fuel prices

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

isotopeman
Second Gear

fuel prices

Post by isotopeman »

I've heard they've gone up. I don't drive anywhere though, or even pass near a gas station in my daily routine. Nobody I work with knows what they are either. Just out of curiosity, what are they?
δ13/12C = -17.7 ‰
δ15/14N = 9.4 ‰
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

You convert your Legacy to run off peanut oil or something? :lol: You do drive on occasion right?

Here in Orlando, the best I saw today was $2.76 a gallon for 87.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
isotopeman
Second Gear

Post by isotopeman »

I start it once or twice a week. I bought 4 gallons of gas earlier this year for the car and motorcycle. Most of it is still in the tanks. I work a block away with only an old cemetary inbetween. Canoe season is coming up though, as well as some regional bike races - both of which would need a car for transport obviously.
$2.76 / gallon? heck. I thought it was something to whine about. :wink:
δ13/12C = -17.7 ‰
δ15/14N = 9.4 ‰
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

I saw as high as $2.95 a gallon though :shock:

You are lucky, I must tell you. My gas bill right now is at least a good $100 a month, if not more.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
thefultonhow
Second Gear

Post by thefultonhow »

I filled up for $2.19/gal three days ago. 8)

Okay, so the real price was $2.29, and I used a 10cents/gallon coupon to get it down to $2.19. Still, though, I think I win the prize for the lowest-priced fillup. :twisted:
-- David

1990 Subaru Legacy L+ 4WD Wagon 5MT, white with 66k miles -- SOLD
[url=http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=66214]1992 Infiniti G20 5MT[/url], White Sandstone with 175k miles
J-MoNeY
Fourth Gear

Post by J-MoNeY »

Bout $2.90ish a gallon in Arizona.
98 LGT
thefultonhow
Second Gear

Post by thefultonhow »

CNN.com has a timely article on this as its front-page featured story:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/04/19/feedba ... index.html
-- David

[url=http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=66214]1992 Infiniti G20 5MT[/url], White Sandstone with 175k miles
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

I just put some gas in at $3.07. Good thing I hardly drive.
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

2.31 today. good thing im not driving my car yet
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

2 fucking 89 a gallon here. Thank you George W. Bush.
Manarius wrote:The Neo-Cons would call me a defeatist. I'd call me a realist. I'm realistically saying that a snowball has better chances in the blazes of hell than democracy has in Iraq.
1995 Polo Green Subaru SVX (189k miles - 08/2007-Present)
thefultonhow
Second Gear

Post by thefultonhow »

Manarius wrote:2 fucking 89 a gallon here. Thank you George W. Bush.
Aaaaaaaaaand this thread turns into a political one.

To be fair, Iran's nuclear intentions and China's increasingly capitalist society aren't Bush's fault. Neither is the fact that Americans love SUVs so much, or that ethanol ha to replace MTBE as an octane booster. I don't like Bush, but the high gas prices are only partially his fault.
-- David

Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

$3.19 for 91 octane here. Damn....
1992 T-Leg = 195whp 197wtq SOLD :(
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

A rabbit farted in Vietnam so they had to raise the prices ... or was that last week's reason? All I know is, golden parachutes aren't getting any cheaper.

If Brazil can have ethanol in every station why can't the United fucking States?

I have a gas card or else I'd be paying more for gas than the car payment.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Flip_x
Second Gear

Post by Flip_x »

its 3.39 for 91 octane in tahoe here or carson its 2.90 for 01 octane...
1990 Legacy Sedan LS AWD 5-MT 162k miles Slate Metallic (Sold to Brother)

1992 Legacy SS AWD 5-MT 180k miles Mica Black
snowboarded
Third Gear

Post by snowboarded »

2.99 for 93 for the past few days. Before that it fluctuated between 2.75 and 2.89
[quote="Manarius "]Only flamers will get those. [/quote]
[quote="All_talk "]How many WHP will that give me? :)[/quote]

2010 Subaru Impreza 5mt 5 door
Splinter
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by Splinter »

4.21/gallon in US dollars here.
98 Steel Widebody RSTi-RA Superbeast
free5ty1e
Fifth Gear

Post by free5ty1e »

Damn. Here it's like $2.60 for 85 octane, $2.80 for 91 octane (it's still wierd calling 85 octane regular and 91 octane premium)
-Chris
91SS 4EAT stock
91SS 5MT awaiting engine rebuild and VF36...
92SS 4EAT - RIP :(
94SS 5MT4.11+rLSD 289k km: RobTune550,TD05-16g @ 18psi,FMIC,3"TBE,Forester lift
sammydafish
Third Gear

Post by sammydafish »

Note, this is coming from someone who owns a Mobil Station

over $3.00 a gallon at my station... all the political action is simply an excuse for the price hikes though. At $36 billion net profit last year, ExxonMobil and other refinery companies are the ones controlling the prices of what should be a commodity but isn't treated as such. Prices will only go higher as US gas reserves are going down (decided by refineries, not due to lack of oil supply). What's the solution to the problem, simple, boycott ExxonMobil. You've all seen the chain letters and emails. It could actually work though. Granted the US consumer is a love of fossil fuels with its love of SUVs and other fuel inefficient machinery and equipment. None the less, the power of a commodity market should be driven either directly by the supply or by the consumer. There is more than enough supply despite politically heated claims that may say otherwise. This should leave the determining factor of price in the hands of the consumer. This is not the case though as the brokers, the refiners, the distributors are the ones setting market prices. It is quite clear that there is no immediate way to decrease the demand of gasoline by the US consumer, but the consumer can be brand aware. Decreasing sales of the largest and most profitable brand, ExxonMobil will show the strength of the consumer and force the company to react. In order to increase sales they will be forced to decrease prices. With a large enough following, it could work. It is by far the underlying ideal that is the balancing factor in a free market economy. The consumer must be strong in order to show their effect on the market. Do your part, join the bandwagon and make a difference.

At my shop we’ve prepared ourselves for decreasing gasoline sales. We own the building, pumps and everything, all we buy from Mobil is the franchise and gasoline. his is very unlike most Mobil stations, your average Mobil is actually owned by Mobil directly (all your 'on the runs' and other highly branded shops). Since we are a privately owned retailer, our margins are so slim that selling gas isn’t even worth it anymore, we barely even scrape up a 5% margin. Try to stay in the black with numbers like that in a retail business. Then drop credit card fees on top of your gross margin since 80% of sales are on credit cards and basically we don’t make a dime selling gas.
- Junior
90L Wagon EJ22E on Toyota CT-26 boost -- Crushed!
95L Wagon on T3/T4 boost :)
www.trdsupra.com [b][url=http://trdsupra.com/library/forsale/]Cheap parts![/url][/b][quote="Imprezive"]alright, I give up, I'm going to NASIOC...[/quote]
stipro
Third Gear

Post by stipro »

Right now, where I live, with the price converted, its $3.95 USD/US Gal. for 91 octane. :oops:
1994 ABM Sport Sedan-Not stock
1990 L series/turbo-Rally project
snowboarded
Third Gear

Post by snowboarded »

Update: now 3.09 10 cent jump in a few hours....

LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

I paid $3.09 a couple days ago. I don't know why people are so bothered by this. It's not like the prices are high enough to make us stop buying it, and we still pay approximately half of what europe pays
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
[quote="NICO I WRX U"]the streets are my track[/quote]
Splinter
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by Splinter »

LaureltheQueen wrote:I paid $3.09 a couple days ago. I don't know why people are so bothered by this. It's not like the prices are high enough to make us stop buying it, and we still pay approximately half of what europe pays
$4.21 is enough to make it hard for me to find cash to fill up the tank.
98 Steel Widebody RSTi-RA Superbeast
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

so drive less or get a more efficient car. :)

I'm a broke college student too who has trouble making sure I don't run out of petrol, but I never bitch about paying for gas. If it bothered me that much I'd take the bus or buy a metro
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
[quote="NICO I WRX U"]the streets are my track[/quote]
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

I think high gas prices suck, and damn it, I'm going to bitch about it! This is America...when you don't like something you complain and get your money back! But, I do drive less. The problem is that where I live things are spread apart and the bus doesn't go very far so if you don't have a car you're screwed.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
snowboarded
Third Gear

Post by snowboarded »

Same here. There's no option for me but to drive. Buying another car is out of the question, no buses or trains or car pooling with employees. And it's to far to work to ride a bike. So what do I do, suck it up, buy premium, and complain. What else can you do?