A little something I just found out!

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

redlineracer
First Gear

A little something I just found out!

Post by redlineracer »

Well, I was doing a little shopping around for some parts for my 91 Legacy. As I was thinking about replacing body parts on my car I came across something amazing. My friend drives a 1994 Honda Accord 2dr. He came over to my house and we were playing around on his car and when he took off the front grill I was like HOLD ON A SEC! So I took the grill off my car and compared them. They were exactly the same! Same length and same height. They dont fit on the stock brackets on our car cause they have a little shroud on it. So I popped on Ebay and ordered a carbon fiber mesh grill for like 25 bucks for a 94-97 Honda Accord 2dr/4dr. So when I get that in I'm going to trim that shroud off and see what happens. If it dont fit then, oh well, Im out 25 bucks and I can sell it to some ricer on the street. But also I was taking a look at the 1 piece front headlights, they kinda look the same but I dont want to spend that much money to buy a test body project. But if it does happen to fit with the grill, Im going to order a set of 1 piece Ion Blue Halo projector headlights for that year. And if that works also with little bit of modification, then I will try to see if I can fit a VIS-2 vented hood. This test project might cost me a few hundred bucks but If it does work, I think others might jump on the bandwagon and see it for themselves. Thanks!

carbon fiber grill: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-97-AC ... otohosting

1 piece Halo projector headlights: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-97-HO ... otohosting

Carbon fiber hood: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-95-96 ... 1952QQrdZ1
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

I'm not thinking any of that stuff will fit except the grill. And, the wiring would be a PITA for those headlights...but they won't fit anyways.
Manarius wrote:The Neo-Cons would call me a defeatist. I'd call me a realist. I'm realistically saying that a snowball has better chances in the blazes of hell than democracy has in Iraq.
1995 Polo Green Subaru SVX (189k miles - 08/2007-Present)
IronMonkeyL255
Fourth Gear

Post by IronMonkeyL255 »

That's interesting.

I've been thinking of stuff I could do to my '91 SS, but was drawing a blank. My only real hope was to go to europe to see a friend and pick up some EDM headlights......
Disclaimer: If anything I post is inaccurate, please correct me. I do not wish to add to the misinformation floating around on the internet.

That being said, everything I post is accurate to the best of my knowledge.

Rio Red '91 Legacy SS
redlineracer
First Gear

Post by redlineracer »

Well, I am going to be getting the front grill next week. Have an order in for the projector headlights. If all goes well, I will post pics on here and see if you guys like it. :-D
kidatari
Second Gear

Post by kidatari »

Good luck :)
[size=75]91 Perl White 5MT Legacy Sport Sedan[/size]
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

Good luck. You're gonna need it!
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G