What a day...

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

What a day...

Post by Legacy777 »

Well I got the NEO synthetic in last night. I some how overfilled the damn tranny.....so I had to drain some out this morning.....I HATE gear oil....and that neo shift is slicker then snot!

So I finally get the level right, and go out for a drive. Honestly, it really doesn't feel much different. Maybe slight better, but nothing super different. I need to drive it more though.

I also played with the shifter as I mentioned in the drivetrain forum. The stock wrx shifter is smoother......

Well I also have a damn squeak when I press on the clutch. I'm pretty sure it's the clutch pedal asembly. I tried to lube it....but that was a no go.....so I'm going to probably have to pull all the bolts.....and maybe try to grease the parts where it bolts to the car, or put some foam there. If that doesn't work, which will be a big pain in the ass to do.....I don't know what will. Then it's the pedal assembly itself. I'm pretty sure it's doing it because the one part on the pedal assembly is not bolted to anything, so the whole unit is tweaking itself.

PLUS.....I was on the phone most of the day with my mom, trying to walk her through compression testing the engine, replacing the plugs, cap & rotor on her 90 yota truck.

It overheated on friday, and ran like crap.....well after all that today....it looks like the one radiator pipe is rusted through, which probably caused the overheat.....and she's probably got a warped head gasket or a cracked head..........

I should really be drinking tonight......
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
mTk
no title

Post by mTk »

mountain dew and vodka

MK
1992 BC672 AWD 5MT
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

cap't & coke is my drink of choice usually.

I've even got a bottle of the private reserve stuff sitting on top of the fridge.....
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

I need to do a lot of maintainence on my car soon :(

I'm still driving on boiled brake fluid. It sucks :(
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I think I got the squeak taken care of today. Pulled all the bolts holding the clutch/brake assembly on, and pulled it back far enough so that I could put some canopy foam on the parts where the pedal assembly bolts to. Hopefully this will be a permanent fix. I think the cause of the squeak is from the pedal assembly flexing due to the fact I don't have the one mounting point bolted up.

Now only if I can get this shifting bs taken care of.....I might actually enjoy my car :roll:
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

I think you're going to have to enjoy your car with the notchy gearbox. I learned to ;)
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I went for a drive tonight on one of the few roads in houston that's not flat and straight. it was a nice drive. I do enjoy driving it, when it behaves.

I think the notchiness is shifter related, because like I said.....I liked the stock wrx shifter. It was for the most part much smoother then the sti one.

I'll get it squared away.....you know me....I can't leave well enough alone until it's perfect ;)
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

the wrx shifter smother than the sti????

when i drove a wrx for the first time i kept missing gears because the thing was soooooo nothchy. id pull down into second think i had it in and still had 2 nothces to go (4 total) with the sti i had no such problem. it was smoothe as a ,dare i say, honda
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I don't know......but in my car with the turbo legacy transmission, the WRX shifter is smoother.

I'm going to be giving the kartboy ss a try and see how I like that with the wrx linkage.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT