Heater core hose locations?

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Suigintou
In Neutral

Heater core hose locations?

Post by Suigintou »

It's juust starting to get a bit nippy here in Florida and I tried turning on my heater and...no heat!

So first thing I thought was maybe its the thermostat, but the engine temp gauge goes up halfway and stays there when the engine gets hot. I'm sure if the thermostat was bad it'd either stay lowish or badly overheat.

So I ran through other checks. Coolant level, ect. Nothing. Then i thought "Well, where's the hoses that run through the firewall to the heater core.

So far I see: AC hose, Wire Loom, Fuel and Fuel Return annnd thats all I see. Am I missing something?
PhyrraM
Fourth Gear

Post by PhyrraM »

On the engine both hoses come from the rear of the driver's side head, near the starter.

They run as black rubber hoses from there to the firewall, one on each side, about a foot apart from each other.

Shouldn't be hard to see. Maybe thay are gone?
'93 Winestone SS Auto, '91 Pearl White SS.
'93 Pure White SS EJ20G slanty intercooled, SIDESWIPED! In stasis.
'94 FWD and '95 AWD Laguna Blue SVXs.
2017 Pure Red BRZ Limited w/Performance pack
Suigintou
In Neutral

Post by Suigintou »

Ok, ok i looked a little harder and found the two nipples where the heater hoses should be hooked up but they aren't. I looked at the driver side head and I saw a hose coming out of that watertube thing that goes underneath the intake manifold just routed back into a nipple on the head.

Also, while I was in there I saw two small hoses coming out of the top of the transmission but they weren't attached to anything. What are those?
BSOD2600
Fourth Gear

Post by BSOD2600 »

Tranny dipstick is on the passenger side for the manual (5MT).
Tranny speedo cable is on the passenger side.
Vehicle speed sensor cable (VSS) is normally routed on the driver side of the tranny.

'11 WRX Limited
'94 SS | 3" TBE, 07 TMIC, TD05H-16G, Revtronix Stage 2, Walbro -- Sold
'94 TW | R.I.P.
PhyrraM
Fourth Gear

Post by PhyrraM »

There ARE two hoses coming out of an automatic tranny that go nowhere. They are breathers and should have a "u" shape to them.

And the pipe that comes from the crossover tube should be hooked to the heater core. The other pipe actually goes to the waterpump if you follow it. But it does look like it goes to the head.
'93 Winestone SS Auto, '91 Pearl White SS.
'93 Pure White SS EJ20G slanty intercooled, SIDESWIPED! In stasis.
'94 FWD and '95 AWD Laguna Blue SVXs.
2017 Pure Red BRZ Limited w/Performance pack
Suigintou
In Neutral

Post by Suigintou »

Alright, thanks guys. Yeah I have a fwd automatic. I got a idea of what I need to do now. Hopefully the heater wasn't removed from the circuit because it has a leak or something.