It's been a while.. and I've been busy

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

inzomniac
First Gear

It's been a while.. and I've been busy

Post by inzomniac »

Yeah.. I haven't been on this board for a while.. mostly because a few people were being stupid and I got sick of it so I left..

Anyway.. like I said, I've been busy, I went and put an EJ20 out of a JDM Legacy in my car (I paid $1,300 canadian for it w/computer.. can't go wrong), it's definatly first gen, but the computer says 96.. it came with a water/air intercooler and as far as I know that's the ones that would come with the old beaters if you bought one overseas right?? Anyawy, it's running off my stock engine management right now.. and I've upped teh boost to 15psi, I'm working on getting the ignition set up as the stock coil pack is a little outta place on the ej20 :roll: I ended up using a 2002 USDM intercooler and an HKS ssqv BOV to complete the intake side of things.. I'll post pics eventually.

Oh and just so people think I'm truly crazy.. My friend and I also sucessfully turbo'd his justy using a turbo of the old 1.8l motor and an intercooler off of a swift.. we made everything else :D The thing is faster than my bloody Legacy even with the quad cam in it!!!!

Also watch this space for info on our latest project.. the 85 RX I picked up last week for $350 is going to be turned into a rally car :D

If anyone has any questions about the motor swap feel free to ask.. and if anyone knows which codes on my motor I can run to figure out what the hell it came from, production dates ect. that would be helpful too!
Gary
1995 Legacy LS wagon
1991 Legacy Turbo - 5spd, JDM EJ20 conversion
1985 RX sedan - dual range 4WD, 5spd (P4 rally car)
random aircraft....
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Yeah, I saw you post in the engine forum, wanted to welcome you back! 8)

Very cool conversion you did! It's an EJ20G, isn't it? The only other motor I think Subaru built that is as durable as an EJ22G.

Since I'm also an 80's Scoob fan, I REALLY want to see the super-rare RX sedan you came across! Post pics or hell, PM them to me! :)
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

coolness
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Yeah lets see the RX. Those were nice looking cars. Some old woman had one of those when I used to work at a supermarket in high school but she couldn't be convinced to sell it. Said she loved the turbo power too much! :lol:

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
inzomniac
First Gear

Post by inzomniac »

Ya.. I couldn't belive the RX.. I was looking through auto trader and there was an ad for an XL.. so I'm like WTF is an XL.. maybe an XT.. so I called the guy. Get a call back.. california car.. minimal rust.. been sitting for a year.. new clutch, rad, water pump, timing belts, bunch of other crap. The little tropper fired up with a jumper pack, we fired some wheels on there with good tires.. and drove it 150km with dealer plates on it!! Almost rear ended a few people as I was cleaning the rust off the brakes.. but it's all good. Cage should be going in over the next month or two.. I still can't belive I only payed $350 canadain for a car that's in better shape than my Legacy!!!
Gary
1995 Legacy LS wagon
1991 Legacy Turbo - 5spd, JDM EJ20 conversion
1985 RX sedan - dual range 4WD, 5spd (P4 rally car)
random aircraft....
georryan
Fourth Gear

Post by georryan »

Nice! I saw an RX on the way home the other day. It looked to be in real good condition. Some old lady was driving it, though. She probably doesn't even kow what a gem she has.

-Ryan
91 Pearl White Sport Sedan
04 Java Black Pearl Forester XT
2014 Volvo S60 T5
18 KTM 1290 Adventure S

87 Grey GL-10 Sedan (so long old buddy) - donated
97 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - sold
2002 BMW r1150rt-p - sold
2004 BMW r1200ST - sold
2016 BMW r1200RS - sold