WRX Clutch Release Bearing Comparison

Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

New92
Third Gear

WRX Clutch Release Bearing Comparison

Post by New92 »

Ok, I have a quick question for anyone who has done a conversion to the WRX clutch and flywheel. I picked up a complete lightly used kit and per the suggestion of some knowledgeable forum members I ordered and new pressure plate and bearings. I received the bearings. The new Release Bearing appears to be quite different from the old one. Im hoping that some of you can take a look at the pics and offer your thoughts. (bear in mind that Ive only ever dealt with modular systems before and if I am missing something totally obvious be gentle with my subaru "virginess" when pointing out my error) Ill be stopping by the dealer tomorrow in hopes that they can tell me what the heck part RockAuto sent me but in the meantime, Thanks again for all your help people.
Ben

Pic Of Old:

Pic Of New:
1992 SS 5MT
She's growing faster in her old age!
mikec
Third Gear

Post by mikec »

Its been a while since I've seen one, so I may be wrong, but that looks like a release bearing for a push-type tranny (non-turbo 5-speeds).
"That shouldn't be a problem, since I do regularly visit the realm of subatmospheric manifold pressures." -- vrg3
New92
Third Gear

Post by New92 »

Its hard to find accurate pics of a complete kit but that is what Im leaning towards as well. Dang....
1992 SS 5MT
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

mikec wrote: looks like a release bearing for a push-type tranny (non-turbo 5-speeds).
Correct
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust
New92
Third Gear

Post by New92 »

THanks for the confirmation fellas. Just wanted to be sure I wasnt mistaken before contacting RockAuto. I appreciate the info.
Ben
1992 SS 5MT