WTB Legacy SS in the Northeast

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
Spilner
In Neutral

WTB Legacy SS in the Northeast

Post by Spilner »

Well I have been looking for quite some time and I figured I'd throw a post up. I'm looking for a Legacy SS with a manual gear box, I live in western mass but would be willing to travel a bit to pick one up as long as it could make the drive back to Mass.

I had been talking to the guy in RI selling his 94 however he has decided to keep it from what I gather so the search continues.

Looking to spend less than 3k and hoping to spend closer to 2k. Let me know if you guys have anything or know of any.
bepa
Second Gear

have a 94 SS

Post by bepa »

still my brother and I are working on it. still I have another one with a little rust and a dead automatic trany. it has a running motor and I have all the parts to swap it over to a stick.

last time I put a used auto trany in a SVX it did not last long.

if you are interested get back at me. price would be below your 2k mark if you take as is. the car needs a radio installed. I do have one that could with my pittsburgh SS. no I did not take out of this one. that was got after to fix my white 91 SS stick and another 94 with rust in more places.

anyway just informing you of one. I hunt these down, fix them and sell to veterans usually. but if you look around I would like to get out to hawaii to help son with his own car. he has 10 thumbs when it comes to fixing his car.

but as a marine he is an ace and so far has come home in one piece. was worned and is back to self. oct 31 09 his last assignment with be done. have till 1-11-09 to see him before he leaves for hell again.

be well, good hunting, bepa
91 SS/ 01 MB ML 55
Bronx, NY.
Spilner
In Neutral

Post by Spilner »

Bumpin it

Bepa sent you a pm.
rad rex
First Gear

Post by rad rex »

You should buy my old car, it's for sale in Maine by the new owner and very well sorted. I think he wants 3.5K for it. It has a bunch of goodies on it. Buy it!!
-Rad

Christine has a new owner, apparently he hasn't abused her enough yet

Understeer is when you see the tree you hit in front of the car, oversteer is when you feel it in the back - Walther Röhrl
Spilner
In Neutral

Post by Spilner »

Yea I've seen it just seems a bit overpriced imho.
rad rex
First Gear

Post by rad rex »

The only thing I will tell you is that he won't be making any money off of it. You will dump that much into an SS to get it up to that spec, that is if you can find a 5 speed anywhere that isn't rusted to hell or banged up.

good luck, let us know what you find
-Rad

Christine has a new owner, apparently he hasn't abused her enough yet

Understeer is when you see the tree you hit in front of the car, oversteer is when you feel it in the back - Walther Röhrl
_Aramchek_
First Gear

Post by _Aramchek_ »

"that is if you can find a 5 speed anywhere that isn't rusted to hell or banged up. "

I have one,a 91 with a vlsd too,but I'm not selling it.
Spilner
In Neutral

Post by Spilner »

_Aramchek_ wrote:"that is if you can find a 5 speed anywhere that isn't rusted to hell or banged up. "

I have one,a 91 with a vlsd too,but I'm not selling it.
well that doesn't do me any good.
Spilner
In Neutral

Post by Spilner »

rad rex wrote:The only thing I will tell you is that he won't be making any money off of it. You will dump that much into an SS to get it up to that spec, that is if you can find a 5 speed anywhere that isn't rusted to hell or banged up.

good luck, let us know what you find
I hear ya 3.5k just seems high considering it has some rust and the rear 1/4 is banged up and needs to be repaired. I understand how hard it is to find a 5 speed, I'm in no rush at the moment.