Horsepowerfreaks.com

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Horsepowerfreaks.com

Post by legacy92ej22t »

I'm not very happy right now. I ordered a Walbro 255 fuel pump from these guys and have had nothing but problems (I paid $115 + shipping for one thing). They said it was in stock and would ship within 24 hrs, 3 unanswered e-mails later and 3-4 phone calls finally got the pump shipped a week later.

Now I thought I was ordering a pump w/install kit but I got just the pump. When I called about it they said sorry and that the kit would ship overnight. 2 days later, still no kit, so I call again. This time I'm told I ordered just the pump! Now their website is VERY misleading because it says "Universal high flow pump only" then in parenthesis it says "fuel pump with install kit combo" . Hmm, sound like you'd get the kit too doesn't it? They finally put me on the phone with a sales rep and he says I can buy the kit for $30 plus shipping. I point out that I found the correct pump kit combo on their site and that it's going for .25 cents less then I paid for just the pump (which said it was a pump w/ kit combo in the first place!) and that I'd pay the shipping for them to just ship the kit. Nope he says, I'd have to pay to ship the old pump back, then buy the new pump w/ kit and pay shipping AGAIN! After I already have paid to ship the first pump out already. This would be something like $21 in shipping alone! I'm livid. I could have got the same pump and kit for $99 shipped off Ebay but since I was ordering a clutch kit from these guys already I figured I pay the extra ching for convenience. Well that was a mistake. He then said my other choice was I could pay to ship it back and they'd refund my money for the price of the pump, $115. He said it was all about just how much of a loss I wanted to take! THIS FROM A VENDOR! :mad:

He then offered to drop $10 dollars off the kit price so that it would be $27 shipped. I ended up taking this route because I can't wait to ship the original pump back, wait for a refund, order a new pump w/kit from someone else and then wait for that to ship.

I feel like I got swindled big time though. I even pointed out how misleading his site was at the end and he went in to verify what I was saying, he was like " oh ya, that does make it sound like you get the kit. I'll have to see about having someone get in there to change that". WHAAAA????? This guy just admitted that his site is misleading and he's still going to butt rape me for the kit? Yessiree, he sure is. I took it like a man without Vasoline this time just because I'm desperate for the part but I will never order from these guys again. Very, VERY poor customer service IMO. I mean, I already had spent around $700 total on my order with this guy and he's giving me this much grief over a kit that probably cost him $5? Bullshit! :evil:
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

What is with your east coast vendors, dude? I think you should play the badass everytime you order something, so they'll get your order right, and on time out of fear, not so much efficiency, or something else.. :wink:
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

91legacy_sleeper wrote:What is with your east coast vendors, dude?
Actually, they're from Portland, OR. That's what I get for trying to support my home states economy. :(
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

:mad: Grrr... Tax-Free prices and ass-taxed service!! :mad:
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

What the hell's the installation kit anyway, a small hose and a nylon tie? Bastards.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

:evil:

Jeez. There are so many shady people who decided to cash in on the ricer-netboy craze.

You totally were cheated. You were sold one thing but sent another, and they took absolutely no responsibility for it. It really sucks that the situation precluded you from forcing them to. :(
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Yeah it sucks that they had you over a barrel so you had to deal with these pricks. I've (almost an idle) threatened with the BBB when I needed something from the company to be resolved. When I don't need the part or they don't cooperate, calling my credit card company has worked well *cough* Cobb *cough*.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.