forester XT

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

import_freak
First Gear

forester XT

Post by import_freak »

So i was driving home from work today. the way i come home i go by the local sooby dealer. And they had a forester XT in. So of course i had to say hi to it :) . It took about 1 second before i had someone trying to sell it to me. I just laughed at him. Liked i'd have that much money to spend on a car. Im in college for gosh sakes. Anyways that is a beautiful car. I keep hoping they'll get an sti in for me to drool over, but they dont. Well thats enough of my ranting and raving.

Peace out
93 legacy turbo sedan
00 jeep wrangler
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Before I decided to stay with the older Subarus a bit longer, I had my heart set on a Forester XT.

I've driven a 98 Forester on a test drive, and I found it to be quite a good little wagon. It's unfortunate that it has such a negative stigma attached to it (you all know what it is, I don't have to tell you ;) ). But I was simply enthralled by the notion of having such a pedestrian car be able to do a high 13-second quarter mile! A wagon, a cute-ute even, able to hand a WRX its ass. That is super cool to me! :twisted:

But yes I agree, $25,000 is a very high price of admission :( ...
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

you know what's funny, is the bajas... They look like boats. :)
Grant
Second Gear

Post by Grant »

They're doing a Baja Turbo for 2004 too. Even funnier. SPO used to have a sweet picture of a Forester lowered with a body kit. That'd be a fun car to have for someone like me, likes to be able to transport lots of stuff and loves large dogs. I used to get funny looks with my Lab/Dane mix and Old English Mastiff cruising in the back seat of my Legacy. It was a tight fit. They had about 250 combined weight.
Grant Hughes
Denver, CO
http://www.nocoastmotorsports.net
ldeaks
In Neutral

Post by ldeaks »

you know what's funny, is the bajas... They look like boats
I saw one of those for the first time while i was in LA last month. Wasnt really sure to start with (that was due to the colour) but then my mind played with it a little and lowered it , put some nice black rims on it and changed the colour to gun metal grey. Dump the motor in favour of a TT Legacy motor and tricked auto. Then i thought it would be fun.

Now all i need is subaru oz to wake up and import them and then i can mod it.

Deaks
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

Yuck, baja=terrible balance of weight.
93Leg-c
Fourth Gear

Post by 93Leg-c »

Stopped in at a Suby dealer last week and wanted to test drive the STi. Couldn't do it . . . against company policy. Even the salespeople cannot drive it. They will allow it only if you show yourself serious to purchase it with credit cleared or money on hand and ready to sign on the dotted line. Then, and maybe then, will they allow a test drive.

So, the salesman said I can get sort of a feel of the STi if I drove the Forester XT with the 2.5 turbo in it. Wow! Impressive! The acceleration beats the WRX hands down! No confidence going into curves at speed, though. . . real mushy handling . . . but what can one expect?

Now if that engine were in my Suby -- what a sweet combination that would be! I'm not knocking those of you who have the 2.2 turbo or the twin turbo (actually I haven't even seen any of those engines in person). All I'm saying is that for me it was a thrill to feel the pick up of that 2.5T.

If any of you out there with the 2.2T were to test drive the 2.5T Forester I'd lilke to know how they compare (engine performance only, of course).
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

STi's aren't moving around here, apparently. The dealer seems to have about six or seven of them at all times. I wonder if it would be easier to get a test drive here? Ther's also an Evo across the street at the Mitsu dealer that's been there for over a month. Bush's economic revival has yet to hit MA. Maybe it's just all the rich #$@% buying million dollar cars again that's floating the economy, 'cause it sure ain't regular folks 'roun here gettin' jobs, I tell you what. Not that I'm complaining - I'm enjoying my first time being unemployed.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.