What can you fit in the trunk?

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

What can you fit in the trunk?

Post by THAWA »

No wagon so dont suggest it. I might need to tote around a 5mt for a bit. Anyone think it's possible? I know you can plop an engine in the back, matt and a few others can attest to that. But I can't recall anyone saying they put a tranny in their trunk. I'd like to be able to keep the seats folded up, so would it fit longways? Front of it on like th left side back on the right side or whatever. I could've sworn I asked this somewhere already but guess not. :)
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

pretty sure you can.....jason put the one I'm buying from him in his trunk.....at least that's to my knowledge
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

About 3 bodies max...I mean..wait...oh... a tranny. Uh..I gotta go.
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

i can fit four rally tires. and im pretty sure a tranny will fit.
inzomniac
First Gear

Post by inzomniac »

I had my friend's jeep trannie in there including T case after he crashed it and needed help with repairs.. Car didn't seem to struggle under the weight even if it was far back. I don't see why you can't put a 5mt outta one of our cars in there..

Personally I'd save the wear on your car and find a buddy with a truck or something tho.. that's how I picked up my ej20 complete motor.. just went out in my friend's dad's brand new 4runner V8 and dropped it in the trunk ;) Also unless you're using a cherry picker or something to lower it in/out of the trunk.. you're gonna break your back trying to get it out man!!
Gary
1995 Legacy LS wagon
1991 Legacy Turbo - 5spd, JDM EJ20 conversion
1985 RX sedan - dual range 4WD, 5spd (P4 rally car)
random aircraft....
TheSubaruJunkie
Fourth Gear

Post by TheSubaruJunkie »

If you had the propper configuration, im sure you could fit 5 bodies in our trunks. You should be able to carry a tranny. My tranny is completly bare, no carpet or anything. I also have a tarp we could lay back there to be on the safe side. If you find a tranny let me know and i can help get it to your place. We'd need a forklift or something to get it in and out, or like... 4 or 5 guys.

-Brian
1983 Subaru GL-10 Brat
1986 Toyota 4Runner
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

eh, my trunk stays pretty full as it is. I'm not worried about the wieght on the car, but I do hear ya on the back part. :) But sounds liek a go :)

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
TheSubaruJunkie
Fourth Gear

Post by TheSubaruJunkie »

Its not the wieght, but the risk of shoving the output shaft into the trunk or something. With a forklift or hoist, we could direct the tranny instead of trying to hold/carry the tranny.

The inside of my trunk is already thrashed. I dont think a transmission could do much harm.

-Brian
1983 Subaru GL-10 Brat
1986 Toyota 4Runner
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Drain and chop bodies right and you can fit quite a lot back there.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Okay, you people are creeping me out :shock:
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

No need to be creeped out - just think of it as a three-dimensional jigsaw puzzle with articulated pieces...

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
magicmike
Fifth Gear

Post by magicmike »

Drain and chop? nah, just layer the trunk with plastic and aim the wood chipper exit chute towards the trunk......I'm guessing 25 to 30 bodies

:) Mike
-Mike

2011 Infiniti G37x Sedan - Current
2007 Ducati 800ss - Current
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (White)
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (Silver)
2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

You need to destroy the chipper shredder after, though as they can be traced. Each one leaves unique cuts on the bones. And make sure the body's good and dead before you use it so it comes out in a nice slop like pudding rather than spraying all over like with a live one. Tough to clean up all the mess after anyway - blood splatter can be picked up with a blacklight.

Steve
rsstiboy
Second Gear

Post by rsstiboy »

if you soak them in vats of acid for a few days before sticking them in the chipper i reckon you could fit up to 60 bodies back there.
MY02 B4 Liberty, 2 1/2" off the primary with splitter, 3" off the secondary, 3" the rest of the way, completely stainless, k&n filter, ECUtek 3, 500HP walbro, 173kw@all4
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

then what to do with the human dna ridden acid...
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
[quote="NICO I WRX U"]the streets are my track[/quote]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Some morons actually store the drums in their basement for decades...

I live on the water. Best thing is to put 'em in a body bag (so the rotten body doesn't decay past the ropes and weights and come back up a la Scott Peterson - the dumb asshole I hope he fries, but anyway...) Weigh it down good and dump it past the shelf or, a little ore risky long term, but better transportation wise is to dump it in a lobster area as they can skeletonize a body in now time. Properly tied, and weighted you can skip the bag. I always recommend destroying the jaws for dental record purposes.

Steve
Yukonart
Cradle Robber
Cradle Robber

Post by Yukonart »

Sounds like a thread started by an Italian. ;)

Well, I just stuffed a certain car part in the back of mine. More to come in a week or so. :P
"Power is NOTHING without control"
1994 & 2005 Legacy GT Wagons
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

and that part was?

Yukonart
Cradle Robber
Cradle Robber

Post by Yukonart »

Shhhhhhhhhhh! :lol:
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

was it a tranny? If not I dont really care :D

Yukonart
Cradle Robber
Cradle Robber

Post by Yukonart »

:lol:

No. :)
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

To get back on topic. A tranny fits quite easily in there. A driveshaft aswell :o. I think you could actually fit 3-4 5mt's in there to be honest.

and just fyi the transmission is quite light. Two people can lift it, maybe one if you man up. :D

BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Feed the body to the sharks. Use a wood chipper and feed the body to the sharks as chum. I bet they'd eat that stuff right up!
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

That's logistically difficult, risky, and sharks aren't as easy as you'd think to find up here. Lobsters are closer to shore and more plentiful with known locations.

To note, the main character feeds a pedophile to a shark (during a flashback) in my first novel. The terrible way the guy went affect his nightmares through the second novel. This was done in So Cal near seal grounds, though.

Steve
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

What about pigs?

Never trust a man who has a pig farm.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]