Need Some Advise/Decision Making

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Which One Should I buy Next?

Struts
94%
Seat
No votes
Wheels
6%

Total votes: 16

Grant
Second Gear

Need Some Advise/Decision Making

Post by Grant »

Should I buy some new KYB GR-2s or a set of WRX wheels for my car or a Corbeau Forza racing seat?
Grant Hughes
Denver, CO
http://www.nocoastmotorsports.net
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

If you NEED struts, get struts. They will help keep your WRX wheels from grabbing the inner lip of your fender like mine is doing :( .
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
import_freak
First Gear

Post by import_freak »

id go for performance over looks especially if your struts are in bad shape
93 legacy turbo sedan
00 jeep wrangler
Dr Nick
Second Gear

Post by Dr Nick »

This is the problem with most 'ricers' - they go for the jewellry first! Big wheels, nice seats, mega stereo and then try and drive around on shaky old suspension and clapped-out engines... (Not that I'm calling YOU a ricer obviously - you asked first!! 8) :D )
- Rob

1992 Legacy Turbo Estate (Wagon) / 5MT / 186k miles. [url]http://www.griggs-taylor.co.uk/legacy.html[/url]
1986 Suzuki GSX-R400 / 6MT / 43k km. [url]http://www.griggs-taylor.co.uk/mybike.html[/url]
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

If you need the struts defenitely get them first. It would be shame to get new rims and tires and then roll around on tired struts and ruin your new tires.
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
Grant
Second Gear

Post by Grant »

That's also what I think. The seat wasn't really an option but I wanted to give at least three choices. My current tires need replaced badly though so that's why I've been leaning towards new wheels since WRX wheels with new tires isn't much more than a set of new tires for my 14s. That settles it for me though. Thanks for the replies. Struts it is. Wheels will have to wait for powerball.
Grant Hughes
Denver, CO
magicmike
Fifth Gear

Post by magicmike »

Racing seats in a daily driver is just plain rediculous.......IMHO
Not to mention racing seats in the front and a stock back seat is even more rediculous

ummm..... you did mean a racing style seat when you said seat right????
-Mike

2011 Infiniti G37x Sedan - Current
2007 Ducati 800ss - Current
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (White)
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (Silver)
2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Dr Nick wrote:This is the problem with most 'ricers' - they go for the jewellry first!
I couldn't have said it better myself... Again, not implying anything ;) , but I would go with new GR2's without even thinking about it. That will give your future upgrades more merit, since they will benefit from a properly functioning suspension...
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
Grant
Second Gear

Post by Grant »

Just on a side note. Allof this will be done as well as a cage and a total interior strip and some underbody protection as I will be racing in the Colorado Hill Climb Association's six hill climb events in 2004. I just can't decide what I wanted to do first. The racing seat isn't for show but for functionality and safety. The wheels are for the economical factor of needing new street tires and a third set of wheels so I can use snows on my current 14's gravel rally tires on my old steels, and the WRX ones for street. Thanks again to everybody for their responses.
Grant Hughes
Denver, CO
JasonGrahn
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Re: Need Some Advise/Decision Making

Post by JasonGrahn »

Grant wrote:Should I buy some new KYB GR-2s or a set of WRX wheels for my car or a Corbeau Forza racing seat?
As a car enthusiast, I can understand the quandry that comes about when choosing the next modification step for ones vehicle.

As a researcher, I know that each one of these has its listed benefits - some more important then others.

[rant on]As a moderator, I like to see our community broaden. But I hate the "what do I do next" questions as it shows indecisiveness and lack of initiative. As Paul Eklund says "Hesitation equals annihilation."[/rant off]

Whenever a friend ask me what to do next, I offer up a way for them to find their solution... Make a chart, list the pros and cons of each mod. After making the list, it will be self evident which modification will be the best for you.

Looking at your list of 3 mods, and thinking of the benefits of each, i would get the struts 1st, seat 2nd, and wheels 3rd.
-Jason Grahn