Test Img Irish Legacy, saved from the crusher

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

irishlegacy
First Gear

Test Img Irish Legacy, saved from the crusher

Post by irishlegacy »

Ahhhhh...I think I have cracked it, anyway wheels are in poor condition and it needs a good old buffing and polish, otherwise its driving perfectly, just over 100K on the clock. Not sure what to do with it in the long term.

:-)
irishlegacy
First Gear

Back End

Post by irishlegacy »

Cleanish..?
irishlegacy
First Gear

Engine Bay

Post by irishlegacy »

Cleanish.??
irishlegacy
First Gear

Legacy Minder

Post by irishlegacy »

Keeping an eye on things..
shtbxr22
Fourth Gear

Post by shtbxr22 »

I like the dog, what kind is it? (the legacy is cool too, sorry) ;)
Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment.

1998 VW GTi VR6 5MT (SOLD)
1992 SS 4EAT Winestone (minus 2 gears/SOLD)
1994 TW 4EAT Quicksilver (blown up/SOLD)
2007 Legacy SE 5MT Satin White Pearl (Mine now :))
irishlegacy
First Gear

Post by irishlegacy »

shtbxr22 wrote:I like the dog, what kind is it? (the legacy is cool too, sorry) ;)
The Dog is called a Whippet, part of the sighthound family. You wont come across many Whippets, rare breed. Very fast, and a little smaller then a Greyhound.

I got the car for 100 Euro's which was donated to charity, it was destined for the crusher. When I popped the hood and saw it had the timing belt and water-pump done at 98K and its only got 107K on the clock, dry engine so I took a chance on it. Yes it needs some elbow grease but mechanically its perfect. I will spend some money on it and if it gives me a return of service, it will have been worth the risk.

I am tempted to now look for another one, I would like a high-performance Legacy Wagon. The Outback looks kinda cool.?

Cheers..

Paul
Hyena
In Neutral

Post by Hyena »

Wow :shock: awesome find there! and good on you for saving it from the crusher, that's a very nice Legacy. Looks to be in really great shape too. So sad, you paid 100 euros for it, that car is worth about $3500.00 in the United States.

as for what to do with it? probably just keep it around as something different to drive every now and then :P And know how lucky you are to have gotten it for what you did, and that you saved it. :wink:
93' Legacy L AWD Wagon- Teal Metallic - Auto
irishlegacy
First Gear

Nice Deal

Post by irishlegacy »

Hyena wrote:Wow :shock: awesome find there! and good on you for saving it from the crusher, that's a very nice Legacy. Looks to be in really great shape too. So sad, you paid 100 euros for it, that car is worth about $3500.00 in the United States.

as for what to do with it? probably just keep it around as something different to drive every now and then :P And know how lucky you are to have gotten it for what you did, and that you saved it. :wink:
Greetings from Ireland and thanks for your reply. Yes I am pleased to have picked up a deal. I have it going to the car valet shop tomorrow as it needs a good buffing and polishing. Yes there are a new little marks on it but its rust-free and mechanically perfect. I do like that copper metallic color and with some upgrading to its wheels and tyres I really dont have much more to do to it. I do intend to use the car on a day-to-day bases and I by the time i have finished spending a little money on it I think its a good outcome.

My only problem is the cost of Gas which is circa 1.15 euro/ltr. I dont think the legacy is the most economical of motors to drive..? I am expecting around 20MPG.??

Cheers for now

Paul
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Mostly low speed driving, I would guess? I'd suggest doing some aero mods to it if you run a lot of motorways, but they won't make that much difference at lower speeds.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
irishlegacy
First Gear

Evolution Movement

Post by irishlegacy »

evolutionmovement wrote:Mostly low speed driving, I would guess? I'd suggest doing some aero mods to it if you run a lot of motorways, but they won't make that much difference at lower speeds.
I had been crusing your site...interesting stuff actually. I found a quote on part one of the topics:

Originally Posted by Hans-Hermann Hoppe; Natural Elites, Intellectuals, and the State
According to this view, states are the outgrowth of natural elites: the natural outcome of voluntary transactions between private property owners is non-egalitarian, hierarchical, and elitist. In every society, a few individuals acquire the status of an elite through talent. Due to superior achievements of wealth, wisdom, and bravery, these individuals come to possess natural authority, and their opinions and judgments enjoy wide-spread respect. Moreover, because of selective mating, marriage, and the laws of civil and genetic inheritance, positions of natural authority are likely to be passed on within a few noble families. It is to the heads of these families with long-established records of superior achievement, farsightedness, and exemplary personal conduct that men turn to with their conflicts and complaints against each other. These leaders of the natural elite act as judges and peacemakers, often free of charge out of a sense of duty expected of a person of authority or out of concern for civil justice as a privately produced "public good."
The small but decisive step in the transition to a state consists precisely of the monopolization of the function of judge and peacemaker. This occurred once a single member of the voluntarily acknowledged natural elite was able to insist, despite the opposition of other members of the elite, that all conflicts within a specified territory be brought before him. Conflicting parties could no longer choose any other judge or peacemaker.

Sorry its not on the subject matter of 1995 Legacy Wagons, I just could not avoid putting this quote on here for you.

Viva La Revolution..

Cheers

Paul
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

The website is actually being redesigned, but the content won't change much. The Evolution Movement is the fictional criminal organization in my books. I believe anyone that seeks power is the type that is most susceptible to the draw of corruption and subsequent hypocrisy (as you can guess, I don't care much for authority), so to "walk the walk" and because I hold myself to at least as high a standard as I do others, I made the corrupt organization's views my own. However, I personally have no interest in controlling others, so the leader of the organization isn't based on myself.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Hyena
In Neutral

Re: Nice Deal

Post by Hyena »

irishlegacy wrote:
Greetings from Ireland and thanks for your reply. Yes I am pleased to have picked up a deal. I have it going to the car valet shop tomorrow as it needs a good buffing and polishing. Yes there are a new little marks on it but its rust-free and mechanically perfect. I do like that copper metallic color and with some upgrading to its wheels and tyres I really dont have much more to do to it. I do intend to use the car on a day-to-day bases and I by the time i have finished spending a little money on it I think its a good outcome.

My only problem is the cost of Gas which is circa 1.15 euro/ltr. I dont think the legacy is the most economical of motors to drive..? I am expecting around 20MPG.??

Cheers for now

Paul
Awesome dude! make sure to post up some pics when you get it all cleaned up and how you like it :wink:

for gas mialage it depends on your engine and transmission. I have a 2.2litre flat four in my legacy with a 4 speed automatic and I find that I get an average of 22mpg. my best recorded was driving down to California I got 26.6mpg doing 55mph on the freeway. I think with the european legacies they used the 2.0litre engine. and if you've got a 2.0 litre and it's a 5 speed transmission you might be able to get about 23-24 mpg maybe 22-23 average with an automatic.
93' Legacy L AWD Wagon- Teal Metallic - Auto