New Legacy GT Turbo! What do y'all think?

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

whats wrong with a 7 seater? It'll be better if it turns out van-ish than suv-ish I say.
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
kelley
Vendor
Vendor

Post by kelley »

another thing I hear about the 92x is they are only building it this year
(maybe 2 years) then they are replacing it with an opel platform.
they built the car to take the place of the 93 2 door hatchback (which is what I want, no one builds a nice sporty 2 door hatchback, sorry for my rant) and this could be brought to market quickly. I would have
liked a 92x with an sti driveline.
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

Got to drive the new GT using that $25 gift certificate thing. Black sedan, 5MT, really sexy. Looking at the headlights, I noticed that there is a sort of round protrusion in front of the projector. None of the pics I'd seen showed this and it looks very cool. Interior is, of course, way beyond my Legacy. Seats and wheel fit me (5'11'') without complaint. Equipped with everything I'd want and more (the one-touch sunroof). The little cargo area at the top of the center dash will be the spot for the optional nav system in about a year.
The overall word to describe driving it would have to be smooth. After not driving a manual for about 6 months, I could just get in and drive it easily. No shuddering moving away from the lot or anything like that, the clutch is very easy. I brought along a friend with a WRX for a different viewpoint, he said the clutch was much easier and more linear than his (36K on WRX, new clutch). He also thought it should have had more pull for 250 hp. I thought the power was more than adequate with 3 people in the car, as it gets to the upper 80s before you know it. It cruises at 3000 RPM at 70 mph, with boost coming on right above that. Didn't really get to test the brakes since the sales guy was in the back seat, so I can't report on possible fade.
I asked about an STi version to see what he'd say, and rumor has it a 6 cylinder variant is being considered.

For the lazy: GT = smooth, quick, I want it
90 L+ wgn
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

The parts manager confirmed the 7 seater rumour, apparently they're expecting them to show up relatively soon. I'll keep you guys updated
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
[quote="NICO I WRX U"]the streets are my track[/quote]
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

I'm signed up for the Car & Driver ride and drive in San Francisco on the 15th of August. Should be fun. I'm also going to go use my $25 gift certificate sometime next week. I'm REALLY looking forward to it.

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

dollars to donuts its the traviq

what time are you going brian? Ryan and I are going to the outback part of the ride and drive at 5:15
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.