Information about specific car builds.

Moderator: Moderators

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 1986 Subaru GL-10 Leone TURBO

Post by Legacy777 »

Nico,

Looking good as always! This is definitely one car I'd love to see in person when it's done. Maybe I'll have to make a trip to Ontario :)

BTW, what TB are you using since you're obviously staying with the cable setup vs. DBW?
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

Legacy777 wrote:Nico,

Looking good as always! This is definitely one car I'd love to see in person when it's done. Maybe I'll have to make a trip to Ontario :)

BTW, what TB are you using since you're obviously staying with the cable setup vs. DBW?
i was going to put the dbw pedal system in it franz said i could make 20whp just by using that set up. but the price for the hole thing was for the future lol.

but i am set up for it once i get it.
1993 Subaru Legacy 44B STi 4Cam 16Valve Turbo Intercooled AWD
EJ22T, STi EJ207 DOHC, Vi-PEC (Spare Autronic) @ 426.20HP / 394.94ft lb @ 00psi
Tuned By: Franz Diebold ( DIEBOLD AUTOSPORT ) @ NVauto
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Yeah, I'd love to see this in person as well. Not only is it a cool project, but the workmanship looks excellent. And to think, I was originally upset to see such a mint original go under the modding knife. I take that all back!
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I think we all were but nico is proving us wrong.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

NICO wrote:i was going to put the dbw pedal system in it franz said i could make 20whp just by using that set up. but the price for the hole thing was for the future lol.

So he said you can make 20 more whp by using the dbw throttle setup??

What throttle body setup are you currently using?
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

evolutionmovement wrote:Yeah, I'd love to see this in person as well. Not only is it a cool project, but the workmanship looks excellent. And to think, I was originally upset to see such a mint original go under the modding knife. I take that all back!
thank you, but really i could swap it all back to normal i really didnt cut anything or mod anything it all bolts up with a mix and match of suabru's

but im glad you like what i did to it, and if i ever come your way one day or my way we can get togther for sure !

kimokalihi wrote:I think we all were but nico is proving us wrong.
glad you like my creation vision also.

Legacy777 wrote:
NICO wrote:i was going to put the dbw pedal system in it franz said i could make 20whp just by using that set up. but the price for the hole thing was for the future lol.

So he said you can make 20 more whp by using the dbw throttle setup??

What throttle body setup are you currently using?

at least 20, i think its a bit more but around there i forget. but the dbw throttle will make a day and night he said and adds way better launch control & anti lag set up. the way he said it i should have got it now !... but then next year i wont have nothing to do so ill save it for next year

im using basic oem cable system with oem TB, i was going to put the one i used on the legacy and port it. i think that one made 10hp more if i remember right on a ej20k intake manifold :shock: .

it does allot thats for sure its so simple but to think of it now with the intake off ya i should have add it now im stupid but i just want to drive it at this point lol.

here we have the shifter mount, its a mix of 1986 sway bar bushing rubber and good old fashioned father steal bending and welding. ! lol its so simple but yet feels so right when shifting.

then we had to fix the rear sway bar mount points, thanks to the great Canadian salt we use for our roads, it destroyed the tabs to hold my mounts.

way it should look with a tab, but not a hole in the middle !

so once again my father came up with these, we made these tabs which is nice and thick to last 50years. once you weld them over paint and done.

oem 86 XT6 20MM sway bar

1986 GL-10 Turbo Filter looks way better made then the new style.

so we are pretty much done under the hood, add battery, couple water lines for cooler and done.

that thing beside the brake master need to be in the car for my heater control's to work vac system. so i used a new style fuel filter holder and bolted it up and it works perfect nice and clean.

and while i was board i cut out the spare cap i have for the Extra S gear oil i had, and stuck it on the top of the cap for the water cooler.

as of now we are pretty much ready to start it up but !! tomorrow my drive shaft shop shaft will be in. then im just waiting on my water coolers for my intercoolers.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I want that awic setup badly. How much you into that?
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

kimokalihi wrote:I want that awic setup badly. How much you into that?

At this point I don't even know because that little rad did not fit, so I have dual set up coolers coming in which should be here soon. I'll try and total it up and I'll let you know.

This is my first set up like this let's hope it runs smooth with out any hiccups.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

NICO wrote:at least 20, i think its a bit more but around there i forget. but the dbw throttle will make a day and night he said and adds way better launch control & anti lag set up. the way he said it i should have got it now !... but then next year i wont have nothing to do so ill save it for next year

im using basic oem cable system with oem TB, i was going to put the one i used on the legacy and port it. i think that one made 10hp more if i remember right on a ej20k intake manifold :shock: .

it does allot thats for sure its so simple but to think of it now with the intake off ya i should have add it now im stupid but i just want to drive it at this point lol.

That's interesting to hear you can make more power....must just be larger diameter....because other than that, I don't see how the DBW throttle would make any difference

I agree the DBW setup would be better for launch control & anti-lag. My main complaint with them is their response time and lagginess, but I guess that's down to the programming of the DBW throttle.

I hear you....you just want to get it running for now :)
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

1986 Subaru GL-10 Leone TURBO

Post by entirelyturbo »

To echo what the others have said, I too was kinda wishing you had left it stock at first, but I'm thoroughly impressed with what you've done with it. It's gotta be the cleanest swap into an EA Subaru I've ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

Legacy777 wrote:
That's interesting to hear you can make more power....must just be larger diameter....because other than that, I don't see how the DBW throttle would make any difference

I agree the DBW setup would be better for launch control & anti-lag. My main complaint with them is their response time and lagginess, but I guess that's down to the programming of the DBW throttle.

I hear you....you just want to get it running for now :)
the tb with cable i had for the legacy was 70mm, the one franz has for sale is some crazy one he has i think its 70mm or bigger even. thats where the power will come from i had to port the intake manfoild a simple job in the end, its worth it for sure just not yet.

the one franz has i think i need to make a adapter if i remeber right, when i get it ill update next year to show what is next for this car.

DerFahrer wrote:To echo what the others have said, I too was kinda wishing you had left it stock at first, but I'm thoroughly impressed with what you've done with it. It's gotta be the cleanest swap into an EA Subaru I've ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hehehe ;) thank you.. it was a fun little car at first, but now days ! you need that extra go. it just happend that i add a little to much go lol.

well it came in !!

Drive Shaft Shop one piece aluminum prop shaft.

man o man is this thing so light weight. so they told me its 4" inch shorter then a STi shaft. which means even more less weight & 4" inch shorter wheel base.

so now just AWIC coolers on back order some time this week or next & weld up my exhaust + muffler + tip & my twin scroll dump tubes.

then we start her up ! next week we drive it.
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

I'm so jealous of your work....
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
Jessekrs123
First Gear

Post by Jessekrs123 »

I cannot wait to see this thing run!!!!!!!
2015 Subaru BRZ
1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan 5 Speed FWD Green (EG33 swap in progress)
1984 Subaru BRAT Tan
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

NICO wrote:
it just happend that i add a little to much go lol.

No such thing.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
FundamentalyConfused
First Gear

Post by FundamentalyConfused »

Is there any way you could get some video of this thing running?

I'm really interested in how this thing is going to sound, especially when you goose the throttle!!
1999 Forester S 5MT 200,000 miles and counting.
1990 Legacy L Sedan AWD 5MT Retired at 369,471 Miles
Grayguy
Second Gear

Post by Grayguy »

this thing is AMAZING! I can't wait to see video!
92' SS: SOLD
98' 2.5GT SOLD, bought back, new stupid build in the works.
98' 2.5 GT-rx :bought not built
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

NICO wrote:the tb with cable i had for the legacy was 70mm, the one franz has for sale is some crazy one he has i think its 70mm or bigger even. thats where the power will come from i had to port the intake manfoild a simple job in the end, its worth it for sure just not yet.

the one franz has i think i need to make a adapter if i remeber right, when i get it ill update next year to show what is next for this car.

Ok, so it is a larger diameter TB....that's the main difference.

BTW, nice driveline :)

I'm guessing since it's lighter it doesn't need to be supported like the two piece stock drivelines.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

cj91legss wrote:I'm so jealous of your work....

Jessekrs123 wrote:I cannot wait to see this thing run!!!!!!!

i add some video for you

beatersubi wrote:
NICO wrote:
it just happend that i add a little to much go lol.

No such thing.
lol you are right !!!

FundamentalyConfused wrote:Is there any way you could get some video of this thing running?

I'm really interested in how this thing is going to sound, especially when you goose the throttle!!
i did two videos for you

Grayguy wrote:this thing is AMAZING! I can't wait to see video!
add it

Legacy777 wrote:

Ok, so it is a larger diameter TB....that's the main difference.

BTW, nice driveline :)

I'm guessing since it's lighter it doesn't need to be supported like the two piece stock drivelines.
ya tb is bigger for sure

the xt6 had the carrier bearing i was going to mix and match till i found one from subaru ! which i seen the BRZ one and its perfect length lol go figure just in time for me to build they make a short shaft.

factory gl-10 has the carrier bearing but the STi tranny and diff are so close that i said might as well get this nice aluminum one piece.

i test drove it today it feels amazing so far.

well Franz helped set the car up making sure everything was up and working checking over all system a go !! no joke.. the internet is a amazing think, plugged her up via internet next i know he is turning on fans, fuel pump, injectors and so on !

VIDEO no exhaust

VIDEO with exhaust

exhaust

dump pipes

Dominator
First Gear

Post by Dominator »

It looks and sounds great! A little vibration rattle that I'm sure you'll find and fix. I'm so stoked to see your progress on your projects. Makes me have more motivation to work on my own stuff.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Jesus. Sounds amazing. In some parts it reminds me of an old big block with a high lift cam.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Jessekrs123
First Gear

Post by Jessekrs123 »

:smt118 This is so awesome!!!!!!!!!
2015 Subaru BRZ
1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan 5 Speed FWD Green (EG33 swap in progress)
1984 Subaru BRAT Tan
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

Just beautiful Nico, now I just want to see some photoshots
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Yeah it sounds pretty burly!

Reminds me of a louder version of mine. The delta cam in mine gives it a nice burble and V8 sound....but it's quieter due to the muffler and resonator.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

Dominator wrote:It looks and sounds great! A little vibration rattle that I'm sure you'll find and fix. I'm so stoked to see your progress on your projects. Makes me have more motivation to work on my own stuff.
the rattle is the twin plate clutch i cant get away from that sound ! it sucks but i need that set up to hold the power to the floor.

evolutionmovement wrote:Jesus. Sounds amazing. In some parts it reminds me of an old big block with a high lift cam.
ya its not bad with out a muffler, but something happend to it ! i think the can broke inside becuse it sounds like a mess now ! im going to take it off and go stright pipe.
Jessekrs123 wrote::smt118 This is so awesome!!!!!!!!!
thank you
SILINC3R wrote:Just beautiful Nico, now I just want to see some photoshots
maybe still working on it, lets hope i get out there soon with the car or else i got to put it away for winter :cry:

Legacy777 wrote:Yeah it sounds pretty burly!

Reminds me of a louder version of mine. The delta cam in mine gives it a nice burble and V8 sound....but it's quieter due to the muffler and resonator.
the flowmaster when i hit it a bit, it is so aful sounding, its coming off or else ill get pulled over as soon as i drive. i think it broke inside. sounds like a mess a very very loud fart can its so bad

i got this app to shortan the videos and it had a feature so i tried it out lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTQCAceEuBo

so i got my alignment & corner balance done ! thanks to everyone @ NVauto for the great job well done and it feels amazing now..
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

Haha that video is awesome. I love the way this little car looks. Can't go wrong with a white car and gold rims and some black trim.
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost