Voltage Stabilizer?

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Voltage Stabilizer?

Post by boostjunkie »

What do you guys think about this? Ricer-hype? The reason why I ask is given my experience with Subarus, the alternators in these cars tend to be less than optimal. I'm wondering whether there is a voltage differential WRT engine rpm. *shrug*

But then again, doesn't the battery tend to act like a voltage regulator?

"The T1R Voltage Stabilizer regulates the voltage of the car's electrical system, providing constant voltage at all times. Normally the electrical system's voltage will fluctuate under acceleration resulting in power loss and rough power delivery. The Voltage Stabilizer eliminates this voltage fluctuation, providing a constant voltage, thereby smoothening power delivery and optimizing power. Low rpm performance is improved noticeably, with improved response, acceleration, and smoothness. Fuel economy is also improved, especially for city driving conditions. Dyno proven 3-5 hp gains."

The Grounding wires are to ground away electric statics in the engine bay, whereas the Voltage stabilizer is there to stabilize the voltage and have everything read clearer and faster. They do different things, but for the same purpose, thats why they work extra well together

Advantage of the VS
-Increase of Torque / Response / Power
-Improvement of gas mileage
-Stabilization of electric sensors and ECU
-Improvement of audio sound quality
-Better brightness of headlamp
-Improvement of battery life

Four color to choose from, silver, red, blue or gold.

Regular price is $150 each. Thanks to my friend, he will hook us up with a group buy deal. If we get at least 10 people to buy this the price will be $120 each. ALL PRICE IS CANADIAN FUND!!!!!

Shipping is extra at buyer's cost, will ship within 24hours once full payment is received, add 4% if you choose to paypal (My bank charge 1% for internet banking)

This group buy willl go on for 2 weeks. Sign up below..
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Alternator current output will vary with rpm, however output voltage is regulated by the internal voltage regulator, and should not vary.....if it does, it shouldn't be by much.

And yes the battery acts as sink to help absorb spikes & dips that may occur.

I'd say this thing is more hype.....however I'd be curious what exactly it is....what are the guts made up of.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
illnastyimpreza
First Gear

Post by illnastyimpreza »

capacitor I would imagine...
It's all about the power to wait ratio

98 Impreza RS
91 Legacy L wagon
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

I was thinking the same thing as Josh --what's in it? What's it got that we can't have for $15? There's a thread around here somewhere, I'd imagine in the Electrical section, about a $15 DIY Ground Mod kit. Different length battery cables and other fasteners, and BAM! Gotcherself a home-cooked ground kit. :wink:
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Yeah, I agree that it's probably just a cap. It looks like it just goes in parallel with the battery anyway.

Consider how much money they're investing in advertising and shinyness, and consider the kind of profit they're probably looking to get. How much is left to put into R&D and components?

A healthy starting & charging system and good power and ground wires should be all you need. If you have transient loads exceeding the system's capability, then you might want to wire in a capacitor. But you might as well spend all your money on just the cap.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

So.. I'm gonna need a cap for all my LEDs, lights, and stickers? Does it come with razor blades so punks don't steal my JDM neon underbody kit?
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
illnastyimpreza
First Gear

Post by illnastyimpreza »

Sapposedly these things do work a little bit. I have talked to people who have both the voltage stabalized & the ground kit on thier suby. and they say that with both installed the car does feel alot "sharper".

And you can buy these on ebay for a helluva lot less.
It's all about the power to wait ratio

98 Impreza RS
91 Legacy L wagon