WTB 91 Legacy Parts

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
Anshii
In Neutral

WTB 91 Legacy Parts

Post by Anshii »

Hi guys, I'm looking for a couple parts for my 91 Legacy. I know I need a rear axle as well as some CV Joints...

Anyone parting out anywhere near Seattle?
polychrome
In Neutral

Buy rebuilt parts...

Post by polychrome »

The CV joints are in the prop shafts (half shafts, half axles). If you have AWD (4WD) then you have 4 of these and no other axles. Rebuilds are about $40 or $50 each at Auto Zone or Advanced etc. after you turn in the dead ones. If you've done it before the job takes 45 minutes per axle, but 3 times that the first time. Its too much work to play around with junkyard parts.
Anshii
In Neutral

Post by Anshii »

My car is AWD.. sorry I'm not so knowledgable about cars. :( I'll see if that is plausible.. cause I'm not the one doing the work.. although I wish I was.

Anyone have legacy emblems/bagdes? And a driver side visor?
bepa
Second Gear

Post by bepa »

you may not start out doing your own work but you will learn and start soon after. subaru are fun to drive, quick if you have a stick, turbo or a newer model. from what I am reading the 2.5 needs looking after for longer life. look around the site a little and you will read about a couple of yards out your way. I'm in new york yet I have read about 2 good ones if what is said is ture. read around and you will find a few names. good hunting, good learning and be well.
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

Ok, you have AWD. If you need rear half-shafts, get them from autozone for like $55 for lifetime warranty ones. It takes about 45 minutes to do one.

As for badges and driver's side visor: Blackbart has a lot of that stuff, but you may need to do a junkyard run.
Manarius wrote:The Neo-Cons would call me a defeatist. I'd call me a realist. I'm realistically saying that a snowball has better chances in the blazes of hell than democracy has in Iraq.
1995 Polo Green Subaru SVX (189k miles - 08/2007-Present)