1995 Legacy Wagon.. interchangeable exhuast systems?

Headers, cats, uppipes, downpipes, midpipes and mufflers.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

inzomniac
First Gear

1995 Legacy Wagon.. interchangeable exhuast systems?

Post by inzomniac »

Hey, It's been forever since I posted on here.. but I find myself in a Legacy again.

Just a quick question for now.. the car's muffler is whistling right now.. it's driving me insane. Which other Subaru's exhaust will fit on a 1995 Legacy Wagon, I'm mostly interested about axle back. And if I stay stock I can pick something up cheap, this car is my student beater so I don't plan on modding it much. But it's only the first week so give me time :roll:
Gary
1995 Legacy LS wagon
1991 Legacy Turbo - 5spd, JDM EJ20 conversion
1985 RX sedan - dual range 4WD, 5spd (P4 rally car)
random aircraft....
inzomniac
First Gear

Post by inzomniac »

nobody? I did search it before I posted, but didn't find much at all.. just wondering if anyone might know off hand..
Gary
1995 Legacy LS wagon
random aircraft....
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

If it's just a muffler, dude.. there's no reason you can't bolt/weld on anything you like. . . I think that's why you haven't gotten the response you expected.
Exhaust is one of the easier modded parts of a car . . . With that, it's best to go custom. Don't be afraid to drop $200 on an entire system in mild steel or something similar, you won't regret it. The gains are there.
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
inzomniac
First Gear

Post by inzomniac »

I built a rally car.. did a motor swap, and have custom exhaust front to back for my other car.. but I didn't know I could just weld on a muffler that's it :roll:

Granted if was asking about bolting on something as a power upgrade, or just asking about replacing the muffler I'm a complete tit... I was however asking about AN AXLE BACK setup. This is so I could go out and buy something off a subaru club member and bolt it on.. also I don't wanna go aftermarket/performance type.. just for simplicity sake + I know this car is slow and don't intend to make lots of noise while going slow. Also I see stuff from stock cars going for like $50, saves me the time/money of making something up when I don't have any (pilot doing upgrade training = broke).

Now just for you: tris91ricer

Note how the muffler is the big round thing.. the smaller round thing is a pipe.. and the flat piece at the end is a flange.. this whole setup together is an axle back system.

So.. I repeat my question.. what fits?? Everything.. nothing... Only legacy.. wagon only???
Gary
1995 Legacy LS wagon
random aircraft....
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I can't say for sure about the 95 legacies. But with the 90-94 legacies, the rear hangers are parallel to each other. On the newer imprezas they are staggered slightly.

Also, on the imprezas the piping is slightly shorter compared to the legacy.

You can search for my thread about fitting an MRT GC axle back on my legacy. It's got the specifics.

If your axle back is the same as the 90-94 legacies, my MRT axle back is for sale.

let me know if interested.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
jimmai
In Neutral

Post by jimmai »

i have a 95, rear mounts are not offset as u suggest. just put a new muffler on myself yesterday. big round shiny one...............
2.2 BG Wagon, Mighty Hiace Van, Even Mightier KX250
inzomniac
First Gear

Post by inzomniac »

Ok.. I just got an axle back section off a GC 2.5 RS.. we'll see what happens when I go to fit it.. I'll post again once I've done it.. might not be for a lil while.. I"m going nuts with school work right now.
Gary
1995 Legacy LS wagon
random aircraft....
wiscon_mark
Fourth Gear

Post by wiscon_mark »

update on that fit? (curiosity from a fellow 95 owner) :)
[url=http://www.sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?t=486]1995 Legacy Outback 5MT[/url]
185,000 miles
www.sl-i.net (for all Legacys!)
inzomniac
First Gear

Post by inzomniac »

Not done yet.. maybe this weekend.
Gary
1995 Legacy LS wagon
random aircraft....