L with 80 hp, now 2 L with 160 torque. Curb weight 2050 lbs.
93 Leg Twgn fmic, vf34, etc. ((sold))
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

Crap this sucks! Many of those pictures were very informative. :(

I had as many pics as anyone on the 2nd version. Luckily I have back ups of most of them.

Should we start a Flickr group?
90 L+ wgn
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

Sucks! I don't even know how long it would take to fix all the image links I created.

I'm a fan of making a flickr group. flickr is really nice, although sometimes it takes a minute to figure out how to use.

Anyway, I've already got a bunch of pics of board members up on flickr already!

'00 Impr RS - sold
'91 Legacy Turbo 5MT - mothballed
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Haha, look how tiny your's and V's car look compared to the Foz!

petridish38
Second Gear

Post by petridish38 »

Sux! I just uploaded a bunch of stuff a couple days ago too... :(

Andrew
1990 Legacy LS Sedan FWD NA MT
209,000 miles!
2002 Impreza WRX Sport Wagon
http://www.myspace.com/petridish38
http://www.cardomain.com/id/petridish38
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I emailed Hardy to see if he happened to still have the files.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

I also e-mailed him. No response as of yet :(