Gonna be less active...

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Gonna be less active...

Post by entirelyturbo »

First off: I am not leaving!! I love you guys and my car way too much! :D

But I have actually diagnosed myself with a state of clinical depression. I'm not eating enough, I hardly ever get out and do anything, I procrastinate like crazy, I leave my whole domicile a pigsty, etc. etc.

My family history definitely has something to do with it, it's not easy losing both parents by the time you're 18. It has affected my college studies, my social life, my mental well-being, and I can tell that what I'm doing is whoring up Subaru forums for consolation and a feeling of belonging...

So I am going to try to establish a plan for myself that allows for some more socializing with people in person, more time to study for college, more time to keep up the house, more time to evaluate myself and discover what I want to do with my life.

This means that I won't have as much time to surf this place. I reiterate: I'm not leaving, I will still be on here at least once a week, I'm sure. But I'm on here too much now, plain and simple, and I need to diversify my daily routine.

So I shall be lurking in the shadows and adding my twisted outlook on things as I feel like it. :lol:
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
Dr Nick
Second Gear

Post by Dr Nick »

You go guy! I'm really proud to be associated with someone who is taking the bull by the horns and not just sitting back and whining!

My little resolution this year is to lose some weight - I'm about 3 stone overweight and I started my diet yesterday. Who knows, it might even make the turbo run a little faster!

More power to you subyluvr 8)
- Rob

1992 Legacy Turbo Estate (Wagon) / 5MT / 186k miles. [url]http://www.griggs-taylor.co.uk/legacy.html[/url]
1986 Suzuki GSX-R400 / 6MT / 43k km. [url]http://www.griggs-taylor.co.uk/mybike.html[/url]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Dr Nick - Stop eating rocks! :lol:

Subyluvr - Good luck, man. Whatever it takes - I've been there and still occassionally have to fight it off, but it's worth it.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

evolutionmovement wrote:Dr Nick - Stop eating rocks! :lol:
That was definitely a lol.
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

I'm glad you're taking control of your future instead of being an onlooker to your own life. Best of luck, and if you ever wanna talk, IM me or give me a call. :)
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

suby im me soon, i.e. within 4 days and 14 hrs of now, you'll like it :D
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
Dr Nick
Second Gear

Post by Dr Nick »

evolutionmovement wrote:Dr Nick - Stop eating rocks! :lol: Steve
I knew I was doing SOMETHING wrong!! :D

That's about 42 pounds for you foreigners...
- Rob

1992 Legacy Turbo Estate (Wagon) / 5MT / 186k miles. [url]http://www.griggs-taylor.co.uk/legacy.html[/url]
1986 Suzuki GSX-R400 / 6MT / 43k km. [url]http://www.griggs-taylor.co.uk/mybike.html[/url]
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Good luck with the lifestyle change and props for going for a positive change in life. If you ever need a little positive reinforcement just drop in. :D
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Yeah, good luck man.

If I'm ever down in your neck of the woods, I'll have to stop by.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
FG!!
Second Gear

Post by FG!! »

Good for you man.

Last year this time I was in a real bad place. My live-in girlfriend of 4 years who was basically my family had left me. It was real messy, too. I also graduated school (kinda good thing , kinda bad), was laid off, was overweight by 60 lbs, spent way too mcuh time on the puter, and was seriously mortally depressed. I stayed in this state of emotion for a few months.

One day I just got tired of being muted. Tired of being inside. Tired of being weak. I mean, I got really pissed. So I walked out the front door, and just kept walking for about six miles, then walked back. This turned into a routine. I couldn't stand to be indoors anymore. Then I started running too, three miles every other day once my knees got strong enough. I run in the open, not in some club or anything, but in public parks and in city sidewalks. I don't care who's watching. Once I started running, I would get these endorphin rushes.

Those endorphin rushes seriously straightened my brain chemistry out. My seratonin reward system was all screwd up before. All the sudden I could laugh again.

People aren't meant to be sedentary.

I'm a totally changed person now. I get comments know on how happy I am, and how I cheer people up. I'm so strong now, it's just rediculous.

That's my little story of what turned me around, hope that helps :twisted:
92ss, 66bsa thunderbolt, 92miata, 06wrx
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

depression

Post by Tleg93 »

It's a good thing to admit that one has a problem. There's lots of people who go through life with blinders on and never try to become a better person. We all have room to improve and can learn from those who face life's challenges head on. I wish you luck. I've struggled with the same demons before and while it's definetly not easy, just trying to change things is a step in the right direction. I lost a parent when I was young too and I know how it changes your life and attitude towards life. You can use those feelings to do some really positive things for yourself and others and I hope you find a way to do so.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Thanks a bunch guys for the kind thoughts. I've started school on what appears to be a good foot, only have two classes :evil: but I really only need one to fulfill all my gen ed requirements.

The house is looking better :lol:, still a bit messy, but much improved.

Patti should have her tranny out Sunday, depends on whether any friends wanna help me :roll: It appears to me that the fork came loose from the TOB, so much so that I can't believe I drove her into the garage. I also got part of the 98 Legacy GT exhaust which so far is a perfect fit, so things are moving along as far as that's concerned.

I'm going out to my first club tonight :D as soon as my friend from work calls me back... I don't consider myself a "club person," but I can't say for sure until I've been to one :lol:

But things are on the upside. Still not feeling like I have complete control over my life yet, but this will take time.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

For me it depends on the club. I don't know what they've got in FL, but in Cambridge, MA there's a fetish club where they play a lot of industrial metal and the women will show up in the hottest things. Sometimes just electrical tape x'd over there nipples and a thong... Half the guys are gay, so the odds with the women are even better and nobody has any kind of tough-guy attitude problem. If they have a place around like that chsck it out, if only for the entertainment value. First time I went I saw a midget with brests as big as her head and she was with her botfriend, a six foot five or taller transvestite who wore a matching dress! :shock:

Last time I went some chick offered a threesome with me and my friend :x I let him have her. Two chicks maybe, but...

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
IggDawg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by IggDawg »

You're talking about Manray right? that place used to be a haunt of mine. haven't made it out there in a while. that place was so much fun :D .

good luck in everything Suby.. I don't check in to this place nearly as often as I should, but it's always a very welcoming place to check into. I've run into a *bit of friction* in my life recently and I;ve been on the net a LOT more than I should be. so I know how you feel about needing to get off the computer and doing stuff. I forced myself out of hte house every night for the last week and it kicked ass.

Great group of people here. I miss my legacy and I miss posting in this board every day. I remember when boostjunkie and I had the same post count :D . I'm glad it still says "know it all" under my name and not "on haitus" :D .
IggDawg is cool.

-IggDawg

1994 Barcelona Red SVX LSi.
1990 CRX Si (for sale)

I know a little about Subarus.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Yeah, Manray. I haven't been there in a little while either.

Steve