newest suby to the stable not legacy but svx's are 2nd best

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

subychris94
First Gear

newest suby to the stable not legacy but svx's are 2nd best

Post by subychris94 »

bought the car for 250 dollars needed tires p steeing hose and battery trans was replaced 50k ago
notice how bad headlights fogged
headlights after sanding and polishing we do this at the dealer for $50 makes them look new
Imagethis is the 97 grille installed looks much better
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

WOW! $250! Should be a sin to sell such a nice car for $250. You got a killer deal. I'd love to have and SVX. I keep seeing a red one in Tenino, WA near where I live and I want it. I saw it today in fact.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
suba
First Gear

Post by suba »

I hear this voice in the back of my head...it's saying "6 speed swap, 6 speed swap...". Probably shouldn't listen to it though, it's followed by the sound of a cash register...
90 Legacy L AWD 5mt
Formerly of the USMB but moved from an RX to a Legacy
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Do people swap manuals into these cars? I haven't seen it done before. Anybody got a link to a build thread on an SVX with manual swap?
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

check svx forums they do it all the time.
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

Ive even seen kits on e-bay for the manual swap.
94SS.Wiseco forged pistons,TD04,TMIC,WALBRO 225,440's,3" all the way,revtronix stage 2,enough other crap to fill the internet.

THE TRIBUTE BUILD>>>LINKY LINK>>> http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=295455#295455
Redlined
Fourth Gear

Post by Redlined »

You got a deal bud. Ive wanted an SVX for a long time, but they tend to be very expensive or utter trash.
Dave

Post by jefferson »

He has another one, a 95 that he is doing a manual swap to. Just another of his many Subies.
91 Black SS 5spd. Edm lights, wrx gauges in dash, 45 degree airbox, cryoed drilled and slotted brakes. Invidia divorced downpipe with custom stainless exhaust. To be installed, aluminum a-arms, manual belts, awic.
subychris94
First Gear

svx 5spd swap

Post by subychris94 »

my other svx is in the middle of a 5spd swap the kit is from small car.com cost about 350 dollars not bad but they say 8 hours install i have been a subaru tech for 6 years and i cant even do it in 8 hours it has alot of steps including a good bit of welding but will be worth it in the end Image
Bdub
Second Gear

Post by Bdub »

A buddy of mine had the most gorgeous 96 LSi SVX in Laguna Blue a few years ago.
He did a 6spd swap and that thing hauled some serious ass. The poor little stock automatic trans. is just not enough for the H6.
Through The Generations...
91 SS 4eat
95 LSi 4eat- Sold
07 2.5i 5mt- For Sale
13 STI Sedan
subychris94
First Gear

my 92 svx completed 5spd swap

Post by subychris94 »

completed my 5 speed swap today sorry no pics yet this made the biggest difference i love it the cost is pretty high though to do the swap i bought the small car performance basic install kit which was $379,new spec stage 1 clutch kit almost 400 , new subaru flywheel almost 300 , built my own trans 04 turbo forester 5mt with wrx front and center differentials to retain rear wheel drive bias 3:90 front and 3:54 rear ratio with 1.1:1 center diff. saved alot of money on parts because i did a full sti conversion on a 05 wrx wagon for a friend a few years ago so scored pedals and hydraulics from donor car for swap rebuilt trans myself did all the work my self so it can be done. my only problem with the basic kit from small car is the instructions suck they are a copy of a copy and the illustrations were horrible and some of the details were not even mentioned like the lock solenoid on the ignition switch that will not allow the key to be removed had to wire a button to release the key thanks for reading
cartwheels
Second Gear

Post by cartwheels »

I think you need to swap some paragraphs into your post.

But nice car man! I love SVX's, and I can only imagine how epic one would drive with a 5 speed.

And can someone explain the differences in the final drive of the front and rear end? That doesn't compute in my brain.

EDIT:
1.1:1 center diff
Just kidding, I figured it out :]

DOUBLE EDIT:

Wait what? I still don't understand the point. Is this how torque is distributed unevenly front to rear? I never understood how this worked... explain?
1994 Legacy TW
1993 Geo Tracker
1991 Legacy SS (finally got one!)
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

what a cool car those are. love the sound of that motor too.
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
magicmike
Fifth Gear

Post by magicmike »

Looks like you have one of the wheels switched on the black one. There are lefts and rights so the "spokes" all face the same direction. Your rear wheel faces back and your front wheel is facing forward.

I googled to find a correct picture and found ALOT of wrongs ones like this:

Thisd is how it should look:
-Mike

2011 Infiniti G37x Sedan - Current
2007 Ducati 800ss - Current
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (White)
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (Silver)
2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Probably idiot tire shops when they put on new tires, assuming the tires are directional, that would be unlikely to happen at a rotation unless the guys are truly incompetent. I could see if they were already messed up, not knowing which direction to choose for the wheel spoke orientation, but they should all face the same way, at least. Were it me and I still did that work, I'd ask the owner, but I actually give a shit about what I do, which is rare, I guess.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

I heard the stock wheels help keep the wheel bearings and brakes much cooler so it is important the wheels are installed the correct direction!
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
subychris94
First Gear

Post by subychris94 »

yeah i know that is just after i bought the car from the previous owner. He had the wheels on wrong,the black car is now the parts car and the white one has the 5spd swap the black car has nicer paint so i will be switching all the removable body parts installing them on the white car and having the rear quarters and jams painted on the white one black, so i will end up with a ebony black 92 with grey leather and a 5 speed manual thanks for the comments guys
subychris94
First Gear

Post by subychris94 »

and on the subject of the wheels only the left side wheels are marked with an L beside the valve stem so providing it has a correct set of wheels only the ones on the left side will have letters on them