Found a gallery of awesome.

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

Danny-G
Fourth Gear

Found a gallery of awesome.

Post by Danny-G »

DISCLAMER. The pictures are in no way mine, I just added the album to my fevorites then decided to share it with my fellow legacy enthusiasts.
http://adrian.kirk-burnnand.com/?p=29
Picture 114 is my favorite, second favorite is 6, and third is 50.
Feel free to post favorite picture numbers.
26 is... well interesting.
Danny
biggreen96 wrote:well get out there and smash that geo around and get comfy.
1993 Legacy LS Awd: lifted, 4eat, higher mileage, and dirty.
1994 Legacy Turbo wagon: rwd, 4eat, and a faint knock..
1992 Legacy postal: bone stock, 4eat, blown reverse.
James614
Fourth Gear

Re: Found a gallery of awesome.

Post by James614 »

Awesome indeed :mrgreen:

26 surprises me, I've thought about one of these modded into a drop top. But that thing looks like a Chrysler LeBaron/VW Cabrio/Legacy Hybrid.

242 is my personal favorite.
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Pretty cool but I personally think aussies have generally bad taste from the cars I've seen from down under. They're all flashy, riced out cars. It's all opinions of course but some of their cars make the ricers up here look good.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Jester808
First Gear

Post by Jester808 »

I like all the non-ghetto ones, :lol:

Thanks for sharing :)
1993 Turbo Legacy Battle Wagon -Daily
1993 Legacy Wagon -STI Swapped *in progress*
1995 Impreza Swapped EJ20G -Sold
1997 Impreza Wagon, SCCA H-Stock Champion -Sold
1979 Brat 4x4 WRB w/ Full Rally Graphics -Sold
2002 Impreza Sport Wagon GT40R -Caught Fire
MikeyMeyagi
Second Gear

Post by MikeyMeyagi »

im glad they never sold those bodykits here.
94 Supra Turbo 6 speed. build in progress
98 Lexus GS300, single turbo 2JZGTE swap. daily driver
93 Impreza wagon, home brewed n/a-t ken block themed winter drift missle

*sold*
94 Alpine Sport Wagon... STi conversion, rotated turbo etc
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

That convertible could have been executed so much better. What is the closed-minded, rigid adherence to conventional doors? I realized today, that even I was holding onto that a little. No more! Now I may have a way to prototype both my sliding canopy and longbow chassis without having to drive a heavily rebodied Impreza with a tandem 2-seat cockpit on one side. I do give up a convenient low-mounting area for my bikes and kayak, but I'll live with it.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

evolutionmovement wrote:What is the closed-minded, rigid adherence to conventional doors?
The same close-minded, rigid adhearance to conventional sedans with locomotive-inspired design elements :mrgreen:
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Exactly, though I'll admit that my own highly aerodynamic designs are poor for moving objects. Sliding canopies preclude the installation of roof racks and teardrop/boattail forms severely restrict load space. So, most of the time, I'll have my own car, and the wagon for the times I take the other toys with me or pick up largish objects.

Mainly, I was thinking about how floppy that convertible must have been, even with the aesthetically horrible bar. Bars welded across the doors would go a long way to making that better, as well as some kind of cover to integrate the design. Just replacing/modifying the trunk into something else would make a big difference. But, then, I think I'm overthinking again and that this is just one of those exercises like the people here who used to cut the roofs off $400 Cutlasses for a summer of cheap open air driving.

Love the line up of older rally cars picture—Legacy, Impreza, 240Z, and 128.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
jefferson
Third Gear

Post by jefferson »

My favorites are 172 and 229. I still want to replicate those wheel covers and see how it affects my mileage.

Jeff
91 Black SS 5spd. Edm lights, wrx gauges in dash, 45 degree airbox, cryoed drilled and slotted brakes. Invidia divorced downpipe with custom stainless exhaust. To be installed, aluminum a-arms, manual belts, awic.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Probably would be negligible without the other mods—grille block, side skirts that help disrupt turbulent flow before and behind the tires, deleted mirrors. The latter really pisses me off because cameras could easily replace the bulky, ugly, damage-prone things, but the law doesn't allow it. Porsche, if not other manufacturers, are lobbying to change that, so I'm hoping for their success. It's not like anybody uses them anyway! You're lucky if the average driver looks through the windshield.
jefferson
Third Gear

Post by jefferson »

I have the grill blocked off just like those cars, except for the Subaru emblem in the middle. I plan on a front undertray to see what thats good for. I really don't think you need to have all of those mods done before you would see any benefit. Each and every one should help.

Jeff
91 Black SS 5spd. Edm lights, wrx gauges in dash, 45 degree airbox, cryoed drilled and slotted brakes. Invidia divorced downpipe with custom stainless exhaust. To be installed, aluminum a-arms, manual belts, awic.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

The wheel covers on their own are minimal. Really, I hope things like the Red Bull X1 get people used to seeing covered wheel wells and associating it with performance as that would make more improvements. People don't get flats like the old days, and rear wheel spats weren't uncommon in the 50's. With the covers, you still get all the turbulent flow and most of the drag from the wheel arches and spinning wheels. The record cars travelled at high speeds, so the effect of every bit of drag reduction is magnified. It's not that they wouldn't help, just that I think the improvement would be negligible. I could be wrong, as only a wind tunnel would tell for sure—some cars show improvements, others don't. An engine compartment undertray should be more noticeable. Ducted venting of the radiator air out the hood in combination would probably give you a couple mpgs, but it's all relative to how fast you're travelling. Engine compartment drag is usually between 10-15% or the total, so blocking air out of there should be noticeable, managing it would be even better. Those are pretty much my plans for Duchess, but I'd like to find an extra hood I can mess with to be safe.
L-Tuned BD
First Gear

Post by L-Tuned BD »

Its been a while since I've looked at this album. I love these photos, thanks for sharing I had lost the link a while back.
'95 Legacy BK - L - Original Owner - Heritage Rebuild
'93 Legacy BC - SS Sold
'91 Legacy BC - LSi sold
'95 Legacy BD - L Sold
'09 Legacy 3.0R - Sold
REAL
In Neutral

Post by REAL »

kimokalihi wrote:Pretty cool but I personally think aussies have generally bad taste from the cars I've seen from down under. They're all flashy, riced out cars. It's all opinions of course but some of their cars make the ricers up here look good.
i think you will find that most of the riced cars are from NZ and the ones form aus are from about 10 year ago lol
if u check www.rslibertyclub.org and the rides thread i am sure u will find some nice ones
:D
My Ride!
http://www.rslibertyclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=82676
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

I've seen a lot of rice from down under, but it's probably not any worse than the crap kids used to do here, they just choose different cars.
evolutionmovement wrote:The wheel covers on their own are minimal. Really, I hope things like the Red Bull X1 get people used to seeing covered wheel wells and associating it with performance as that would make more improvements. People don't get flats like the old days, and rear wheel spats weren't uncommon in the 50's. With the covers, you still get all the turbulent flow and most of the drag from the wheel arches and spinning wheels. The record cars travelled at high speeds, so the effect of every bit of drag reduction is magnified. It's not that they wouldn't help, just that I think the improvement would be negligible. I could be wrong, as only a wind tunnel would tell for sure—some cars show improvements, others don't. An engine compartment undertray should be more noticeable. Ducted venting of the radiator air out the hood in combination would probably give you a couple mpgs, but it's all relative to how fast you're travelling. Engine compartment drag is usually between 10-15% or the total, so blocking air out of there should be noticeable, managing it would be even better. Those are pretty much my plans for Duchess, but I'd like to find an extra hood I can mess with to be safe.
People don't get flats like the old days? :? Tell that to my last set of tires that had a total of 6 nails in them over the course of a year.
HappyFrog
First Gear

Post by HappyFrog »

That is just awesome, lots of the ideas I've had in my head haven been done on a bunch of the cars and now I can see what will work or not. Thanks for sharing :smt023
Subaru Legacy Turbo 1992 - it's alive (but not done). VEMS ecu, 6mt, Wiseco/Eagle internals, Hybrid GT FMIC, 550cc, TD05 Big 16g @ 22psi, dynoed 294/293.
Now being parted out
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Flats used to be near weekly occurrences back in the 50's when rear skirts were popular optional equipment. But since personal experience sets precedence for us all: I haven't had a complete flat in years—just slow leaks because incompetent tire places don't change the valve stems. Only carried fix a flat the whole time I had the wagon. I think we just cancelled each other out.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Yeah I've had like 6 flats in the last couple years. It's annoying. One of them cost me a new tire and now they don't make those tires anymore so I have the tire Pirelli replaced it with on one wheel.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
In Neutral

Post by #89 »

Danny G,

You('ve) done a good deed here by sharing this link.

Kanpai,
93tw5spd
In Neutral

Post by 93tw5spd »

way cool pics, thanks for posting!!!