VF-11 To 02 Wrx Intercooler?

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

VF-11 To 02 Wrx Intercooler?

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-(refer to pix) i have a 92 ss with a vf11 and a 02 wrx tmic. what is the one piece or pieces needed to get the 2 to go together? i need to get my car running so any links, help, advise etc. would be greatly appreciated! (soory if this is somewhere in the forums)
-Joe
-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book. ~Moog
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: VF-11 To 02 Wrx Intercooler?

Post by Legacy777 »

You're going to have to custom fit something together. There's plenty of threads with info on what peaple have used. i'd suggest searching and see what others have done to give you some ideas.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-well i have searched and still have came up empty handed! all i'm looking for is a part number(s) of a hose or someting to connect the vf11 to the stock y-pipe on the 02 tmic!
-joe
-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book. ~Moog
i_c_the_light
First Gear

Post by i_c_the_light »

You're not going to find part numbers. There is no standard fitting for it. There have been plenty of threads in the past. Try different search terms.
1990 Legacy GT wagon. 100% JDM, 100% factory.
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

i_c_the_light wrote:You're not going to find part numbers. There is no standard fitting for it. There have been plenty of threads in the past. Try different search terms.
-ya i understand that but the point is someone got a hose, a y-pipe etc. cut it up to fit. these pieces have part numbers. so like stated before, all i'm looking for is a part number so i can cut it up to make this work!
-or if someone knows of a link to a How To, or anything similar, instead of getting the run-a-round and tell me to search, when i already have, and came up empty handed so far. i know there is plenty of threads. i've read a lot of them. but most of them dont have pics or there deleted or they just say, this is my custom setup with little description on how they did it then it gets detoured by someones question then its off topic of the original post.
-so i dont think i'm asking for much if so many of us legacy guys have done this before. (sorry if i sound pissed but i have a lot of stress in this time of my life) all i'm asking for is a little guidance. thanks
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Well, hopefully someone with direct experience will chime in. I know why the searches are not probably turning up much. Unfortunately the phpBB software has classified "wrx" and "intercooler" as common search terms and doesn't index them, which sucks.

I'm going to look for a way to change that.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-thanx Josh! now this is what i was looking for! i'm going to try some of this out tomorrow if the weather permits!
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-Update:
-I just want to say, again, thanks josh!
-anyone else who attempts this project, 02 tmic with vf11, it wasn't as hard as everyone made it out to be, for me at least. all i did was cut the stock y-pipe back to get rid of its 90 degree bend, trim down the outlet on the tmic that connects to the TB to the width of a hose clamp, used a hose, P/N (D)71244 or napa hose P/N 8338 cut to fit, and modified the housing on the firewall that the dog bone connects to. (hammer) just bashed it down a little! took a couple of hours and now my car is back up and running thanks to Josh and his helpful link above!
SiCkSTi04
Second Gear

Post by SiCkSTi04 »

Glad to see you were able to find a solution to your project. Any final pictures??
-04 WRX STi - Java Black Pearl - Cobb Stage 2
-02 Forester Type S premium - Platinum Silver Metallic - Stock
-92 Legacy Sport Sedan - Onyx Black Pearl - Stock
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-sure its nice out. i'll post some pics later on today!
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-ok here are some pics after the install. sorry i didn't take any during assembly. but here this summer i'm swapping turbos so some stuff will come off and i'll try to document it. also is a couple of videos of how my car sounds. let me know what you think!
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

nice install, looks pretty clean, Cant wait to do my TD04! Need money damnit!
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

Mattheww044 wrote:nice install, looks pretty clean, Cant wait to do my TD04! Need money damnit!
-ya your not the only one who needs money lol! i missed a sale, td04 with just under 10,000 miles by a couple of hours for only $100 in my neighborhood! damn thing looked brand new!
-thanks for your comment!
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

Nice how does it run intercooled?
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

ericem wrote:Nice how does it run intercooled?
-well the car was IC since i got it, it just had the waic before. i can't give a good comparison between the two cause the hose connecting to the vf11 on the waic always slipped off. but i would say it prob. ran better with the waic cause of less heat soak but the tmic is just temporary till i go bigger turbo, injectors and front mount.

-but since the car has been sitting for a while i think i might have another problem. I can Really hear my fuel pump. (sounds like a chevy FP) i don't know if thats a sign of it going out or needs gas but i have more than a 1/4 tank in it. Whats the deal? if its not one thing its another :roll: