How old is everyone on this board?

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Hehe, I too thought you were older Ciper...
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
GizMo22t
First Gear

Re:

Post by GizMo22t »

[quote="boostjunkie"]I'm just wondering. Seems as though the average age of people who own legacies is older than the impreza crowd, although I could be wrong.

I am 21 but 22 on the 16th of aprial. I have always been a fan of the Impreza, but I can't afford my dream 22b.

My first car was an 86 DL wagon. I loved that car untill it finaly( at 250,000 miles) broke. I drove my Dad's Brat, loved that car also. I learned about the legacies and decided to purches one. I have been verry happy with it so far.
Mo
93touring wagon
LegacyLS90
In Neutral

Post by LegacyLS90 »

I'm 16 :D Might seen young, but I love Subaru's. Been into them since i was 11!
Danny
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

Wild, I should take that as a compliment. I dont feel any different from my peers though.

The only reason I could see is that I started working in a corporate enviroment before my twenties. On top of that I moved 2 states away so for a decent amount of time the only people I interacted with had 10 or more years on me.

As it turned out most of my good friends are 10-15 years older.

Anyways, have any of you heard of I-Speed? These guys are local to me and trust me when I say they know something. Great attitude too. They are going to help me increase the power of my legacy... :wink:

http://www.i-speedusa.com/

If you have never ridden in a 2800 pound impreza with a WRX transplant you are really missing out. Even running stock the vehicle is amazingly fast, a combination of the weight reduction and better gearing helps ALOT. This is the car subaru should have built.

You could purchase an old impreza for say 3-4k (engine condition doesnt matter) and including that in the price spend a total of 11k for vehicle faster than 99%+ of the cars on the road. You also are running stock (or near stock) so no worry about reliability or longevity.

Im not doing a wrx transplant though, too much work as our cars are really "unique" in the wiring department.
paf
First Gear

Post by paf »

IM 16
Love subarus
1990 FWD Legacy Wagon Base
subaruguy
First Gear

Post by subaruguy »

Last edited by subaruguy on Wed Apr 02, 2003 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Subaruguy
(a.k.a likestospdalot)I have tickets to prove it
scoobiedoo22
First Gear

Post by scoobiedoo22 »

I'm 24 going on 25 this May. Been driven around in Subies my whole life, my dad owned the only Subaru dealership here in the UP of Michigan, unfortunatly for me he sold the dealership in 92, before I could drive, but he has been dealing used Subies since then and the whole family is Subie lovers. My first subie was an 87 GL, was owned by my Uncle, given to one of my older brothers, then given to me with around 230,000 miles and when I parked it and bought my Legacy it had over 287K on the clock. Other brother had an 85 BRAT which was sweet, I have driven everything Subaru has put out in the past 20 years, except a Legacy Turbo and WRX, and I will be driving them untill they stop making them or I get to old to fix them up.
1991 Legacy SS 5-Speed

1999 Impreza 2.5RS Coupe
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

It seems like I'm the only one who has no Subaru influences in my family, everyone else seems to be the sixth subaru owner in their family! I just got mine out of necessity and then fell in love with it...

Now my uncle bought a 92 Loyale after I got my car, but that makes me the influence :D ...

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
subiecar
In Neutral

old man and the L

Post by subiecar »

:!: I`m 58 going on 28 and am considered to be in my 3rd childhood. I`ve had a `49 Ford flathead, a `56 Ford, a `58 Pontiac, a `63 Chevy with a built small block, a `68 Camaro with a built big block, a `74 Vega wagon that my 1st wife burnt up (so I installed a built small block with a beefed Powerglide)---I now have a `95 Infinity J30 as a cruiser and my `92 L wagon for the "fun times"; I bought the Legacy originally for work and started to modify it with around 165k on the clock. Best damn car I`ve ever owned. Well, I have to go and oil up my walker now so we`ll talk again soon :D.---Rod
Age and treachery will overcome youth and skill!
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

subaruguy......I'm seeing a trend.....a good majority of the vehicles you've driven have had a bad demise....
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
subaruguy
First Gear

Post by subaruguy »

yeah I like to rod on my stuff
Subaruguy
(a.k.a likestospdalot)I have tickets to prove it
Mark Ward
First Gear

Post by Mark Ward »

Hey Ciper,
The impreza with the WRX transplant is what the rest of the world got...
Drive a Legacy RS with the EJ20T and closer gearbox with the 4.11 final drive.. I swear, just as much fun (or more)as a new WRX. I find the new WRX turns in quicker then my legacy.
Mark
mile hi
First Gear

Post by mile hi »

Hey Rod lets get together and talk about the good ol'e days. Today is my birthday and I am 65. First car was a '37 Ford V8/60 many since then including a inherited '58 Porsche that got me hooked on imports A Porsche 550 spyder two Ferrari's back to Detroit for a few vette's but now it is a '95 Subaru impreza with a modified '94 turbo Legacy motor. We could go see a friend of mine in Georgetown Ca he is 78 and just scared the daylights out of a Subaru salesman with a 160mph ride in his Impreza.
AL(CO)
al@iwtu.net
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

NO WAY!!!

Al, we have the same birthday?? April 1st? That's really cool! And you're 65??? That is awesome. I'm a whopping 19 today :lol: . I thought you were in your 30's maybe. I have never seen a 65-year-old more enthusiastic about his work! You should be very proud of yourself!!!

Then the 78-year-old with the 160-mph Impreza. Us young people should be ashamed! You guys are living more exciting lives than we are!!!

*Formerly DerFahrer*

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Happy birthday guys :)
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Grant
Second Gear

Post by Grant »

I'm 22. 23 in July. I inherited a 81 Subaru DL wagon when I was 16. Drove it into the ground then got myself a 79 wagon and drove that for a few months until I found my Legacy. I bought it without any research into anything else and I have loved it. I needed something cheap and reliable and I definetely got it. My next car will definetly be a Legacy Turbo that I will be building into a Club Rally car hopefully in the next year or so and I plan on building a Legacy B4 for my road car probably starting around graduation time next Fall or Spring. I don't think I'll ever own something other than a Legacy. After mine my dad and sister both have 2002 Subarus.
Grant Hughes
Denver, CO
http://www.nocoastmotorsports.net
Fernely
In Neutral

Post by Fernely »

34 here, I have the Legacy and a 2002 WRX. I first noticed subaru's in 94 when I was looking for a new car. Little did I know back then that I could have bought a Legacy SS. I can confidently say I'll never own another type of car. The way they are built is incredible, I will be first in line when the new EJ25T is put in the next gen. Legacy!
We have two seasons in Miami, Hot and Hotter!
gt tankie
First Gear

Post by gt tankie »

29. Bought my suby in 99 and luv it, (apart from numerious repairs but thats the price u pay I suppose).
Done 80,000kms and the AWD just died.
Past cars, 1976 hillman avenger, unkillable.
2 of those.
1981 4.1 ford fairmont. I would never have another ford for a pimple on my ass.
1973 V6 ford capri with 5 speed celica box, another heap of rubbish but it was cheap.
And finally 1992 GT Legacy turbo EJ20 wagon 4EAT, RH drive from Jap market. Has had it's problems but I luv it and I have become intimate with it's components. :lol:
FG!!
Second Gear

Post by FG!! »

many cars, many motorcycles.

love this car :D
92ss, 66bsa thunderbolt, 92miata, 06wrx
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

Just turned 25 on Tuesday, the 13th. Woohoo...I guess :?

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by boostjunkie »

Happy belated birthday!! You're a quarter-century old!
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

just turned 28 in early may.have been into subaru's since my mom brought home a early 80's[83 i think] 2 door hatch back.great trade from the puke green rambler i spent so many years ducking on the way to school in :lol: then in 90 during high school,my friend's dad got a legacy wagon,we tore the hell out of it and it begged for more :twisted: i grew up in eugene oregon and we'd take it on the weekend's up to mt. bachelor to go skiing and i couldn't believe the handling on snow and ice.another friend had an audi 4000 quattro and that was alot of fun too.i thought i wanted the audi until my first ride in a legacy turbo,93 in bend,and new i had to have one.three years later i got my 92 turbo sport manual and have had it ever since,love it!got my wife a forester a few years back and like it to.but i'll tell ya what,the forester is not built half as well as my legacy.now if i can just pick up a sti in july i can die happy :)
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
teaguespeed
First Gear

Post by teaguespeed »

i'm yet another 19. there seems to be a lot of us :)
'99 Impreza L 2.2 powa!

"If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style."
Sir Yach-o
First Gear

Post by Sir Yach-o »

I'm 24... Had a 97 Impreza (R.I.P), then got my Legacy. And most recently, my '81 280zx. The Legacy's the good car, daily driver, the Z's for when I want to try and blow something up like a head gasket. :twisted:
Observe my signiture for car #4; I've got the 350 smallblock all ready to go, just gotta find one! :P

-mike
I'm saving up for my Yugo.
SubbyRS
In Neutral

Post by SubbyRS »

Turned 36 2 weeks ago......got me a '91 Legacy RS (JDM spec), stock AWIC model, 220HP......minimal mods: intake & suspension bracing & bushes. Had it for 4 years & love it!! but still pondering where to go next.....keep it & modify into a WRX killer (easy & so-so$$$) or sell it & go EVO (yummy but big $$$).....
1991 Legacy RS. VOSchip. 154.6kW ATW @ 1bar boost