Driving like a granny?

Collection of technical archives from the BC-BF LegacyWorks Yahoo! group.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Marc

Driving like a granny?

Post by Marc »

I've just refilled the tank on my 93 5s Sport sedan to find (for the second time this month) that I'm averaging 27mpg. Is that normal, or do I just drive like a girl?

I don't think I do...

marc
Josh Colombo

Driving like a granny?

Post by Josh Colombo »

That's pretty high mileage. I don't even get that with a n/a motor.......probably is your driving style ;)
Marc

Driving like a granny?

Post by Marc »

Its odd- seems to be improving over time. I keep it 2-3000 rpm most of the time, but I still launch it off lights from time to time and rev it to 6,000+ when overtaking or on onramps... Weird. It may just be me, but I think that I drive slower with my radar detector than without. Knowing where the cops are- even if they couldn't care less.

marc
INCEv@webtv.net

Driving like a granny?

Post by INCEv@webtv.net »

I wish my car got that good of economy!

:-)

Dan
Kam

Driving like a granny?

Post by Kam »

It's been known to get high 20s out of a turbo'd EJ20 - it's just that I don't get anywhere near that!!
dfullerton

Driving like a granny?

Post by dfullerton »

ok on The run across europe i was getting 300miles out of a full tank of 98 octane fuel in my UK turbo with Mrt full system unichip piggy back ecu running 10 psi boost td05 turbo ported headers. free flow filter.[ps when car was setup with unichip tech found car was running really rich]
ciper_

Driving like a granny?

Post by ciper_ »

And no offense, crappy tires. Someone tried to explain the effects of rolling resistance to me and I didnt believe it would make very much difference.

When I switched from the stock sized tires (wal mart specials) to some z rated 205 width my mileage dropped quite a bit.
Marc

Driving like a granny?

Post by Marc »

Huh-

That never occured to me. I've the Nitto Touring tires that were on it when I bought the car three years ago- can't be too sticky, then, can they?
japtexas2001

Driving like a granny?

Post by japtexas2001 »

Also, and I've mentioned this before, just before my oil pump seals
went my mileage went way up.

Jim