My book—Midnight in a Perfect World

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

corsair
Third Gear

Post by corsair »

Steve, glad to hear it.

Consider college students for parts in your video. You know, people who want their name on something even without pay.

oh but as for the Website, check out my friend Kyle Jacobson over at http://www.twelve8.net/

he's got some great creative vision, tell him you know me
Sam
'93 L AWD Wagon
'08 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

Awesome Steve, I'm glad to hear it's coming along for you. I'm good for a copy when it's released. It couldn't come sooner either, I'm looking for a good read.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Yeah, get your signing hand ready, coz we want autographed copies :D
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
free5ty1e
Fifth Gear

Post by free5ty1e »

.... fo realzy.
-Chris
91SS 4EAT stock
91SS 5MT awaiting engine rebuild and VF36...
92SS 4EAT - RIP :(
94SS 5MT4.11+rLSD 289k km: RobTune550,TD05-16g @ 18psi,FMIC,3"TBE,Forester lift
corsair
Third Gear

Post by corsair »

Steve, just wanted to check and see what you're doing about the website situation? I told Kyle and he's excited to do a website for a book.
Sam
'93 L AWD Wagon
'08 Honda Civic Si Sedan
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I just sent him an email.

I also want to do t-shirts with little quotes.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

Can we get signed T-shirts then too :)?
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Of course, but I haven't looked into it too hard. I may not have enough money to do everything I want as far as marketing.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Yet another LONG editing round to finish, but the cover art is done and the wagon is going to be on the back. Book publishing is not for the impatient. The illustrator is James Vining and I think it came out perfect. Way better than my original idea and Brute couldn't have done a better job.

dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

Looks good. I'll have to check out a copy when it comes out.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

Glad to hear progress is still being made. I've been wondering for a fair bit about how the book's been going. I still want my autographed copy :).

A side note to Steve - shot me a PM about the fuse/cockpit of your new car if you still have questions about NACA airfoils and such. I can provide you some airfoil blending software and references.
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Yeah, I was wondering too. Good to hear it's still alive.

+1 for wanting an autographed copy.

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

I was just thinking about your book Steve, I can't wait!

That girl in the middle doesn't look anything like me though...
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

The girl looks like this girl, Lisa, I dated but that's just a total weird coincidence. I told him she had to be hot, vaguely Mediterranean, and look like she could put a bullet in someone's face. I think Femme (in the foreground) came out great, too. He's supposed to be tall and skinny, but definitely a guy who can hold his own.

I can't wait to see how the wagon turns out for the back cover. I sent him an early photo with the big yellow Hellas on the bumper. I'll probably end up having to get that car going again when I see it.

Glad to know there's still some interest. I'm starting to wonder if people think I made the whole thing up with how long this takes. At least the second one's pretty much ready to go so that should come out right on time (about 2 years after the first) if they start it right after this one comes out.
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

evolutionmovement wrote:I'll probably end up having to get that car going again when I see it.
There's a little voice in your head telling you to keep it still ;).

*Formerly DerFahrer*

evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Up on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Target. Amazon says, "out of stock", but if you order it, the order goes to the printer and it ships from them within 48 hrs. There's also another vendor stocking them as well. I'm waiting for my 120 copies to come in to send out autographed editions, but if you don't care about such things, order away!

The wagon ended up as a silhouette on the dedication page.
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

I want my autographed copy!!!

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Supposed to be here Tuesday. Anyone who wants an autographed one, pm or email me your address (osca2500gt@hotmail.com) and we can do Paypal. They're $16.95.

And if you act within the next week, I'll give you not one, not two, but THREE business card/book marks. I got 1000 of them with the word "painful" misspelled with 2 '"l's" on the back.

I'm also fighting the web guy to do the redesign to the site like he was supposed to do a couple weeks ago so I can start my viral campaign, an apt description for infecting the world with my philosophy.
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

I've sold one already that I know for sure. A good friend of mine ordered it through Amazon the other day.

We have very similar tastes in books, so my recommendation was enough.

*Formerly DerFahrer*

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Cool....I'll shoot you an email
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

They are in.
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

I'll paypal you in the morning. I want edition 1!!!!! I'm stoked about the book!

evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Did you get my email?
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

No, I don't see it. I just checked the junk file, too.

Check out the review I got on Amazon. I think it's actually perfect.