What's in your CD player?

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

MrBean85
First Gear

What's in your CD player?

Post by MrBean85 »

This is a spinoff of subyluvr's thread.

Whats in your CD player in your car right now?

I've got a burned cd thats a mix of Kenny Chesney, Tanya Tucker, John Conley, Rhett Akins, Diamond Rio, Montgomery Gentry, Chris LeDoux, Darry Singletary, and a couple of other country aritists.

Kevin
2002 VW Jetta 1.8t 5spd 62k miles

92 Legacy L AWD sedan, 4EAT, 190k miles, Magnaflow muffler, K&N, & removed intake silencer

RIP 11/7/05 94 SS 5spd 133k miles
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

My a-m MP3 disc
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

Gorillaz
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

currently e-40 loyalty and betrayl
soon to be p.diddy & bad boy records presents... we invented the remix
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by boostjunkie »

The new Mark Farina CD (electronic music).
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]
teaguespeed
First Gear

Post by teaguespeed »

NOFX- punk in drublic
'99 Impreza L 2.2 powa!

"If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style."
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

currently, Dub_Connected: electronic music (psy trance)
earlier on the way home it was Enigma's New Voyageur cd.

boost....how do you like the new Mark Farina cd?
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
LegacyT
Fourth Gear

Post by LegacyT »

no cd player in mine, but the badass subaru logic cassette player still lives!!! And whats spinnin?... Vanilla ice and big purple :twisted:

Mark,
1991 Turbo Sedan, Aspen White 5MT, Sold RIP
1994 Turbo Sedan, Crimson Pearl 5MT, from British Columbia-no rust!
LegacyT
Fourth Gear

Post by LegacyT »

and Pixies....

Mark,
1991 Turbo Sedan, Aspen White 5MT, Sold RIP
1994 Turbo Sedan, Crimson Pearl 5MT, from British Columbia-no rust!
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

when i dont have my ghetto-tape connected to my cd player, I have good ol' blue eyes popped in my tape deck
import_freak
First Gear

Post by import_freak »

P.O.D.
93 legacy turbo sedan
00 jeep wrangler
kelley
Vendor
Vendor

Post by kelley »

on the i pod umm
the ravonettes, the sounds, luna, galaxie 500, the white stripes, some dnb and breakbeats, the pixies, and about 6 gigs of some other various music.
Yukonart
Cradle Robber
Cradle Robber

Post by Yukonart »

3 discs of Eve6, 2 discs of Crystal Method, and 1 Ferry Corsten in the changer. . . then whatever I left in the main deck. :P
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

teaguespeed wrote:NOFX- punk in drublic
:lol: I had NOFX-White trash, two heebs and a bean in earlier.
NOFX rules, I've seen them about 8 times live out in Oregon. I got to work security at a show at the Co-op in Eugene when my friends band Hollywood Mayonnaise opened for them. The Co-op had exposed plumbing in the cealing and people were climbing out over the pit and dropping in! It was one of the craziest shows i've ever been to.

Then I had in the new Janes Addiction cd "Strays" , then Les Claypools Flying Frog Brigades "Purple Onion" And I'm pretty sure I ended the day with a burned rap mix, Tupoc, Snoop, Eminem, Beastie boys, Warren G and Nate Dogg, Ice Cube, the Pharcyde, Souls of Mischief, DMX, Ja Rule, The Get Low Playaz, AMG, Kokane, Tribe Called Quest and a couple more I can't think of now. Pretty sure that's what's in there now.
This is in the Tahoe though, I don't have a cd player in the Legacy yet :( and she isn't running to par currently so Subarina is getting a little rest. The Goats " No Goats no glory" is her the tape deck though.
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
mTk
no title

Post by mTk »

KMFDM - WWIII

MK
1992 BC672 AWD 5MT
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Let's see, the only CD's I have in my car are the ones I burned off my puter. Everything from Marilyn Manson to Duran Duran is in there. I DL music to diversify, when I buy an album it's amost assuredly some kind of rock...
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by boostjunkie »

Legacy777 wrote:boost....how do you like the new Mark Farina cd?
It's not bad, but I'd definitely recommend Steve Lawler's "Lights Out" (I think that's what it's called. Do you get to see a lot of djs out there in Houston?
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

subyluvr2212 wrote:Let's see, the only CD's I have in my car are the ones I burned off my puter. Everything from Marilyn Manson to Duran Duran is in there. I DL music to diversify, when I buy an album it's amost assuredly some kind of rock...
Hahaha, I was listening to the Duran Duran Rio album just yestrday. I haden't heard it in years. My sister just burned me a bunch of old music, the first 2 Duran Duran albums, some old Depeche Mode, The Cure,
The Smiths ect.. :D
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Just the stuff in my car (skewed towards the girl I've been hanging out with lately) - Wu-Tang Clan-36 Chambers, Everlast-Whitey Ford Sings the Blues, KMFDM-Nihil, early 3-disc burned soundtrack to my book, Fiona Apple-When the Pawn..., Smashing Pumpkins-Adore, Goldfrappe-Black Cherry, Vampire Nation-Eternal, BT-ESCM, Stone Temple Pilots-12 Gracious Melodies, Ozzy Osborne-No More Tears, Starlight Mints-The Dream That Stuff Was Made of, and Abby Travis-The Abby Travis Foundation

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

boostjunkie wrote:
Legacy777 wrote:boost....how do you like the new Mark Farina cd?
It's not bad, but I'd definitely recommend Steve Lawler's "Lights Out" (I think that's what it's called. Do you get to see a lot of djs out there in Houston?
I've heard of the lights out cd....haven't heard it though.

Well....there has been some bigger name djs come through. Tiesto & Oakenfold were here around halloween. Went to see tiesto, was a pretty decent show. Deepsky was also here, didn't go to see them.....money was tight. There's other that come through, but houston is mainly a DnB & House city. I did go to a buddy's house part last weekend. That was pretty good, His two buddys that came over & spun were pretty good, (trance & atmospheric DnB <- pretty good actually) The one dj was actually at tiesto....I was like.....I know you...haha.

My taste in music varies quite a bit, but I definitely think your area gets better stuff then we get.

It was bad when I was in memphis though.....the local fav was like techy/funky house or some weird shit.....
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by boostjunkie »

Legacy777 wrote:My taste in music varies quite a bit, but I definitely think your area gets better stuff then we get.
I guess it depends on what you're into. I know in the past two years or so progressive house/trance has become the mainstream. Tiesto, Oakenfold, PVD, and Ferry Corsten seem to be the bigger selling djs in these parts. Used to be a trancehead, but have since moved more towards House. Don't think anything will compare with Miguel Migs spinnin about a month ago!!

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

yeah, all those guys are the big namers.....honestly I like the stuff they put out better before they got big. Oakie hasn't had a decent release since tranceport or possibly ibiza.....his new new one, great wall, isn't bad though.

Any more I typically will really enjoy something that sounds unique and isn't played to death.

Speaking of that....you may want to check out this mix. It's done by a DJ in Austrailia, Jono Fernandez. It is more of a House sound, but has some very uniqe tracks. The only one I've heard before was the "dirty, sticky floor one"
http://www.main.experiencetherave.com:8 ... o/jono.zip
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

I have a crazy taste in music. Everything from kylie minogue and ja rule to marilyn manson, to bad poppy techno, hardcore trance, mexican rap, bon jovi, and frank sinatra mostly early-mid 90's songs.
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

legacy92ej22t wrote:Hahaha, I was listening to the Duran Duran Rio album just yestrday. I haden't heard it in years. My sister just burned me a bunch of old music, the first 2 Duran Duran albums, some old Depeche Mode, The Cure,
The Smiths ect.. :D
I have just asked around all over the place for names of good 80's songs... Depeche Mode definitely came up, Flock of Seagulls, Fine Young Cannibals, Shannon, Thompson Twins, Men At Work, etc. etc.

To spill some beans, I found a very rare XT turbo close to my house for sale that I can get real cheap, and since the XT is the quintessential 80's car IMO, and it's turbo, if I get it, I'm gonna put a boombox in the back seat and play Judas Priest-Turbo Lover all the way home :D :lol:

Really it's just fun to listen to songs that you completely forgot about, whether they're 2 years old or 20 years old. Examples:

Coolio-Gangsta's Paradise :lol:
White Town-Your Woman
Rednex-Cotton Eye Joe
Meredith Brooks-Bitch

Sometimes it sounds cheesy, but that's the appeal of it. I always feel old when I listen to 80's music and remember those songs "from my childhood" :lol:
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

"i dont mean to sound like a queer or nothin, but I think depeche mode is a cool band"
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.