Something isnt right, everyone take a look

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Something isnt right, everyone take a look

Post by ciper »

"1990 1.8i-16V" "Chipped, approx. 130hp"

I must be in the damn twilight zone or something. A california 90 Legacy with a 130hp 1.8 liter fuel injected engine with a chip?! This guy is smoking some serious dope.

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/v ... u%20Legacy
powerfulalien
In Neutral

Post by powerfulalien »

it is a 2.2 !!!!!!! 130 hp is stock !!!!
90 Legacy LS Wagon
no mod's (yet)
snorkusectomy
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

What ciper is gettin at.

That car is not stock......it's not from the US......

It looks like it was imported from europe some where. Japan, aus, nz all are RHD. Europe is LHD....for the most part.......and did get the 1.8 liter Legacy, as well as that type of liscence plate setup.

Also...unless that car has been repainted. The 90 legacy didn't get painted door handles & grill to match.

Also also.....it does not have the turn signals under the bumper....they are in the corner lamp. AND......the 90 did not get the side markers that are in the black trim that run along the side of the car.

Like I said.....this car was not sold in north america. It had to be imported from europe.

Stock hp on the 1.8 is around 110 hp.....according to the SAE article.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

I rather like the solid black trim, I wish I had it. I plan to add the signals on the side like he has. I just wonder how he was able to smog the thing. You can easily tell its not USDM from the image of the back of the car, the plate in the middle of the tail lights is very different.
subyfanatic
In Neutral

Post by subyfanatic »

:? New here, just saw that link and as Legacy777 said, it's most likely European. A dead giveaway that something was un-American was his 210km/h top speed. Could also be French, they got this model with the 1.8 and they have LHD like us. Personally, who'd waste their time importing that thing unless they owned it back in it's home country. Especially considering our Legacy Sports make 160hp stock.
91 BC5 EJ22T Sedan, 93 BF5 EJ22T Wagon, 93 GF EJ20T, 96 GM EJ20T , 93 GC EJ18