PDM ( Performance Development & Mftg in Colorado)

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

tonflo
First Gear

PDM ( Performance Development & Mftg in Colorado)

Post by tonflo »

AVOID PDM in Northglenn, CO!!!! This guy is a crook. I tracked down a phone # & called on the 25th. I sent a check for $135 on Sept.26 for an aluminum coolant tank & cap. He says he's not making them anymore but has a few left, he'll send it priority mail. Every week I have to call (he never calls me) for the excuse , oh you'll get it on fri. The check has already cleared. First he had to weld on fittings (odd if they were already built). Then it was the welder burned holes through 2 of them. Then the welder never showed up. On Oct.21 he assured me it was done & would go out the next day. He would email the tracking # for whatever he sent (the tank or a refund at this point) Here I am no tank, no email, no refund. Lying sack!! Crap service is one thing, total lack of follow-up is worse, but this a-hole takes the cake. DO NOT support this parasite!
'94 Legacy Touring wagon. Quicksilver metallic. WRX rims, Whiteline ALK, SS brakelines, GR2s, alum. coolant tank. Gone, but not forgotten

'99 NSX, Alex Zanardi edition, #11/50. All stock & red 2 go

'05 Corolla XRS
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

That's tough. The welder that's probably making 'em (or made 'em) used to work for JC Sports when the were still in business. He's a damn good welder and made a lot of their parts. I truly hope you end up getting your tank as there's quite a few of us that'd like to pick on up as well.

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I will add some more info.

Rod G from this board sent his manifold and oil tank to Joel @ PDM to have some work done. He had the parts for 4-5 months at the least and didn't do a damn thing to them. Al had to physically go over to Joel's shop, get them and ship them back to Rod so he could finish his motor up.

They were in the process of moving. Their old shop had mold real bad and was causing everyone to get sick. I think they moved everything to Joel's house, and after that, things have just not been the same. Rod still hasn't gotten his money back.....under the current circumstances I wouldn't do business with them any more. They "had" good parts, and know how....but their business end was not there.

Also for you gossip queens. The guy who ran JC Sports is Joel's son......like father....like son.......
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
tonflo
First Gear

PDM update

Post by tonflo »

Just to let everyone know, the tank finally arrived yesterday. It came unannounced without any explanation as to why it took so long. Their website says they are closed until further notice or no longer offering parts- something along those lines. I would stay away to be safe.
'94 Legacy Touring wagon. Quicksilver metallic. WRX rims, Whiteline ALK, SS brakelines, GR2s, alum. coolant tank. Gone, but not forgotten

'05 Corolla XRS
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

At least you got your order filled...finally! Oh well, I guess we'll all have to look for other options for replacing the tank.

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
tonflo
First Gear

more update

Post by tonflo »

The fittings on the back side were all too small for the stock hoses & clamps. I bought a bunch of hose clamps to fix it. The fitting for overflow (below the cap) was too small but threaded in so I just bought a fatter one & replaced it. Seems to work so far.

'05 Corolla XRS