coolant manifold crossover

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Naked Buell
In Neutral

coolant manifold crossover

Post by Naked Buell »

Okay guys help me out. I believe I was reading here on this site and even responded to the original poster but it was about drilling and tapping the crossover manifold and putting in a Brat sensor in a 2.2T crossover manifold. Something about the temp gauge not working with the new engine so that was the whole purpose of putting the brat temp sensor in the coolant manifold so I would read the right engine temp.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? It has been driving me mad because I am at the point of mounting the manifold (coolant) to the engine and need the info so that I can move forward.

Help a subie bro out please. Thx guys.
86 Brat, 2.2T, AWD, TD04, Intercooled,
88 Rx, Future EJ upgrade soon
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Re: coolant manifold crossover

Post by ciper »

I didn't see the original thread but can I assume you are putting a turbo ej22 into a brat and you want the temp gauge on the dash to work?

My first suggestion is to see if the brat sensor can replace the single wire sensor already on your coolant pipe. The ej22 has two sensors for coolant temp - a dual wire unit that the ECU uses and a single wire spade connector used solely for the temp needle.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: coolant manifold crossover

Post by Legacy777 »

Yeah, I would just put the brat sensor in place of the single wire sensor on the ej22t crossover. If you have to drill and tap the crossover to fit the brat sensor....that shouldn't be a big deal.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm