turboXS/obx rfl full aptmo bov

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

azn2nr
Fifth Gear

turboXS/obx rfl full aptmo bov

Post by azn2nr »

when i got my pipes put in the fitting welded on was one for a rfl/type h ect. this was adapted with heater hose to a wrx bpv adapter plate and a wrx bpv. well it wasnt working verry well and giving me a little surge so i swallowed my pride and bought a rfl and a 90 degree elbow because of space.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 7930870787
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... B:EOT:US:3
the above 2 parts to be exact.

it works verry well. stays closed durring idle with one pack washer. it likes to open everyonce and a while with none.

as for sound, if your looking to get some attention this is the valve for you. mines pointed right up against the hood so the sound is bouncing around alot too. its louder then the enitre car at wot when it goes off. if your not looking for such a loud noise the type h like jake has would be good.
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

I think the HKS SSQV that I have is just as loud, if not louder than the RFL. When I go FMIC, I will probably just end up going with a FORGE or TIAL or SARD BOV. Something a little quieter, but noticeable.

I like the noise, honestly. It wards off otherwise pesky competitors.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
J-MoNeY
Fourth Gear

Post by J-MoNeY »

BAC5.2 wrote:I think the HKS SSQV that I have is just as loud, if not louder than the RFL. When I go FMIC, I will probably just end up going with a FORGE or TIAL or SARD BOV. Something a little quieter, but noticeable.

I like the noise, honestly. It wards off otherwise pesky competitors.
My Forge is quite loud. It scares the bajesus out of people walking by.
98 LGT
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

i dunno. my neighbors dsm has a ssq and its not bad but i think mines louder. its someting like 112 db at the peak. my momm bout crapped her pants because she wasnt expecting it when it when i was giving her a ride to work.
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Lol, listen to my dyno pulls. The ssqv is real LOUD.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]