I'm going booze-less

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

I'm going booze-less

Post by entirelyturbo »

I always knew I was never much of a drinker, no one in my family is. But I actually think this time I'm just not going to drink altogether.

The fact of the matter is: I really don't like alcohol. I don't like the taste of it, even if I drink the wussiest Smirnoff Twisted Raspberry drink, I still kinda hafta force it down my throat because of the alcohol I can taste in it. It's not that I'm tired of getting drunk off my ass, because I've only really been drunk once. This isn't an AA meeting in which I'm pledging to turn my life around. It's just that I don't like to drink period!

The turning point was a half-shot of the new Absolut Vanilla I had tonight. I normally like vanilla stuff, but after taking that shot, I had to really struggle to hold it down. Like I said, it's not like that teeny bit of alcohol got me trashed, I was fine the whole night. It's just that I don't like the taste.

If I was offered a glass of the finest Italian wine ever produced or a glass of Coke, I'd take the Coke, no doubt, because I can just drink it normally, without feeling queasy.

Am I the only one?
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Not the only one! I gave up drinking too. Well, I gave up getting drunk. I still enjoy a fine wine or a good brew every now and then. But you get the idea.

Good work!
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

I used to be a pretty heavy drinker and alcoholism runs in my family. I pretty much quit when I had my daughter, then I went out and got a little smashed for the first time in like a year and a half and got nailed for DUI. That really woke me up. I didn't drink for about 2.5 years and now I just enjoy a good beer (and I mean good beer) now and then. Alcohol definitely isn't my vice of choice anymore. Well it never really was #1 but still, I really don't like being drunk anymore and the loss of control that comes with it.

Congrats on deciding to stop trying to force yourself to drink. If you don't like the taste then I definitely wouldn't do it. I just LOVE the taste of a kick ass Porter or Stoute! [homer]Mmmm, Porter[/homer].
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

I pretty much gave up on drinking about 3 years ago but I still tear loose every now and then if the opportunity presents itself. Nowadays I just stick to heroin and cocaine...j/k.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

The funny thing is I still have 3 Mike's Lemonade and 3 Smirnoff Twisted in the fridge right now leftover from the hurricane party, and I don't even wanna drink any of it... I might hafta give it away to somebody.

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I never liked alcohol when I was younger and didn't start drinking until I was 23. I've only been drunk a few times. Now I have 1 or 2 drinks because I like the taste, but I get as much buzz of a 24 oz. green tea as I do off the amount of alcohol I drink. There's no reason to drink if you don't like it. I found people respected me for not drinking back in school because I didn't preach about it either. I just threatened anyone who would try to drive drunk. That was dumb as I default volunteered myself as the DD and nearly had my car puked in a few times. The best was when I dropped this rich kid off at 3 AM and another guy in the car grabbed the mic to the car's PA system and told the parents his son was passed out in his own puke on the lawn and that they needed to come out and get him. All the lights in the neighboring houses came on - it was great.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

oh man, that poor kid. :D He must have had a heck of a next day. PA system, was it a cop car or something?
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
LegacyPunk
Second Gear

Post by LegacyPunk »

Never been drunk, never will be, But im still gonna have a beer on my 21st at Conor O'neils. Its the worst to be at an Irish pub and not get a beer.
:twisted::cool::twisted: "Plenty of time, to ruin my life, so why start now?" The Movie Life
1993 Sports Sedan, Exhaust, MBC, 02 WRX IC, KYB GR-2s...Now with old back seat!
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

Straight edge as @$%&!
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

i like fine wine and wussie drinks. bascily sweet stuff. i hate beer. peroid wont touch the stuff. every once and a while ill have something strong like remmy martin conac (sp) and VoS. hennesy and 30 year old burbon. never been drunk tho. i only drink about once every 2 years
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

I can't believe there's people that have never been drunk on this bbs. :)
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
mTk
no title

Post by mTk »

sounds like a mental thing. more power to you i guess.

MK
1992 BC672 AWD 5MT
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

My car had an aftermarket PA system/animal sound effects generator from JC Whitney. Don't think they sell them anymore.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
kidatari
Second Gear

Post by kidatari »

Booze-less? What fun is that? I work hard all day long, and I party hard too, I guess. It's not a constant thing, but a regular one.

It's getting expensive though. Bah.
[size=75]91 Perl White 5MT Legacy Sport Sedan[/size]
Yukonart
Cradle Robber
Cradle Robber

Post by Yukonart »

No beer or TV makes Homer go something something. . . .
"Power is NOTHING without control"
1994 & 2005 Legacy GT Wagons
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

kidatari, if it's fun for you, that's great, just be careful. But I just can't say it's fun for me. It doesn't relax me, it doesn't carry my worries away, it just makes me wish I was drinking something nonalcoholic.

I've got a good friend who's 36 and has never had the taste of alcohol to his lips in his whole life. And he doesn't need to in order to have fun, either.

*Formerly DerFahrer*

azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

werd
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
93Leg-c
Fourth Gear

Post by 93Leg-c »

I've never been drunk. My grandfather died a drunk, my dad doesn't touch any alcohol, I'll enjoy it once in a while (like maybe several times a year). I've seen some very, very good friends of mine totally ruin their lives and made it more than absolutely miserable for their families. No thanks, not for me. Moderation is fine but more than that is . . . not fine.
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

Done the barfing thing once- that sucks. Get merry prolly 1 weekend in 3. Had a drink earlier this evening, pretty normal.

I could do without it in a pinch, i dont drink much, it doesnt usually occur to me to have a brew over a coke. I don't know why people have to take such a hard line stance with the stuff "never cross my lips!" or "let's get shitfaced!" It's just another thing we live with, like coffee, or the amusement park.
[url=http://www.thawa.net/gallery/albums/album108/DSCF0330.jpg]90 legacy of awesomeness[/url]
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

Um, it wasn't meant to say that it's cool or somehow theraputic to be falling down drunk, puking all over yourself and making a complete ass out of yourself. Everything in moderation, my friends. There's nothing wrong with being a little drunk so long as you're responsible about it, and of age. I didn't mean to imply that everyone should try and be a drunk.

I don't go out and get an angry buzz every weekend but every now and then it can be fun to let loose a little and somethimes I drink because I like the taste of wine, which is what I drink almost exclusively. Anyway, I guess the fact that I don't have a problem with it is because I'm not trying to run from anything when I drink, just have a good time but having fun is something I do all the time wihtout booze. I'm just speaking for myself though. I know a few who have real issues with it.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

Yukonart wrote:No beer or TV makes Homer go something something. . . .
Go crazy?
[url=http://www.thawa.net/gallery/albums/album108/DSCF0330.jpg]90 legacy of awesomeness[/url]
elkaboom
First Gear

Post by elkaboom »

If you can act responsibly when you drink, who in the Hell cares?
Me, i'm a drunk, alchololic even. In fact, I picked up again after almost 2 years on the wagon. I'm sad about it but, strangely, I haven't gone crazy bender style like I used to. I was drinking so much when I quit, I doubt many of you guys would even believe it (well, maybe M.M).
Time will tell if my experiment has a reasonable, happy ending. I doubt it, though...
Until then, I'll just wrench on my Soob and make baseless character observations, assasinate people's character and continue my self-righteous war against people just like me :D I love drinking!
Bob
90 Legacy LS AWD n/a -190,000 and going strong!

91 Legacy SS -currently stock and awaiting marginal upgrades (dead) RIP
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

Self-degradation is admirable, I guess.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
elkaboom
First Gear

Post by elkaboom »

Way to pretend the , "I care" post, Scott... lol No one does. In fact, I think that all non-native customers ought to pay a tax; maybe ~2-3%?
In any event, I'll be waiting to jump the slow ass SS contingent in NE Ohio as they're waiting at the lights around here.
My n/a may be the factory killah that you boost junkies are "fraid" of. Ahh...piss off wankers.
Bob
90 Legacy LS AWD n/a -190,000 and going strong!

91 Legacy SS -currently stock and awaiting marginal upgrades (dead) RIP
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

elkaboom wrote: In any event, I'll be waiting to jump the slow ass SS contingent in NE Ohio as they're waiting at the lights around here.
My n/a may be the factory killah that you boost junkies are "fraid" of. Ahh...piss off wankers.
Ok, I'm confused. Are you trying to provoke the SS guys, like me? You kept up with a stock SS in your stock N/A so now you get to talk smack in a bunch of posts, is that it? You have no idea... :roll:
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]