F$%K this car......

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

monstaru
First Gear

F$%K this car......

Post by monstaru »

ok, so in spokanistan the rain will not stop for the past few days.......and AFTER i sealed the windshield up, i waspretty confident with some light rains, that i was successful in keeping the water at bay.welp, i guess not.after gathering parts here and there from people that owe me and cheap as hell,i finally got the stock intake pieces i needed so i decided to throw some fuel in her, and see if i had sorted out the stumble at 5ish grand.....

when i climbed in , there was a huge puddle in the passenger side footwell of the rear seat.......FUCK! water has been getting in anyway!all the fdoors were closed tight, the windows up tight, etc....all seals are good, i just don't get it.and the front doors had small puddles in the bottoms of them....

i need another shell of a car.wagon would be the flavor, gotta finger out what color i would like sos i can start lookin.....i guess.

i just do not want to install new wiring , and think i have everthing tight and have it get screwed by moisture.not into doing a complete wire swap more than once in a cars life....... :P

welp, if any of you boys around spokaloo have a wagon you want to get rid of with a straight body , or know of one, for F'in cheap ....let me know.....cheers, brian
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

ok well dont know if you have a sun roof or not, but since your car is leaking im going to take a guess and say that you do. that is were the leak is coming from. i have posted in threads like these about what to do but i will give it a go again. you will need to take the whole thing out and seal where the tracks are. you might see where they used to be sealeed from the factory. if you have time and dont want it to leak again i would take it apart as much as you can so you can clean it properly so when you seal it, it wont leak. i had to do mine twice for this reason. next find the 4 drain plugs and make sure they are not clogged up. if they are unclog them. if you cant find them then this is where it gets tricky cause you will need to cap the drain plugs on the sun roof are make more drain tubs so the water can leave the car where they were intended to. hope this helps.

Tony
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
monstaru
First Gear

Post by monstaru »

no sunroof man.
thats the mystery.
i have been around old school subies for a long time.i am fairly adept in my abilities with cars.
not tryin to sound like a dick,but i am not that dumb.thanks for the vote of confidence. :lol: cheers, brian
dscoobydoo
Fifth Gear

Post by dscoobydoo »

I feel your pain. I have a truck that is sitting in Spokane, and it has a couple pin-hole leaks in the back on the roof welds.

If it rains hard, I can get a cup of water in an hour.

I sadly had to put silicone over the pin holes in the paint/welds to try and stop the flow.

Have you tried the rear window as well?
Or the C pillar windows?
Yes I have too many Subarus
No you can't have one
05 GD-STI
01- RS- Swapped-07 STI
00- GF
93 SS- "the original Robtune" (now in new hands)
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

ouch! thats the worse thing I've ever heard anyone say about a legacy, bit I definately feel your pain. my old SS had a sunroof that leaked rediculously. I had to sit on a towel after it rained... haha
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

monstaru wrote:no sunroof man.
thats the mystery.
i have been around old school subies for a long time.i am fairly adept in my abilities with cars.
not tryin to sound like a dick,but i am not that dumb.thanks for the vote of confidence. :lol: cheers, brian
:oops: i knew that was going to happen, sorry but it is a habit with our cars so i figured that was what it was. no offence to you just didnt know what you have since there is no further profile on you. well good
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
Suigintou
In Neutral

Post by Suigintou »

Just an idea for how to find the leak, take your car to a drive thru carwash and then look all around for a drip while the machine washes your car. Thats what I did to find my leak, anyway.
monstaru
First Gear

Post by monstaru »

yeah,i am just frustrated.i did not mind the ugly body, some quirks here and there.but the puddle, well, was like a piece of straw and me the proverbial camel...... :lol:

i am not a bitter type of person , really....just a realist.and this is more than i want to do for a car that has some dings i don't like,is not the color i would choose,and in general has more rust starting than i would like, and, that i am not personally attached to.

so i will hopefully pick one up here soon and start swappin stuffs over.
\
i've tried givin her love, she keeps turnin away. :lol: ......

you don't understand the specimens i usually start with for a project.
etc.....these are the last two

cheers, brian
monstaru
First Gear

Post by monstaru »

ok, so when i got this car it was basically for the engine(ej205).........and initially it was getting lifted and beaten.........well, when i took the 45 minute drive home and got turbo lust.....i had a change of heart :lol:

well, after getting parts together to better the already done swap and finding water every other day...........you saw how i felt above :x

welp, economically another car is ridiculous for me right now.so, back to the original plan.......

i have a lift kit owed to me, and have some tires out back..........it will look better with the theme i had designed for the car anyway.... :D

i'll start a build thread when i can actually start on her.cheers, brian