installed megan coilovers on my 91 ss today

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

subychris94
First Gear

installed megan coilovers on my 91 ss today

Post by subychris94 »

just completed install of megan coilovers on my 91 ss today install was simple with a little adjustment and then i went to work and performed an alignment the handling is amazing. I removed 04 sti suspension to install coilovers the ride is so much better with coilovers i would recommend this for anyone wanting better handling performance
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

How does the ride compare to stock suspension?
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
subychris94
First Gear

Post by subychris94 »

stiff compared to stock ss suspension but better than stock sti suspension that i had on before this
RJ93SS
Third Gear

Post by RJ93SS »

what's the price on this setup?
93SS 04 wrx brakes/slotted w/ hawks--TD05 -- 06 I/C -- 20mm n/a fsb -- Stage 2 -- 550's -- Perrin DIV DP -- 2-3/4 Tit Exhaust -- K&N -- C/C -- A/C Delete -- Grounded -- GT Leather Interior -- WRX/STI Strut Setup -- 17" 225's -- 2 Kids Seats ;)
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Better as in performance or better as in not as stiff? I too am curious about price. I thought I posted earlier asking the price but I guess that didn't go through.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
sqc151
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by sqc151 »

nice setup... i like the stance.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Yeah......my issue now is I like the stance/look of the AGX's & whiteline springs, but don't really care for the harsh ride ALL the time.

I'd probably have to go coilovers to get the ride height I want without having crazy stiff springs/struts.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
subychris94
First Gear

Post by subychris94 »

the price of the coilover set up is $899 and as for the ride is better that it is stiff but the valving is more progressive and the coilovers dont just deflect the body off of the bump they absorb it i run them 4 clicks off of hard in the front and 6 clicks off in the rear with the spring preload set about midway not to hard. the coilovers are not as bouncy as stock sti suspension