Anyone in PA want to buy/pick up my car?

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
shtbxr22
Fourth Gear

Anyone in PA want to buy/pick up my car?

Post by shtbxr22 »

1994 Legacy Turbo wagon. 136,000 miles. blew turbo seal on highway trip back home from VA. my MBC was loosened, and turned itself up to about 16 p.s.i., so my turbo oil seal popped, and started to pump the oil through the engine, and smoke screened the highway. I am living in N.H. and am broke as shit, so I don't know how I am going to get it back. Maybe someone here could buy it. I don't know. It will need the turbo replaced, and new spark plugs. everything with the car is mint except the front fender rusting at the lower rear corners, the base of the rear doors is rusting, and the typical spot @ the rear quarters. here is the link: http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic. ... highlight=

the car has two 12" subs now, and a cargo shade, whiteline springs, and the 17" WRX wheels. waiting for offers.
it's on highway 15N in PA. right before the exit to get to the hampton inn @ 4950 Ritter rd. Mechanicsburg, PA 17055. just in case you want to check it out.
Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment.

1998 VW GTi VR6 5MT (SOLD)
1992 SS 4EAT Winestone (minus 2 gears/SOLD)
1994 TW 4EAT Quicksilver (blown up/SOLD)
2007 Legacy SE 5MT Satin White Pearl (Mine now :))
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

Man, I live about 5 minutes from where your car is sitting. Maybe we can work something out?
Manarius wrote:The Neo-Cons would call me a defeatist. I'd call me a realist. I'm realistically saying that a snowball has better chances in the blazes of hell than democracy has in Iraq.
1995 Polo Green Subaru SVX (189k miles - 08/2007-Present)
shtbxr22
Fourth Gear

Post by shtbxr22 »

I should find out tomorrow if i will get the cash to recover it.
Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment.

Siper2
In Neutral

Post by Siper2 »

Holy crap! I pass that way every day. Saw your car a few times, and just last night was thinking of finding out who it belongs to. :) I live 10 min. south, in Dillsburg.

I used to live in NH too, how funny is that. 15 to 581W to 81N to 84E to Mass Pike to 290 to 495 to 93. :p Sorry you didn't make it home...

I'm not really in the market, but one never knows. Though I have no idea how much this would go for...
shtbxr22
Fourth Gear

Post by shtbxr22 »

Siper2 wrote:Holy crap! I pass that way every day. Saw your car a few times, and just last night was thinking of finding out who it belongs to. :) I live 10 min. south, in Dillsburg.

I used to live in NH too, how funny is that. 15 to 581W to 81N to 84E to Mass Pike to 290 to 495 to 93. :p Sorry you didn't make it home...

I'm not really in the market, but one never knows. Though I have no idea how much this would go for...

that's pretty cool. so I found out today.....no money. i'm fucked. someone needs to buy my car. :(

Siper2
In Neutral

Post by Siper2 »

Sorry to hear that man, really.

Do you know about how much you'd ask for it? I've no idea where to start.

If standings/ratings are important, I'm a super Moderator on RS25.com and a Guru over at NASIOC, I've been around a looooooooong time.

http://www.rs25.com/forums/itrader.php?u=538

Chris
shtbxr22
Fourth Gear

Post by shtbxr22 »

I wanted to start around low $3,000's when it was fully operational. so I suppose take away what you think it'll cost to replace the turbo/spark plugs, and tow it to your house. I suppose that would be where to start. the car will be well worth whatever you pay, if you buy it. upon payment, I will send keys/bill of sale/title to the buyer. if that is too much of a risk for you, you can send half, and the other half when you recieve the keys, etc. Although, I have a pretty good rep. on this forum, i'd be willing to do whatever would make it comfortable. I just need to get rid of it like yesterday. if you want more info, call Eric @ 1(603) 703-1319

Siper2
In Neutral

Post by Siper2 »

Okay. I'll talk it over at home and try to let you know ASAP. You can email me at chris (dot) seipt (at) gmail (dot) com if you like, too, though I'm subscribed here anyway.

This is going to sound stupid but I don't really know what a new turbo of your kind costs... I'm still N/A, haven't swapped my RS yet and I'm still getting up to speed on all of that. :D

In the meantime if someone offers you a good amount right away, don't wait around or anything.
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

I'm no where near the 3k range...
Manarius wrote:The Neo-Cons would call me a defeatist. I'd call me a realist. I'm realistically saying that a snowball has better chances in the blazes of hell than democracy has in Iraq.
shtbxr22
Fourth Gear

Post by shtbxr22 »

i'm not asking for near $3k :wink:

evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Could you just clamp off the oil line to the turbo and replace the plugs to drive it home? I'm running a turbo block N/A and I just put a small length of hose with a cap on the end for the line at the back of the head. It won't starve the engine of oil to do this. You could probably clamp a small vice grip or something to the wastegate actuator to hold it open as well.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

evolutionmovement wrote:Could you just clamp off the oil line to the turbo and replace the plugs to drive it home? I'm running a turbo block N/A and I just put a small length of hose with a cap on the end for the line at the back of the head. It won't starve the engine of oil to do this. You could probably clamp a small vice grip or something to the wastegate actuator to hold it open as well.
If that could work, I could do that stuff on the road and drive the car to my apartment complex and park it until shtbxr22 could come up with the cash to get it fixed or get down here to drive it home.
Siper2
In Neutral

Post by Siper2 »

Sounds good, yeah if it works, or you guys think it'll work, go for it. If not then yeah I may still be interested, it's still sitting on 15, poor thing, saw it just now on the way home!

Oh and I'd be up for a beer with you guys too if he comes down to pick it up! So long as I'm not working.... :D
g20sleeperjdm
First Gear

Post by g20sleeperjdm »

eric will those whiteline springs fit my sedan? i kno you need money but i really don't have any either lol.. if you want i'd give you the STi BBS's on my car for those and the wrx wheels.. sorry about your car man that sucks :(
1992 Legacy SS_5spd
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

I'm sure Frank (Blackbart) could hook you up with a good deal on a used VF-11 to swap yours out with and get it running. Spark plugs won't be above $8 for all 4. Please don't sell it off if you don't have to. You'll just regret it later when it was an easy fix... :(
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces
shtbxr22
Fourth Gear

Post by shtbxr22 »

dropdfocus wrote:I'm sure Frank (Blackbart) could hook you up with a good deal on a used VF-11 to swap yours out with and get it running. Spark plugs won't be above $8 for all 4. Please don't sell it off if you don't have to. You'll just regret it later when it was an easy fix... :(
it's an easy fix if I had the cash. gotta pay for gas to get the car, the turbo, and gotta go back to VA to get my kid in two weeks, pay rent, car payment, etc. it's just not an option. I know I will regret it, but it must be done.

corsair
Third Gear

Post by corsair »

damn man, if this happened last year I could have tossed that baby on a trailer behind my rented silverado and helped you move it anywhere! (Hburg, Billsport, wherever)

either that or I would have totally bought it from you...

good luck with whatever happens to it, it's a good looking ride
Sam
'93 L AWD Wagon
'08 Honda Civic Si Sedan
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

Looks like the car may be off the market if everything is coming together for him like it should be...!!!!
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces
shtbxr22
Fourth Gear

Post by shtbxr22 »

ok, so looks like I get to keep my car. :-D the guys at work raised the money for gas to get my car. I'm also using a truck and trailer from a guy at work, and looks like dropdfocus is hooking me up with the turbo with pending payment. I thank everyone for their kind words, and helpful suggestions. I see there is light at the end of the tunnel. I am so glad we have this BBS. we old school legacy owners are such a different bunch. I love this place. I think we need to celebrate my salvation from a legacy-less life with an east coast meet. what do you think?

dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

Congrats on managing to keep the car!

You bring your sorry ass down here to hang with us PA Subaru folk and we'll call it a East Coast Meet. 8)
Jason
shtbxr22
Fourth Gear

Post by shtbxr22 »

How about saturday! :wink:

dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

I was thinkin' more like when I have my SS on the road & driving it as well. Trixie is getting very close to being road ready!

BTW, PM'd ya back.
Jason
g20sleeperjdm
First Gear

Post by g20sleeperjdm »

east coast meet sounds better! lol.. congrats on keeping your tw dude
1992 Legacy SS_5spd
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

WOOOT!!! So glad to hear you get to keep the SS. Life wouldn't be the same without it.

Big props to the your friends/coworkers. Not to mention the BBS :).

Again, congrats man, glad it worked out for you.
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

Legacy Central FTW!!! 8)
Jason