ok ok the 2010 Legacy isn't that bad

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

ericem
Fifth Gear

ok ok the 2010 Legacy isn't that bad

Post by ericem »

Went to look at one in person, test drove a base model with a cvt. No 6spd or turbo or anything other then base model and the sport on lot regardless both N/A cvt's. Honestly it looks pretty good the black one you can definitely grow on it, but the car had no balls. I like the feeling of my SS plently more. Was a nice change with such huge interior space, and insanely quick windows and working awd hehe. Anyway, was pretty quiet. For day to day driving it would be good, but its not any fun to drive. Doesn't handle that great either. Regardless heres some pics!

and a bonus private underground parking shot at work ;)

1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
epicfail
First Gear

Post by epicfail »

Still looks like a Chrysler trying to be a Benz w/ Lexus tail lights to me.
Seems Subaru is in the midst of an identity crisis.
[quote="RJ93SS"]u fail, epicly[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]Don't do drugs, kids, men may not need nipples, but we look a lot funnier without them.[/quote]
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

That shit is heinous!
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

A friend snapped these when visiting Japan not long ago.

→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

OK, that JDM wagon looks kinda cool but OMG, those USDM Legacy's are fucking horrible! I guess I will be looking at something other then Subaru when it comes time for me to get a new company vehicle........
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

They both look hideous. WTF! I want to smack whoever designed and OK'd that right in the face and pee on their rug at their home. Big Lebowski style.

Seriously, what a shitty thing to do. The 2005 legacy's were HOT. Now this...First they took the sti and raped it. Now they raped the rest of the lineup and then donkey punched them in the face.

They're so ugly I have to look away. That'll never grow on me. NEVER.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

after seeing and driving the car made me want to completely restore my 94 ss.
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

Stop posting pics of those please!
94SS.Wiseco forged pistons,TD04,TMIC,WALBRO 225,440's,3" all the way,revtronix stage 2,enough other crap to fill the internet.

THE TRIBUTE BUILD>>>LINKY LINK>>> http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=295455#295455
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Yeah I saw one in person the other weekend.....I still don't really care for them.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

I still don't really care for them.
I can tell your really just sugarcoating that statement.
94SS.Wiseco forged pistons,TD04,TMIC,WALBRO 225,440's,3" all the way,revtronix stage 2,enough other crap to fill the internet.

THE TRIBUTE BUILD>>>LINKY LINK>>> http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=295455#295455
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

its generic but hey its roomy, cheap, and base model has a 6MT.
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Saw a carrier full of them on the highway and seriously thought they were some generic Korean car or Toyota I somehow missed reading about. They've managed the incredible feat of making it both bland yet offensively ugly. At least the Aztec only managed the latter. ALL new cars convinced me to finally restore the wagon and it's coming along slow, but sure. It costs the same to make a car attractive as it does ugly. I don't understand. Do they really think they'd sell less of them if it looked something like an Audi or one of the few other decent looking modern cars?
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
brand
First Gear

Post by brand »

Anyone that thinks Subaru has made a car that isn't ugly is deluding himself ;)
91 SS with a bunch of parts waiting on the shelf
94 SS with things and such
08 STI with stuff and junk
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

I disagree. None have been beautiful and maybe a couple would require a few mods to look decent, but there have been a few, even if they were on the bland side. The only thing that would make this abomination look better is a wrecking ball.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
PhyrraM
Fourth Gear

Post by PhyrraM »

You guys crack me up.

EVERY Subaru has been very derivitave of other models, ESPECIALLY the '05-'09. The one time Subaru decided to get it's own identity (the alfa nose), you peeps slammed that also. At least newer Subarus look current, 80's Subarus looked like 70s Toyotas.

From 30' it's hard for the novice to tell a BC from an equal year Camry or Stanza.

EVERY new Legacy followed the current midsize trends, with the exception of the drivetrain. This new Legacy follows current midsize trends, with the exception of the drivetrain. Very little difference from "traditional" Subaru thinking.

At least all the hate slathering is good for free entertainment. The "bring back the GC" boys are also, come to think of it.
'93 Winestone SS Auto, '91 Pearl White SS.
'93 Pure White SS EJ20G slanty intercooled, SIDESWIPED! In stasis.
'94 FWD and '95 AWD Laguna Blue SVXs.
2017 Pure Red BRZ Limited w/Performance pack
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

It's the retrograde step of weight gain and size that's the worst of it for me. The last model was lighter than the one that preceded it (as well as better looking), bucking the trend of nearly every other retarded automaker to increase the size of successive generations of a model until they need to build a smaller car to fill the void the original model vacated. Just look at an '80's 7-series next to a new 3-series and see why they needed a 1-series. Or there's what Nissan did to the Maxima when they bloated the Altima into the Maxima's territory and having reached the size limit for the Maxima's market, they were stuck with two cars of near equal size. They couldn't kill the Maxima as the brand has a loyal following, so they made it fat and they suffered the wrath of loyal customers in exchange. At least Nissan seems to have smartened up with the new one by pushing the Maxima into a more premium direction and dealing with the size overlap.

Saying Subaru follows trends is like saying only German Shepherds need to drink water. EVERY mainstream manufacturer follows the same trends. There's too much money to build a car for them not to play it conservatively. But the BC/BJ was the best looking of its contemporaries as was the successor in GT form, and the last, sadly departed model, looked more "European" than some of the Europeans (which seemed to want to look more "Korean" and the Koreans are now trying to look "Japanese"). Since most generations come out around the same time as other manufacturers, styling is finalized a year or two before introduction to market, and most designs are the lazy obvious result of the last generation's evolution, it's usually difficult to really say who came out with what first and probably irrelevant. As much as I hate Bangle, I can at least understand BMW's incentive to shake things up. I don't mind a regular car looking like one, I just don't want it to look ugly and bloated like a floater off the Jersey shore.
PhyrraM
Fourth Gear

Post by PhyrraM »

I agree about the size. I never said I liked the new Legacy, I'm only confused as to what folks think they are going to get out of the constant complaining. Everyone knows that Subaru isn't going to look back until sales fall off.

I am curious as to how they plan to meet the coming milage requirements. Introduce a new, smaller platform to increase the average? Or, most likely, classify everything as a truck and play in a different ballfield? Sell fewer cars and get exempt?
'93 Winestone SS Auto, '91 Pearl White SS.
'93 Pure White SS EJ20G slanty intercooled, SIDESWIPED! In stasis.
'94 FWD and '95 AWD Laguna Blue SVXs.
2017 Pure Red BRZ Limited w/Performance pack
fishbone79
Second Gear

Post by fishbone79 »

evolutionmovement wrote:I don't mind a regular car looking like one, I just don't want it to look ugly and bloated like a floater off the Jersey shore.
:smt043 :smt043 ROFL
Cheers,
morgan

1992 Legacy BF
1946 Ford 1.5 Ton Truck (The Beast): http://community.webshots.com/user/fishbone79
epicfail
First Gear

Post by epicfail »

Check out that hotrod Camry wagon... wait a sec...
Is that a Camry?

All the stickers, rims, bodywork, etc. don't make it any less bloated and overweight.
[quote="RJ93SS"]u fail, epicly[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]Don't do drugs, kids, men may not need nipples, but we look a lot funnier without them.[/quote]
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

the big thing i dont like is that those huge fenders need 17 or even 18 inch wheels for things to look good. the big car just dwarfs the stock 16" wheels. its finny because 16s look gigantic on my 93 impreza.
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Good point about the mileage—another reason I hate that they need a 2.5 just to get the thing to accelerate faster than a fat guy on a Segway. And if it's going to be ugly, at least make it friggin' aerodynamically efficient. Not that aerodynamic has to mean ugly (I'm looking at you, Toyota, and your actually unimpressive Prius), but that's free efficiency. Form should follow function—this is just ugly for the sake of ugly. I think the 30 mpg rating is why the CVT is set up to hobble the performance so much, but that's the breaks when the thing's 1000 lbs. over weight. I also think that 30 mpg is driving like an old lady. Maybe they plan on selling some rebadged Toyotas or token electrics to further improve their CAFE.
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

After 64k miles on my '07 Legacy, I am averaging 28.1 MPG mixed........over the whole 64k. Not too shabby but I do a lot of highway miles.
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

I SMELL CAMRY!!!!!!

meh, i think some of us will get used to it though.

subaru never made a car that !everyone! liked.
Zach - Legacy Frankenstin
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
GeneralTJI
In Neutral

Post by GeneralTJI »

[quoteThey both look hideous. WTF! I want to smack whoever designed and OK'd that right in the face and pee on their rug at their home. Big Lebowski style. [/quote]

The dude abides!!
[color=blue][b][url=http://www.generaltji.com/]-General's Projects -[/url][/b][/color][b][color=red][url=http://tjituning.com/]TJI Tuning-[/url][/color][/b]