What do the hoses by the iac go to(very urgent, my only car)

Snorkus, filters, throttle bodies and intake manifolds.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Shaggy
First Gear

What do the hoses by the iac go to(very urgent, my only car)

Post by Shaggy »

There is a three way that is next to the iac that goes from the engine, than splits into two routes, one goes to the intake manifold to what looks like a sensor and the other goes to the main intake tube. How important are they. I broke the three way taking the hose off of the intake manifold to get it out of my way so i could take my iac off to clean it. Also there is all kinds of build up in the three way, cruddy oil stuff. I have pictures but im posting from my ipod so ill get them up in a little bit when i get a chance.
90 2.2 N/A legacy awd wagon with outback struts.
SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Re: What do the hoses by the iac go to

Post by SLODRIVE »

It's part of your crankcase breather/PCV system. Pretty important to keep together, so of course replace the broken tee. I wouldn't worry about the crud buildup unless it's becoming a restriction. That said, you should make sure your PCV valve is clean enough (it's the part screwed into the intake manifold) that the check ball inside it isn't stuck.
http://www.slodriveracing.com
-92 SS 5MT- EJ20H swap, Haltech standalone ECU, TD04, FXT TMIC, 3" exhaust, STi/AGX struts, JDM 5-speed, 4.111 LSD rear, Blitz EBC, etc.
-'93 L Wagon - Pink Roll Cage - "Dirty Leg"
-And more!
Shaggy
First Gear

Re: What do the hoses by the iac go to(very urgent, my only

Post by Shaggy »

The pcv valve isnt stuck so thats good. Im gonna go get the T connecter right now. Thank u verry much, i appreciate it.
90 2.2 N/A legacy awd wagon with outback struts.