looking for a pressure sensor for my engine swap

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

suberboy
In Neutral

looking for a pressure sensor for my engine swap

Post by suberboy »

hello,
i'm looking for a pressure sensor for my engine swap. i'm using a 2.2 turbo ecu and i didn't get the pressure sensor with the harness so i'm hoping some one here has an extra or might no where i can find one?
i was also wondering if i could maybe use the WRX pressure sensor?

-K-
Third Gear

Post by -K- »

Did you try Subaru? At least you can get the part #. Parts aren't too hard to get for these cars, so unless you have one off a WRX. Parts Dept could look up the WRX # also. You will also need another part, the valve that switches from atmosphere to manifold. The pressure sensor gives the ECU both readings and you need the switch for that.
02 WRX Sedan, 5mt
93 Sport Sedan, 5mt
suberboy
In Neutral

Post by suberboy »

K, Thanks for the info. I did try Subaru and the part lists for around $300!!! so I would really like to find a used one. I did get the part # and official name from Subaru while I was there. It is a Sensor Aysembly Vacume (Sen Ay Vac) and is part # 22012 AA020. I have the diagram too but don't know how to post pictures here.
The part person told me the '95-'99 Legacy has a Sen Ay Vac too but didn't know if it would work. Will it? I'm guessing it won't work with boost but maybe it is the switch that is the important part. Do you happen to know what the switch it self is called or where it is located?

thanks again :)
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Email me the diagram. You need to have a place to host the picture in order to post images.

There should be some place in and around SLC that is a subaru wrecking yard.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
mile hi
First Gear

Post by mile hi »

These are a little pricy from the factory I have an extra of both how about $150.00 for both. I am sure that is what I paid a yard here for them.
AL(CO)
al@iwtu.net
suberboy
In Neutral

Post by suberboy »

Hey guys thanks for the help!
Josh, I'll email you the diagram.
AL, thanks for the offer. I may take you up on it if you can wait a little bit. I'm hoping to find one locally but if I can't with in a week or so I'll drop you a line. Oh and what do you mean by the "two" I need? I was told I just need the pressure sensor (vacuum sensor assembly).

thx,
noah
mile hi
First Gear

Post by mile hi »

Sounds good -K- said that you would be needing the pressure sources switching solenoid in one of the above messages so I thought that you would need it. It switches the pressure source from boost to atm. and so that the ECU "sees" the proper signal.
AL(CO)
al@iwtu.net
suberboy
In Neutral

Post by suberboy »

mile hi,
you're right -k- did say i will need that piece. doh! :) I've either inclueded a link or the photo below (not quite sure how this works yet) of the piece/pieces i need just to make sure we are all talking about the same thing. mile hi or -k- do you see the switch on this diagram?

thanks for hosting the picture josh!

mile hi
First Gear

Post by mile hi »

Number 2 is the switching solenoid the ECU switches it on and off to sample boost and atm pressures alternately last I heard the dealer on this was $150 but that could have changed.
AL(CO)
al@iwtu.net
suberboy
In Neutral

Post by suberboy »

mile hi,
i'm pretty sure i'm going to buy these off of you but i have to wait until the 1st of april when i next get paid. will that be alright?

-noah
suberboy
In Neutral

Post by suberboy »

just wanted to say thanks to somebody (Josh?) for turning the link into a picture. how did you do that?

-noah
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

yeah that was me.

you can use the little buttons above the text portion. Click the Img one, enter the pic url, and then click it again.

Or you can type [img]www.url.com[/img]
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
mile hi
First Gear

Post by mile hi »

Just let me know when you would like to buy them.
AL(CO)
al@iwtu.net