WANTED: EJ22T for 91 legacy

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
realfinn
First Gear

WANTED: EJ22T for 91 legacy

Post by realfinn »

Hey guys, I have been desperatley searching for a EJ22T for my 91 N/A FWD. If anyone has any info on where I can find a good running engine for the swap it would be greatly appreciated. I would be interested in purchasing engine, turbo, xmemeber, ecu and possibly the wiring harness.
pw422
Second Gear

Post by pw422 »

don't know if you can put a ej22t on a fwd tranny?
91 rio red ss 5mt
94 legacy wagon gt
95 impreza ej20 swapped
mTk
no title

Post by mTk »

I have a turbo crossmember if you'd like to buy it on it's own. PM with offer if interested

MK
1992 BC672 AWD 5MT
LIFiero
In Neutral

Post by LIFiero »

make sure you get a good clutch for that. I bought my turbo legacy with a fwd swapped in because the awd one broke, and the clutch slips like hell. then once you do get the clutch to grap the tires like to spin alot.
97 Impreza OBS
95 VW Passat GLX VR6 (going into Golf)
94 2.2L Legacy Wagon
92 EJ22T Legacy Sedan
92 VW Golf GL
89 VW Golf GL Wolfsburg
87 Mazda RX7 NA (traded)
87 2.8L V6 Fiero (sold to my brother)
66 Ford Mustang 289 Hi-Po V8 (for sale)
realfinn
First Gear

Post by realfinn »

I have heard from others that the FWD and AWD blocks are basically the same (closed deck versus open deck?).

Thanks for reminding me about the clutch...this car has been sitting in storage for a year. Now that you said that I remember that the clutch slipped as is. That will definitley need to be replaced. I was wondering about the EJ25. Does anyone know if that will work with my FWD setup as is? I think I will have an easier time finding a wrecked Subaru with a turbo ej25 around here. But if anyone has any options it would be much appreciated. I NEED HORSES!