Now look what I've done!

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Opie
First Gear

Now look what I've done!

Post by Opie »

:shock:

I did it, went and added another Legacy to the family...:D

Won a '91 Legacy Turbo on ebay this weekend and I'm picking it up tomorrow!! Can't wait to start working on this project car!

Guess I'll be spending a little more time here!

Opie
'00 Impreza 2.5RS
'91 Legacy Turbo
'03 Legacy SE
Matt Monson
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by Matt Monson »

Opie,
You and I have very similar garages.MY00 rs and Turbo Legacy. And I got mine Legacy Turbo on E-Bay last Wednesday... :)
1974 Porsche 914 Cam Am Limted Edition AKA the Bumble Bee
1973 Porsche 914 2.0 l -Suby swap pending
1968 Porsche 911t survivor 47k original miles
2000 2.5RS daily driver.
1999 2.5RS w/ 50+ extra whp
Suby Hai!
Opie
First Gear

Post by Opie »

:D Sweet! Mine's about 30 miles away from me so not far at all. I'm picking it up tomorrow and then towing it to Mastro Subaru for some TLC and an inspection. Should have it home by Thursday or so. Then I'll clean it up a little and get it registered! :D
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

As I said on NASIOC, Opie, you are my new best friend!!! :mrgreen:

Not only can you get in touch with me whenever you like about the car, PLEASE DO!!! :lol:
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

Similar garages? I'd say all of our garages are pretty similar except that I don't have a garage :(. We've (my wife and I) got a BRP '00 RS sedan and my turbo. Have fun with your new toy:D

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

Car looks beatiful, if you ever put it up for adoption, let us know :D

One question for you though, are those power folding mirrors or did the guy just fold em down?
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
Opie
First Gear

Post by Opie »

THAWA wrote:Car looks beatiful, if you ever put it up for adoption, let us know :D

One question for you though, are those power folding mirrors or did the guy just fold em down?
I believe the mirrors are just folded in...but if they are JDM folding mirrors that would be cool! ;)
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

Saw that car on e-bay... that's a steal and a half!! Are you just going to fix the tranny or put in a manual?
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Very nice! Congrats on the new baby :D
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
Opie
First Gear

Post by Opie »

Brat4by4 wrote:Saw that car on e-bay... that's a steal and a half!! Are you just going to fix the tranny or put in a manual?
Gonna evaluate what is really wrong with the tranny before I decide. If it's something simple (like I expect it is) I'll leave it an auto. If it comes down to needing a replacement, I'll probably swap in a '00/'01 manual and rear gear! :D
STi_GUY
First Gear

Post by STi_GUY »

Thats the only thing that really stopped me from bidding was the tranny. I'm in need of a replacement subie soon and that was almost gonna be it. oh well... I got my eye on a MY99 RS-t. Sooooooo sweet.
Cody
1994 Legacy Ti Wagon (Estate)
2.4L of N/A fury :)
Awesome vendor: http://home.att.net/~teaguesauto/index.htm
Opie
First Gear

Post by Opie »

:lol: Well I picked up the car today! Car started right up after a jump start, drove it out on the street to the tow truck. Had it towed over to Mastro Subaru to get a diagnosis on the tranny. Lucky for me they have a tranny tech with over 20 years of Subaru experience working on Suby trannys. He also one of the few in the U.S. ever certified to work on the Leg turbo tranny's so I should get a very good idea at what I'm looking at!

More to come soon, car is in good overall shape, some minor rust where the drivers front fender bottom meets the door...and the rear wing is shot (Paints all gone and the fiberglass is splintering! :x ), Interior needs a really....really good cleaning. I'm giddy as a school girl right now!
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

Nice. It's always good to see a turbo Legacy going to a good home:D. Is the scoop on the hood missing or is it just painted black? I hope all goes well with the tranny doctor:).

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
Opie
First Gear

Post by Opie »

eastbaysubaru wrote:Nice. It's always good to see a turbo Legacy going to a good home:D. Is the scoop on the hood missing or is it just painted black? I hope all goes well with the tranny doctor:).

-Brian
Hood scoop is just painted black, the original paint began to peel so the owner sanded it & painted it black to keep it in better shape than the wing. Added it to my homepage: http://home.earthlink.net/~opiewho1/LS.htm more details and pics soon! :D
HomeSlice
Third Gear

Post by HomeSlice »

ahhhh very nice opie! i was looking at the car on ebay always was a fan of the red 91s-
MY93BC Legacy Sonora Sand---> black plasti-dip?
MY93GC Impreza Amethyst--> Glacier/aspen/pd White
93BC"edm" 93GC 90BC R.I.P.
IggDawg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by IggDawg »

Hi Opie :D .

nice grab. that car is so sexy. The '91 front end is really nice. So jealous. I want a legacy turbo again :(
IggDawg is cool.

-IggDawg

1994 Barcelona Red SVX LSi.
1990 CRX Si (for sale)

I know a little about Subarus.
Opie
First Gear

Post by Opie »

-igg, thanx! do I get any igg points for buying it? :D

Well got a battery in the car today! Starts every time like a champ now! Got the car registered and titled, new plate is on the car.

But Bejeezus, I just called to add it to my insurance :o These boogers are expensive to insure!! Just as damn much as my 2000 RS!!! How much are you guys paying? For just liability & Pip they want $331 for 6 months! Damn RS is only $450 for full coverage 100/300/100 with a $250 deductibel!
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

HOLY Crap can i have your insurance? I pay 180 monthly and i don't even have full coverage :\

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
Opie
First Gear

Post by Opie »

THAWA wrote:HOLY Crap can i have your insurance? I pay 180 monthly and i don't even have full coverage :\
Oh OK, it just sounded high to me :lol: Full coverage (at the same amounts as my RS would only be $415 for 6 mo's :D I guess being old, married and having kids does help the ole insurance rates.
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

It might be high but then again I don't know what everyone else has

evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Another reason to convert an N/A into a turbo - insurance won'tt have a clue. :wink:

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Opie
First Gear

Post by Opie »

evolutionmovement wrote:Another reason to convert an N/A into a turbo - insurance won'tt have a clue. :wink:

Steve
Hmmm, that might be more incentive to swap the EJ22t into my 2.5RS....Hmmmmm, Still awaiting tranny diagnosis on the Leg!
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

THAWA wrote:HOLY Crap can i have your insurance? I pay 180 monthly and i don't even have full coverage :\

OUCH!!!!

I pay less than that to insure BOTH my cars, and I'm 19 and male!!! Of course this is basic insurance, min. coverage, and some unheard-of, bargain basement company :roll:
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

im getting totally reemed, before my accident got added on i payed like 150, and before that i was paying 120 on an 87 civic, none with full coverage, damn you california!!!!!!!!