What's your driving record?

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

What's your driving record?

Post by entirelyturbo »

Since I sweet-talked my way out of a $93 ticket in my XT tonight (was going 35 in a 25 and just got a verbal warning), I was curious: what black marks do the rest of you have on your slate?

I got a ticket just a bit over a year ago, I was going 64 in a 45, but sweet-talked that down to 55 in a 45, which was a point less and insurance never knew about it. Took the class and got the points removed. I'm pretty smooth about getting away with stuff 8)

I also have a minor accident which I didn't get a ticket for, and when I switched insurance, that record got lost in all of it :D

Discuss...
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
Yukonart
Cradle Robber
Cradle Robber

Post by Yukonart »

Just ONE deferred ticket for taking a "free right" at a light where you're specifically not supposed to. :oops:

Oh well, it's already been three months of the six I need. . . and technically, it's not on my record unless I incur another infraction before that probabtionary period is over.

So. . . . . clean as a whistle for the last 4-5 years. :P
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

Pulled over 2x for licensing issues. Once in my crx for 39 in a 25, got that ticket deferred. Twice in the partywagon, 70 in a 60, verbal warning, and 60 in a 50, verbal warning. boobies do wonders. :)
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

I've no tickets but i was pulled over twice, once for having a red pair of dice that lit up in the rear view and the other for going 60 in a 40 (had expired insurance card with me that time too, I was insured just card expired). I talked my way out of both of those. I also got a warning from some old cop on a moto for doing 60 in a 35 :D All that crap was in my old car though. Which I crashed into a freakin taurus and totalled, while that bitch only had a cut and a few scratches in her bumper, she later (more than a year later) went on to try and sue me for some rediculous amount, luckily my insurance company paid her off, but I did get a couple of points on my record because of that gayass shit. Police said it was only 51% my fault though :D
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
georryan
Fourth Gear

Post by georryan »

I've been pulled over a few times. I've had three tickets and one warning. All have been out of state. (Washington and Oregan suck, but my tickets were all in Washington).

I only have one on my record right now and my insurance is ignoring it. Thanks Farmers.

I had an accident on my record like 5 years ago, but it was dumb. I nicked the side view mirror on a telephone pole (which I parked next to every day for two years at that college) and popped some of the fiberglass out of the door. Insurance made it a claim since it was going to cost 1500 to change the door. :(
91 Pearl White Sport Sedan
04 Java Black Pearl Forester XT
2014 Volvo S60 T5
18 KTM 1290 Adventure S

87 Grey GL-10 Sedan (so long old buddy) - donated
97 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - sold
2002 BMW r1150rt-p - sold
2004 BMW r1200ST - sold
2016 BMW r1200RS - sold
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I've been in three accidents, none of which counted against me.

However:
11 speeding tickets (all states). I might be forgetting one or two.
1 marked lanes violation
2 improper equipment
1 red light violation (though that's because I was out-of-state in my old wagon in yuppieville Michigan at night).
1 expired license
The oddball ones were for driving over someone's lawn. My ex's idea. :roll:

Luckily all but two speeding tickets are expired currently.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

gee steve, you're a motor-ninja

lemme see

ploughed my bmw into a concrete pillar. No one else involved, no damage except to my car. no ticket, no insurance.

ran over a bird doing an unchecked left turn, stopped (didn't know what i hit) motorcycle ran into me. 1 ticket, disregarded by insurance.

100 around a cloverleaf :twisted: talked the cop down to 79. took a class for the point. 1 ticket, unknown of by insurance.

I'm a pretty safe driver.... on paper...
[url=http://www.thawa.net/gallery/albums/album108/DSCF0330.jpg]90 legacy of awesomeness[/url]
LegacyT
Fourth Gear

Post by LegacyT »

Only thing I've had so far was a $70 ticket on a test drive. The customer was always complaining about windnoise from the drivers window. So Like every technician there I go around the block for the test drive to hear where at the windows seam the noise is coming from. Cops are never there!!! Go figure I'm doing about 80kmp in a 40 zone, I come around the crest and sitting right there, a damn cop. He pulls me over right away. I told him im a mechanic at subaru on a test drive blah blah blah. He says fine, bumps me down to 55. So I got a cheap ass ticket and lost no points. 8)

Oh yeah, I was in a 2001 2.5RS coupe 5spd with seat covers and rims. They just had to get me when I was in one of those. If I were in a old outback wagon with an auto I prolly would have just got a verbal warning, but then again both cops were rookies :evil:

Mark,
1991 Turbo Sedan, Aspen White 5MT, Sold RIP
1994 Turbo Sedan, Crimson Pearl 5MT, from British Columbia-no rust!
petridish38
Second Gear

Post by petridish38 »

Never had a ticket or warning....Never even been pulled over...

I got a 98 on my DMV test (2 points taken off cuz my dad didnt set the parking brake when we got to the DMV) and i haven't had an accident yet....(knock on wood)

Andrew
1990 Legacy LS Sedan FWD NA MT
209,000 miles!
2002 Impreza WRX Sport Wagon
http://www.myspace.com/petridish38
http://www.cardomain.com/id/petridish38
import_freak
First Gear

Post by import_freak »

I'm right up there with Andrew. Never gotten a ticket, been pulled over, or been in an accident. For some reason the cops just dont see the legacy when theres a ________ ( <----- insert sports car name there) ahead of me. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: [/quote]
93 legacy turbo sedan
00 jeep wrangler
mTk
no title

Post by mTk »

I've had 3 tickets total, all for speeding.

#1 was for 43 in a 30 got supervision and it went away

#2 was 52 in a 45 :P

#3 was 42 in a 30

All three were w/in 4 months, when i was 19, so far none since then.

MK
1992 BC672 AWD 5MT
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

When you're a teenager and your car looks like this:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sra ... 06a76c.jpg

you get pulled over for everything and followed by bored suburban cops even when you're not doing anything.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
FrmRgz2Rchz
First Gear

Post by FrmRgz2Rchz »

When I had my wrecked NA, I got pulled over all the time. On one occasion the county sherriff impounded the car because he said it was unsafe. I paid impound and ticket was thrown out.

Besides that, I have 3 speeding tickets:

68 in a 50...which was my first

95 reduced to 85 in a 55...Sherriff in an unmarked vehicle paced me. I was so mad, I thought if a cop passed us on the deserted two lane highway we were on, he would pull over the guy behind me..oops

49 in a 35... was lost trying to find the race track. Too busy on the phone getting directions to pay attention to the speed limit.
Andy Rose
1993 Subaru Legacy Sport Sedan
2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
1999 Hyundai Accent
970subaru
First Gear

Post by 970subaru »

CLEAN! never been pulled over ever. been driving for only 4 years though. done my share of stupid stuff witha car too. been reeeaaallly close to getting extremely busted.(triple digits in a 70, around 65 in a 45, etc. I have been plain lucky.(knocks furiously on wood)
also ashamed to admit to have driven drunk a few times, spinning car, driving over railroad tracks in the dark on accident(ruined a stock steelie but no susp. damage), hitting a curb in the snow, driving around uninsured in my open exhaust rabbit, etc. Im trying to calm down a bit.. :roll:
I love to case.
petridish38
Second Gear

Post by petridish38 »

driving drunk is bad mmkay....
1990 Legacy LS Sedan FWD NA MT
209,000 miles!
2002 Impreza WRX Sport Wagon
http://www.myspace.com/petridish38
http://www.cardomain.com/id/petridish38
FrmRgz2Rchz
First Gear

Post by FrmRgz2Rchz »

I think you get better at it with practice :lol:
Andy Rose
1993 Subaru Legacy Sport Sedan
2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
1999 Hyundai Accent
stant093
Voluntarily Dismissed

Post by stant093 »

1 driving with out insurance
1 expired inspection
1 inspection issued to another vehicel (Long story short you do anyting to get your car to a concert when its close enough around here)
1 accident, 100% other drivers fault made a pretty penny out of a 90 legacy with more rust than steel :)
LegacyPunk
Second Gear

Post by LegacyPunk »

No tickets for me, but one time some guy backed into me at a parking lot and tried to blame it on me, insurance took care of it. no damage to my rear bumper, big dent in his rear fender :twisted:

Pulled over twice, once I apparently had blueish license plate lights?? (BS bored small town cop at night when i was testing my AF gauge)

other time the cop tried to say i was doing 65 and climbing in a 55 when i had passengers that could prove i was only doing like 58 or 59 :wink:, made some "fast and furious" crack about my car, let off with a warning.

other than that just some close calls in bad weather.
:twisted::cool::twisted: "Plenty of time, to ruin my life, so why start now?" The Movie Life
1993 Sports Sedan, Exhaust, MBC, 02 WRX IC, KYB GR-2s...Now with old back seat!
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

No tickets or accidents for me in 3+ years of driving.
I watch out for cops and people who don't know what they're doing.
90 L+ wgn
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

LegacyPunk555 wrote: other time the cop tried to say i was doing 65 and climbing in a 55 when i had passengers that could prove i was only doing like 58 or 59 :wink:, made some "fast and furious" crack about my car, let off with a warning.
PUNKASS kids and their fixed up imports!
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Sounds like I'm the winner still. What do I get for all my extra donations to civil institutions?

Steve
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

paved roads to speed on :)
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

You get better traction on the running track at your local high school, a friend with alot of experience told me this. 8)
LegacyPunk
Second Gear

Post by LegacyPunk »

He also asked my what my big hood scoop was for...and i was just like "uhh...air" :lol: probably both times I was pulled over were just because i was a
"PUNKASS kid with a fixed up import"
:twisted::cool::twisted: "Plenty of time, to ruin my life, so why start now?" The Movie Life
1993 Sports Sedan, Exhaust, MBC, 02 WRX IC, KYB GR-2s...Now with old back seat!
91White-T
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 91White-T »

When I got pulled over for open exaust the cop made a "fast and furious" joke... Then let me off with a warning :lol:
98 Ford Contour V6 24V 5MT
98 Chevy Camaro Z28 LS1 6MT
91 Rio Red SS 5MT Sold
91 Flat Black Wagon L+ 4EAT RIP
91 Pearl White SS 4EAT RIP