WTB Sunroof glass w/ good seal

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
Aerotech
Fourth Gear

WTB Sunroof glass w/ good seal

Post by Aerotech »

My glass is busted, and my weather seal leaks.... sounds like a country song, dunnit?

Anyone have one laying around?

mccavittj@yahoo.com
Jerry

'04 Passat GLS 4Motion 5MT (Subaru by VW)
'86 Vanagon Syncro Camper Garage Queen
Bheinen74
Fourth Gear

Post by Bheinen74 »

I know where there is a good one, still in the car in the junkyard. it is good, it is in a car with only 82k miles.

I have never taken one out though, so would need some guidance. I am in IA, tell me what it is worth to you and i will see about getting it. I already got the windshield from this car and power antenna.....not sure waht else is good on it, but will let you all know later..
91 Legacy Sport Sedan 4eat
91crx si 165k
91 Civic RT4WD manual trans 168k
91crx Si 40.5k
85 BRAT Gl 140
97 SVX 74k
JasonGrahn
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by JasonGrahn »

muthafucka. I JUST finally threw my old one flat-out away. Gotta see if mom or brother still has my spare. Give me one week, i'll let you know.
-Jason Grahn
Aerotech
Fourth Gear

Post by Aerotech »

Thanks guys,
BlackBart sez he's got one, might be within pickup distance.... let ya know.

The spiderweb in the glass is pretty cool, but the sudden splash of water to the face on hard acceleration is getting tough to live with.

ps I got the spiderweb from pounding on it to get it to close... the relay is getting old
Jerry

'04 Passat GLS 4Motion 5MT (Subaru by VW)
'86 Vanagon Syncro Camper Garage Queen
beemerben
In Neutral

Sunroof seal needed also!

Post by beemerben »

Hey if a couple of these show up I need one too. I recently purchased a 1992 legacy turbo and the only problems it has are a busted mast on the antenna and an inop sunroof that leaks. Any advicec will be great on either or all of these issues. I can be reached at 541 474 6827 or by email. thanks, ben

1992 Legacy turbo w/ auto trans:)
ducky
In Neutral

Post by ducky »

Legacy wagon 1990;dealer told me that to have leaks fixed would require removal of complete sunroof "cassette" which would involve removing headliner and sliding the whole contraption out the rear hatch. On a sedan I understand you would have to remove the windshield??
Anyhoo, the costs of this made it prohibitive, so just seal unit in the winter with a light white silicon based grease. (and do not open it until spring!) works fine. As for roof drains--on the '90 wagon I used a new bicycle brake cable and slid same thru drain holes that are on each side of the assembly. They appear to exit behind front wheels (probably on firewall??) You can see these drains with the roof completely open and are toward the front on either side. Using a very bright source of light seems to make location easier!!
Hope this can be of any use to someone!!
my scooby shifts funny-
tranny shop sez money-
and I don't have any!!
not really a poet
professor
Third Gear

Post by professor »

Yeah sunroofs don't have seals really, they just have dust boots

the edge around the sunroof is a rain gutter, and if the drains are clogged you are screwed, it fills up then drains into the car

I like the bike cable method best for trying to clear them, compressed air tends to blow the hose right off the nipple if it is clogged
That beer you are drinking cost more than my car
HomeSlice
Third Gear

Post by HomeSlice »

i got one im on the island pm me if still interest
MY93BC Legacy Sonora Sand---> black plasti-dip?
MY93GC Impreza Amethyst--> Glacier/aspen/pd White
93BC"edm" 93GC 90BC R.I.P.
Narini
In Neutral

Sunroof

Post by Narini »

I have a complete assembly that was leakless when removed and working. Came out of a 92 AWD Turbo through rear door. Yes, headliner must come off but it is only held on by 8 bolts or so.

Unfortunately, I am in Ontario and shipping these is way to expensive. Anyone coming to the great white (wet this year) north?

Phil
Phil
Team MaNick - Performance Rally Racing,
MaNicK at School - Road Safety Initiative
92 Legacy AWD, Turbo "Lacy"