Reduced Traffic on the BBS

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reduced Traffic on the BBS

Post by Legacy777 »

Anyone else notice that there seems to be less posts/people on the board lately? Or is it just me? Are people having problem accessing the board?
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Florin1
Fourth Gear

Re: Reduced Traffic on the BBS

Post by Florin1 »

i noticed the EXACT same thing!! I wonder what happened?? I used to ask a question, and then it would get an answer within hours, now, its been days and no answer. Hmmmm, i did post an ad in the parts shed on a transmission and i had a guy approach me on NASIOC and said he's been trying to PM me on BBS and cant.
1994 Legacy Sport Sedan.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

This question seems like a catch-22 to me.

But, yeah, things have slowed down. Like Milli Vanilli, I'd blame it on the rain, but New Englanders aren't a majority on the board.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Kelly
Fourth Gear

Post by Kelly »

honestly, I'm still kinda figuring out what I've posted, what I've viewed, and all that with the new format.
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

ive found the site to be quite slow sometimes lately,might be discouraging some posting?
94SS.Wiseco forged pistons,TD04,TMIC,WALBRO 225,440's,3" all the way,revtronix stage 2,enough other crap to fill the internet.

THE TRIBUTE BUILD>>>LINKY LINK>>> http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=295455#295455
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

It's spring time for us northlanders, so we are making up for lost time by spending time outside doing stuff. I know that's true for me. The last two days have been the first two days over 70 degrees this year...
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Yeah that's what I was wondering. Whether the new change in software and sometimes slow posting may be turning away users.

I know a couple weeks ago I couldn't even get to the bbs during the day. It was just getting server time out errors and wouldn't let me in.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
BSOD2600
Fourth Gear

Post by BSOD2600 »

I figure it's two things...

1) forum often slow (still) and people lose interest posting after waiting ~10 seconds.
2) these cars are old and fewer and fewer people are owning them for their daily drivers. Sure, all of the regular posters have "built" engines running lots of aftermarket stuff... know how to troubleshoot all of the common issues these cars have (or at least smartly search the forum). Hell, I know if I could afford it, I'd buy a new WRX now (and thus post here even less) and then feel a lot more safe playing around with performance on my SS. But while it's still my DD, I just can't take big risks...

'11 WRX Limited
'94 SS | 3" TBE, 07 TMIC, TD05H-16G, Revtronix Stage 2, Walbro -- Sold
'94 TW | R.I.P.
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

^ Good points.

If I could have afforded a GD chassis when the time was right, I would have bought one. However, a sudden drop in activity does not keep that point valid. The newer cars have been creeping on us for a while. Drastic changes is user base does correlate.
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m
SubiePrice88
Third Gear

Post by SubiePrice88 »

Ive noticed the board a little slower and my post from like a week ago is still at the top. Little strange, usually this place can be so busy I forget what I was doing.

As far as me, Ive been super busy to even get on or post. That and I havent been doing anything to my car besides drive it. I have a bunch of parts in the garage just waiting to be put on but I dont have time and some parts require more stuff and I dont have the money.

As soon as Im done with Basic and AIT in November, my SS and wagon are getting some attention and Ill be back on here alot. I love this place, almost like a home
-Jordan

"Nothing Stings Like a Subee"

1992 Legacy SS, 5MT, 140k, some mods ;)
1993 Legacy Wagon, 5MT, 220k!
brand
First Gear

Post by brand »

For me it's just been winter, as well as traveling for work. It's hard to work on cars when it's cold and snowy. I know that I will be posting quite a bit more now in spring/summer/fall.
91 SS with a bunch of parts waiting on the shelf
94 SS with things and such
08 STI with stuff and junk
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

Alot of things have been already asked so it's pretty easy to just search for the info your looking for rather then post about something that has been covered.
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
SubiePrice88
Third Gear

Post by SubiePrice88 »

+1

That too. I haven't been doing anything that requires any extra help, everything's already here
-Jordan

"Nothing Stings Like a Subee"

1992 Legacy SS, 5MT, 140k, some mods ;)
1993 Legacy Wagon, 5MT, 220k!
snowboarded
Third Gear

Post by snowboarded »

I know I havent been around because I sold my 94 ej22t a while back...

Now I bought a new impreza, ill be back around more...
[quote="Manarius "]Only flamers will get those. [/quote]
[quote="All_talk "]How many WHP will that give me? :)[/quote]

2010 Subaru Impreza 5mt 5 door
snowboarded
Third Gear

Post by snowboarded »

By the way, i like the new look of the site.
[quote="Manarius "]Only flamers will get those. [/quote]
[quote="All_talk "]How many WHP will that give me? :)[/quote]

2010 Subaru Impreza 5mt 5 door
beanis05
First Gear

Post by beanis05 »

i have noticed this too
i dont know what the deal is ?????
1990 Subaru Legacy L 89k auto to 5 speed winter daily driver
2004 Subaru WRX 80k
1988 Mazda Rx7 vert > Turbo 2 trans swap
1993 Honda Civic Vx Gutted
N1446
Second Gear

Post by N1446 »

it s definately more of a commitment navigating the site since the recent changes
i appreciate this new format being more complex tho it s not as "easy" as the old format
N1446 Brutus
91 Legacy SS 5mt 2.5GT Swap
Legacy GT Suspension, 16" Fozzy Wheels, 2.5RS OBX EL Headers, Gutted Mid-Pipe, Subaru Catback c/w AWD BABY !
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

ericem wrote:Alot of things have been already asked so it's pretty easy to just search for the info your looking for rather then post about something that has been covered.
Post instead! It takes up forum space but when someone new comes through here and clicks "view new posts" and sees one page over the course of a day, they look elsewhere.

Just the way I see it.
Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

Because of the lack of the "posts since you last visited" I don't come any more...Sorry but old habits die hard and old dog tricks and all that...can you put that feature back on???
93SS 5MT White, TD05-16G, TMIC, 3"Turboback, Magnaflow, Alu Rad, H&R Sports, AGX struts, F/R STBs, Whiteline Sways, ALK+Endlinks, Odyssey 925, AC delete, Evo8 Recaros, Sparco 4p, 3.9 LSD, Hellas+air horns, IPD short throw, 99RSrims, s03's
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

Adam West wrote:Because of the lack of the "posts since you last visited" I don't come any more...Sorry but old habits die hard and old dog tricks and all that...can you put that feature back on???
What? There's a "View new posts" button right at the top and a "View your posts" button as well
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Yup lol. There's still a view new posts right at the top of the forum. Shows you all the new posts since the last time you were on the forum. And it saves it to the forum rather than your pc now so it's even better. You can view the forum multiple times a day from multiple computers and it'll still only show you the posts since you last viewed it.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
sqc151
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by sqc151 »

im on here everyday. this site is so informative and the guys are polite and welcoming. also since summers here i think the board will pick back up. same thing happens to the club i belong to in queens ny. its dead during the winter, but when summer rolls around, we have bbqs, cruises and meets... i like the new board and whats been done with it. so easy to navigate and the guys are great.
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

sqc151 wrote:im on here everyday. this site is so informative and the guys are polite and welcoming. also since summers here i think the board will pick back up. same thing happens to the club i belong to in queens ny. its dead during the winter, but when summer rolls around, we have bbqs, cruises and meets... i like the new board and whats been done with it. so easy to navigate and the guys are great.
This is true, it's probably also partly because a lot of us are in school, people on quarters are just starting a new quarter, people on semesters have finals coming up.
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

i definately noticed it. At first I wasn't getting on much because there are a few things about the set-up that I didn't like, but now that I am more used to them I am on alot more often
mike-tracy

Re: 5-axis CNC Machine

Post by mike-tracy »

I admit I've been busy with life, etc. Also ran out of money for my SS project... Just bought pistons, but I need to save up for a tranny and machine work and I'll be back in business.

Been on the SL-I site a lot - that place has fewer super technical users, but good info nonetheless, if more targeted towards cosmetic mods (generalization). Here I feel like such a noob. ;)

Lastly, while I love the new look of the board, I admit the learning curve kept me from hitting up the BBS daily like I used to. But I plan to rectify that.

Edit: this post used to be in the "site seeing less traffic" thread, no idea how it landed here :shock:
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.